FryderykChopin

The ad banners could use some better catchline

Let's talk about this ad banner:

10525425818702445455?sqp=4sqPyQQ7QjkqNxA

First off, graphically wise, it's top notch, very sleak and clean, on first glance it feels like an advert for official server.

What's my issue with it is the content in it. Few points:

• The only people who care about getting extra deposit bonus on donations are old players.
  • Old players in majority of cases either
    • (a) already play here, or
    • (b) have already recieved the mass mail about Zaken patch / have heard of it from old clan/CP mates
  • Even in the small number of cases where neither of above applies, I don't really feel like getting 10% deposit bonus something that would bring them back.
  • From the new player perspective, a donation bonus is the last thing you care about if you haven't played here yet (not only that it doesn't attract them, it can actually backfire because the first thing they know about the server is that it has donations in it, which has always been considered the 'dark side' of the servers)
  • The name of the server or URL is not explicitly mentioned. Side point, but the logo should probably incorporate the word "club" in it to differentiate from the official servers. If you look at this ad and decide to check it out later, you search for something like "Classic Lineage II" which guides you to official servers since on Google it's listed higher.

My suggestion:

• Incorporate the "l2classic.club" in the banner
  • Remove the whole "deposit bonus" and put weight on some of these :
    • Zaken patch released (arguably the most important point because both /a/ the old players who might've missed the mail will know that Zaken patch is finally here and /b/ it works on new players because new patch implies new opportunities and new ways to get a headstart, as it's always been with L2 patches - newbies buffs, shadow weapons etc.)
    • Reworked newbie bonuses (for above mentioned reasons, if you're joining an older server you want to know you'll be "compensated" for late start)
    • Being over 4 years online (large part of the community has evolved from jumping on a new server each week and are looking for stability, so it's defnitely worth mentioning)
    • Being the largest european classic server (obviously, people want to have someone to play with)
    • Being 'hardcore' and 'oldschool' Lineage 2 (for those who might be unfamiliar with the concept of Classic altogether... Yeah I know it's not 'hardcore' compared to Classic 1.0 but it's still semi-hardcore compared to the old chronicles)

If only the still banner is in question then the 'Zaken' mention would be my pick to put the weight on, if it could be turned into a gif then a short mention of all above points could work together (e.g. 'True Oldschool Lineage 2" -> "Largest EU Classic server (2000+ online) -> "New Zaken patch released" -> "Newbie bonuses reworked" -> "Over 4 years online" or similar order), if you could fit 2 points in the still banner then "zaken patch" + "largest european server" would work nicely together.

/discuss

• Like 8

Agree. There are other newer proyects that took "club" term, some are classic chronicle. "L2classic.club" instead of "L2Club" is good idea. Is the same reason of why we can no longer use just "talking island server" anymore