Sign in to follow this  
Dafka

Game crashing

Hi,

Im having this problem when playing:

It started with the pc having a blue screen and restarting after playing for several hours (this happened a couple of times), the box was hot so i figured that the computer must have been overheating.

I opened it up and cleaned the cpu, it had a lot of dust and so on and by removing it i hoped to get rid of this problem, but now the game will "crash" 20/30 minutes in, almost immediatly after i start playing (this happened 3 or 4 times so far, in ivory tower crater and alligator island).

Basically the screen gets black and i have to restart the pc, I downloaded a temperature monitoring app and it was like 50ºC when this happened or maybe less (max t registered in the app was 60ºC overall). The other weird thing is that i played minecraft to test the temperature (¿that i imagine is as resource consuming as l2 at least?) and the temperature got even higher but nothing bad happened.

My computer is old but i tink its working fine (i have an i5-2310 CPU @ 2,9GHz with 8 RAM,  with a GeForce GT 430) and i havent got this problem with any other game or program, its weird.

Any ideas? (i already re installed the game a couple of times, updated drivers, and so on).

Well, probably its just an old computer giving trouble but i wanted to ask the forum before giving up.

Thanks to anyone that takes the time to read this and attempts an answer!

There are tons of problems can that cause those issue.

Since you jumped from BSOD to BS it can be a simple software problem or hardware issue. 

CPU rarely broke ( at least you didn't OC ) and 40 to 75°C it's just normal working temperature.

As first steps, like you partially did, try to:

1) reinstall L2

2) Update Driver ( Clean install )

3) Then, If the problem still occur, ty to reinstall Win

If after all this the problem it's still not solved than most likely it's a hardware issue and the best thing to do it's a stress test on every single component ( no. Minecraft it's not a stress test ).

Online you can find tools that will let you test out pc part like RAM, GPU, CPU, HDD etc....

If had to blindly pick up a HW culprit then my guess would go on the PSU .... it's generally the first thing that broke in a working PC. A bad PSU generally cause shutdown but can cause both BSOD and BS if components don't receive enough power.

Edited by Armagheton