OK so, throughout my history with this game, spanning years, many things have changed. But there is one constant, and this is my belief that the average gladiator player is either 13yo or with limited social intelligence . I ve come to this realization through careful observation of the most "famous" of this class in each servers. So I decided to look for the reasons behind it. I ve come to think that there are two of them, both appealing to the aforementioned categories. 1)Cool name 2)dual swords. Adding to that the fact that in this patch glads are so strong at 1v1 this phenomenon skyrocketed. I need your thoughts about my observations. Gladies sharing ur reasoning would be much appreciated. 

PS this doesnt mean all gladiators apply to this pattern ofc.

• Like 2

average gladiator player is either 13yo or with limited social intelligence 

​this.

Glad is just a champ for noobs with op skills thats imballanced comparing to other classes.
He has everything, stun, range, aoe, skill dodge, debuff dodge, debuff skills.
Alot of hp, alot of cp, alot of armor.
All u have to do is trigger all skills and do combo of f1,f2,f3 - if enemy not dead - repeat w.o being afraid u lost too much from ur 3k cp.

Woah i alrdy see pr0 butthurts in this tread saying 'hurr durr, every class is f1, f2, f3', ' hurr durr, mage is only f1' well mage compared to glad is atleast abit challenging bcoz u re paper and u need to know when u can enter fight when not, glad just rush all the way.

U r missing the point. Its not how imba they are (we all know they are). Its that as long as i can remember, even when i used to kite a gladi to death with my sr 10lvls lower at c3, people made gladies, and most of them were dumb or kids. I m trying to uncover the magic behind this class.

You talk talk talk about glads. If glad didnt have the range stun mages could rape them. The thing with +12 wit doesn't give you time to pvp. Glad is harder to play than mage, glad has combos, you need to focus focus focus use that then use other then use smth else. Mages all they do is death spike death spike death spike fear death spike death spike. And you talking about easy char for noobs. Everyone can kill everyone 1v1 but you're noobs. All mages playing +8 wit +12 wit, 0 con. Same to archers -8con etc. If you wanna kill WARRIORS use some con. Tyrants are even better than glad, noone is talking about that. Do you know what ogre totem of tyrant gives? +20% m.def p.def crit dmg. But noone plays tyrant, me either he ain't that cool as glad. I didnt picked glad here cause of the range stun. It's stupid to just start a char cause of the range stun. Also dont compare glads with +10 duals vs mages with +0 tunics or archers with +0 lights.

• Thanks 1

Yeah..my words man :D

Well...I played L2 for very fist time 10 years ago...So I was like 15 years old kid...I didnt do any research of classes like who is OP or who is not...So i made a dwarf...After couple of weeks i realized he just spoils stuff from mobs and only skill he actually has is stun...So I was like OKAY Im gonna make a second char for killing ppl ..who am i gonna be?...Welll...Gladiator sounds cool...he has duals..heavy armor looks badass. So....I went to play gladi for a while even though it was C1 back in the days and glad could rly do sh1t  in pvp:D

So I was gladi for the only one reason---I was cool GLADI!!!

So yeah this phenomenon is real and it remains. I bet if I do a research in measuring social inteligence of players across all L2 servers since C1...Gladiator players would end up on the last postion for sure...thenn I quess it would be Tyrant...cuz he is kind of similar...but u know.. he wears light..which doesnt rly fit to huge orc.

• Like 1

You talk talk talk about glads. If glad didnt have the range stun mages could rape them. The thing with +12 wit doesn't give you time to pvp. Glad is harder to play than mage, glad has combos, you need to focus focus focus use that then use other then use smth else. Mages all they do is death spike death spike death spike fear death spike death spike. And you talking about easy char for noobs. Everyone can kill everyone 1v1 but you're noobs. All mages playing +8 wit +12 wit, 0 con. Same to archers -8con etc. If you wanna kill WARRIORS use some con. Tyrants are even better than glad, noone is talking about that. Do you know what ogre totem of tyrant gives? +20% m.def p.def crit dmg. But noone plays tyrant, me either he ain't that cool as glad. I didnt picked glad here cause of the range stun. It's stupid to just start a char cause of the range stun. Also dont compare glads with +10 duals vs mages with +0 tunics or archers with +0 lights.

​My point exactly. U think tyrant is better but chose gladdi cause looks. And btw i dont consider you one of the glads of the server that fit the description. Imagine the others. :D

I remember when B grade came out some Glad with OE SLS duals hit me for 2600 -> 3100, I've never been hit that hard in the span of 2 seconds by any other class.

I remember when B grade came out some Glad with OE SLS duals hit me for 2600 -> 3100, I've never been hit that hard in the span of 2 seconds by any other class.

​Gimme dances,acu, emp, zerg,WM i can hit u in 1 sec for more than 3000 as SPS if i get lucky on magic crit :D

You talk talk talk about glads. If glad didnt have the range stun mages could rape them. ​

and tyrants can be raped? bcoz they dont have range stun and got to deal with it 

​Gimme dances,acu, emp, zerg,WM i can hit u in 1 sec for more than 3000 as SPS if i get lucky on magic crit :D

​Yea but you can't stun me while doing it :P