Sign in to follow this  
Run

Death Penalty, and couple other things

I've stumbled upon this topic:
https://4gameforum.com/threads/530192/

Especially this is interesting to me:

The following topics have already received a positive response from the developers and have been or soon will be implemented:

1. Death penalty change. It was a relief for players to have EXP death penalty changed from 10% to 4%. There are still some players who disapprove this change but most of the players like it. They still have something to lose upon death but it no longer makes people feel frustrated and leave the game.
  2. Blessing of protection buff. This content is still being argued about. Players believe that it should exist but in current state it does not help players who need it the most. Players insist that till level 20 you don’t lose as much from being harassed by chaotic characters and those characters are not as interested in low level players as in the higher level ones. In the next update (Age of Splendor) level cap for getting the buff will be increased up to level 40 (available for players who have not transferred to 2nd class).
  3. Droprate increase. This was a very positive change that motivated a lot of players to return to the game, revived the economy and encouraged players.
  4. PK scrolls modification. In the next updates this feature will be updated: to use PK scroll you will need to clean your karma first. In Classic version players generally take more risk during the game and have more intense interaction with other players, so this change will make PK players think twice before starting to act aggressively towards other players.

So how would staff of this server see it?
If officlal Classic developpers give "positive response" on above topics (where EXP lost on death is quite interesting one, and requested by many players on this forum) wouldn't it convince you to consider changing it on our server since it seems on official it "have been or soon will be implemented" ?

I've stumbled upon interessing topic:

https://4gameforum.com/threads/530192/

Especially this is interesting to me:

The following topics have already received a positive response from the developers and have been or soon will be implemented:

1. Death penalty change. It was a relief for players to have EXP death penalty changed from 10% to 4%. There are still some players who disapprove this change but most of the players like it. They still have something to lose upon death but it no longer makes people feel frustrated and leave the game.
  2. Blessing of protection buff. This content is still being argued about. Players believe that it should exist but in current state it does not help players who need it the most. Players insist that till level 20 you don’t lose as much from being harassed by chaotic characters and those characters are not as interested in low level players as in the higher level ones. In the next update (Age of Splendor) level cap for getting the buff will be increased up to level 40 (available for players who have not transferred to 2nd class).
  3. Droprate increase. This was a very positive change that motivated a lot of players to return to the game, revived the economy and encouraged players.
  4. PK scrolls modification. In the next updates this feature will be updated: to use PK scroll you will need to clean your karma first. In Classic version players generally take more risk during the game and have more intense interaction with other players, so this change will make PK players think twice before starting to act aggressively towards other players.

So how would staff of this server see it?
If officlal Classic developpers give "positive response" on above topics (where EXP lost on death is quite interesting one, and requested by many players on this forum) wouldn't it convince you to consider changing it on our server since it seems on official it "have been or soon will be implemented" ?

​I like the way it is now, I'd change the lost EXP on death tho.

There's no way to keep the whole community happy tbh. People leave and come, that happens with every single game/server.

But yeah, if most of the community agree with such changes they could implement them here too.

I'd appreciate any feedback from server staff. Especially on death penalty - since original game devs already plan to change it in future classic chronicles (who knows perhaps it will be changed on EU launch??) will also our team consider changing it? Perhaps even before our servers update to another chronicle that original game devs plan to implement it on?

My point is - I see no reason to wait for a chronicle update when such major changes are made/announced on official servers due to being highly requested by player community.

as you can imagine we also follow the same game forums you guys do and we took notice on that one in particular also and a couple more from very experienced and known players, all the suggestions we think it might be something positive to the project are taken into consideration and this ones + a couple more are not different.

if they will be added or not and if yes in short or longer time, i cannot say becus it involves a lot of discussion between all the project team and we need to take in consideration all the possible outcomes of implementing changes like this ones, and some other more who were pointed out in some posts both in this forum as well as in official forums.

• Like 1

about drop rate and death penalty, this sv doesnt need to change about these 2 functions, why? coz its only 1 month old, x3 exp is already way way more easier for ppl, if 9ppl pt is fixed, we all can say that this sv has a very big potential to grown up more and stay alive in 1 year+

• Like 1