Sign in to follow this  
haoleflip

Multi/Dualbox question

I bought PA and I am trying to play on two clients at once on a single computer with two monitors. Is there a easier way to control both characters than having to constantly switch between windowed screens? Is there a way to make both screens full screen and control both characters with just one button touch? BTW I am not asking for bot, I will be at my computer 100% of the time

Nope, Otherwise it would be called botting.

Easyest way is run the 2 clients in Window mode and drag them to the top of the screen so they go fullscreen windowed

And apart fom the small delay of "activating" the window its the fastest u can do :)

I use http://synergy-project.org/ to control second char on my old laptop. You just slide to the other screen and work there, then slide back and so forth. It's even better than dual box because the clients don't have to split resources. But you need two computers, obviously.

I use http://synergy-project.org/ to control second char on my old laptop. You just slide to the other screen and work there, then slide back and so forth. It's even better than dual box because the clients don't have to split resources. But you need two computers, obviously.

​i think thats called 3th party software and forbidden

​Well you might be able to call that 3rd party, but I don't think it breaks any rule, since the key part which is  "that automates gameplay" isn't what's happening.  He's just finding a quicker way to switch between screens.  He still has to control everything himself when he gets to the next screen.  Sounds more like an alternative to Alt+ tab.  Correct me if I am wrong.

​since that software doesn't control anything inside lineage 2 client, is not a 3th party software.

is windows a 3th party software?, or internet explorer, no, then that program neither 

well maybe im wrong, since the shared mouse is ok, but the keyboard maybe not, since 1 press is like to press 2 times 1 on each computer. but i dont think its automated since you have to press it manual and nothing is automated.

Nop u cant do 2 button presses in the 2 screens at the same time.

Sharemouse beta is much better then Synergy btw :)

i dislike Synergy, loss of connection, weird mouse behavoir ~~

​Technically that would be correct, but i can still only control one computer at a time, the other does nothing in the mean time.

It's basically a software alternative to hardware switch ... with much more elegant switching. The downside is it lags sometimes (e.g. when one of the computers is loading).