MoRt3rO

Moon Knight Quest!

Hi admins, maybe it's time to add Moon Knight Quest? This quest gives D grade armor for newbie players, as we can see, everyday new players coming here and starts playing, so why shouldn't add this quest, for newbies to catch high lvl players faster and a little bit eazer? :)

No, It would destroy D grade armour economy and trust me, I was playing in the official server and it was sad to see everybody with the same armour, brigandine helmet at 200k, no mithril robe sets, etc. Please, no. This is meant to be classic, so your point of making it "easier" is the opposite of what the server wants to be and is.

• Like 4

No, It would destroy D grade armour economy and trust me, I was playing in the official server and it was sad to see everybody with the same armour, brigandine helmet at 200k, no mithril robe sets, etc. Please, no. This is meant to be classic, so your point of making it "easier" is the opposite of what the server wants to be and is.

​I don't know which classic you mean, but on Skelth the mithril robe a.k.a banana set was top and something to aim for even with the moon sets.

You could say that it's easy enough here etc. , but it's not the server start anymore. Now most of low lvl people are alts, rerolls or friends of someone, so the real new players without any higher level friends are left out. For raids everybody is asking for bow, for tanks - brigandine, for mages - top D staffs. How a new player is supposed to buy all that? The armor would save some money at least to get better weapons or so needed bow. 

​I don't know which classic you mean, but on Skelth the mithril robe a.k.a banana set was top and something to aim for even with the moon sets.

You could say that it's easy enough here etc. , but it's not the server start anymore. Now most of low lvl people are alts, rerolls or friends of someone, so the real new players without any higher level friends are left out. For raids everybody is asking for bow, for tanks - brigandine, for mages - top D staffs. How a new player is supposed to buy all that? The armor would save some money at least to get better weapons or so needed bow. 

​I played Skelth and 90%+ of the population was wearing that moon set. Why bothering buying a banana set? For +1 wit and some more mana? It wasn't worth, you could save that money for C grade, which was what me and my clan did. Only a few lucky people could afford a banana or brigandine set. But that's how Lineage 2 used to work. 

I'll tell you something. I got a friend which started to play like a week ago or something. He got 2 characters with top D. How? He created a dwarf and farmed all the good spots. And he even has some money for C grade.

Now, I kinda agree with you, that almost all the "new players" here are alts with top D grade, but that's how Lineage 2 has always worked (well, a MMORPG has always worked like that). If there's not that much influx of new players, all low lvls that you see are alts or friends of someone.

I really think that having top NG weapon + moon set armour would be a bad idea.

• Like 1

​I played Skelth and 90%+ of the population was wearing that moon set. Why bothering buying a banana set? For +1 wit and some more mana? It wasn't worth, you could save that money for C grade, which was what me and my clan did. Only a few lucky people could afford a banana or brigandine set. But that's how Lineage 2 used to work. 

I'll tell you something. I got a friend which started to play like a week ago or something. He got 2 characters with top D. How? He created a dwarf and farmed all the good spots. And he even has some money for C grade.

Now, I kinda agree with you, that almost all the "new players" here are alts with top D grade, but that's how Lineage 2 has always worked (well, a MMORPG has always worked like that). If there's not that much influx of new players, all low lvls that you see are alts or friends of someone.

I really think that having top NG weapon + moon set armour would be a bad idea.

I dunno in what clan you played there, but the banana set's speed bonus  was what ppl were looking for. I played since day one in somewhat competetive parties and  saw even tanks in those sets, because they could train more easily with them. 

​Obviously there are ways to get money and gear here (look at the auction house). But why would a person be forced to make alts or spend real life money to be accepted in any "random" party. I have been playing L2 for 8 years and I have never seen such "elitist" attitude on low levels as it is here. Parties on lvl 40 RB asking for Akat and Emi bows? 

Yes, you get top D weapon, but that's about it. You get to lvl 20 in an hour and you are done. You can;t get a party, so you are forced to log out and make a new char. I'm lucky to have a lot of people helping me and my bf with gear, xp and adena, but if i would not have those people , i would be very underwhelmed. I'm not saying that we should get such a boost as on Skelth - xp scrolls, top weapons up untill B gr, ofensive buff scrolls etc, but come on - moon set quest is a par of this  chronicle and is supposed to exist.

​what market? brigandine helmet for 800k that no1 cane afford to buy at start? or auction where 99% is sold?

if newbie is supose to spend so much just for armor he/she will buy weapon instead.

d grade armor market does not exist outside of auction.

that's opinion of newbie player lvl ~30. i'm not even dreaming about brigandine, i had to spend all adena for weapon.

• Like 1

All the people who said NO to moon quest are already far past D grade and they just dont want to see everyone in the same D grade armor. No more than that. Ask any new player if he would like that quest implemented, obviously they would because it will help them catch up. 

All the people who said NO to moon quest are already far past D grade and they just dont want to see everyone in the same D grade armor. No more than that. Ask any new player if he would like that quest implemented, obviously they would because it will help them catch up. 

Moon Knight Armor  will kill the market of the D grade.

except that there's no actual D grade market for armors, because most people would rather cristallize what they get and sell the crystals for C grade equipment, or shots.

right now the only people buying Brigandine helmets or Elven Mithril gloves are high levels that want top D sets for their alts, and i can guarantee you that new people will rather prefer to spend money for an entire mid-tier D grade set in order to be able to level up decently, instead of wasting all their money for a single D grade armor piece of a set that will be obsolete after hitting 40.

consider also that not everyone is willing to waste time leveling up a spoiler for money, wich is also why most casuals are giving up after hitting 20.

the moon set was added in KR to help new players to catch up, but apparently the elitists here are afraid of people that could eventually bring new competition.

• Like 1

Moon Knight Armor  will kill the market of the D grade.

​You need something to attract new players. Server is quite old already so imo the way to go is to make leveling 1-40 easier. The game slowly starts to shape after you are 40+ before its just a pain. TBH pre-40 there is not much to enjoy. Pre 35 you barely can find a party as a nuker, any other class requires a bow to raid. And if you raid you hope that someone brings high level buffer for a raid and people have C grade bows so you can do it below 20min. You care so much about D grade market that beside top weapons and brig helmet/mithril gloves does not exist. People want to hit 40+ to enjoy clan parties and catch up more levels to factors and perhaps join sieges and wars. Nobody wants to lag behind.

Do you know the feeling when you are level 30 you join raid party as a human knight with ng armor and top NG bow while 7 other members have top weapons / top +4,5,6,7 bows? Its "maybe I should start on some fresh server". 7 out of 9 lowbies are geared twinks.What actualy is not bad because it means there are new players around.

Make server new-player friendly advertise it as such and the word will spread around that it is worth starting on because it is possible to catch up.

• Like 2