Sign in to follow this  
dookihazard123

Complete newbie wondering what classes not to play

Hello, I am a complete newb to this game but wanted to try it out. I play everquest and other old school mmo's so I wanted to give this private server a shot since I heard that it is the better than live right now. I have never played Lineage 2 in my life, but me and 3 other friends wanted play it. I was wondering what classes we should not play at all. Were not huge tier whores, but we do not want to waste our time on a class that is completely useless/unviable, aka the enchanter in Everquest. And we'd appreciate any recommendations to some classes we should try out.

As general trumb up rule:

Avoid all dagger users, all the elfs ( except Elven Elder and Sword singer ) and the human prophet.

If you are 4 ppl and plan to rise togheter then a decent PT would be:

Tank: Dark Avenger//Paladin

Enhanter_DD: Blade Dancer

Enchanter_DD: Sword Singer

Buffer/Healer: Elven Elder.

Why these picks?.

The game it's overfilled with DD but those 4 champ are at the base of any late game CP. You won't have problem finding DD and a WC ( orc buffer, the best buffer of the game ) for your party but finding a tank or a SWS may be harder. All are highly requested individual class.

Edited by Armagheton
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 4:47 PM, dookihazard123 said:

Okay sounds good then, I appreciate the information. I am pretty sure one of my buddies would have went a dagger class had you not given your advice lol. 

It's not like there are not viable, it's just that they feels lackluster atm compared to other MMO. Their dmg it's too random and while they are decent into 1v1 when it comes to open field PVP and PVE they fall off too hard compared to more solid picks.

Edited by Armagheton