Sign in to follow this  
Narmontas

Dynamic Quests on Classic TI x3

What do you think about dynamic quests?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about dynamic quests?

• Yep it is a must for this server , because current Quest reward is ridiculously lame.
    • Quest reward is good as it is I enjoy it and it must not be changed
    • Some changes might be useful but only for some quests and by a little only

Hello everybody. I'm making this post because I think this suggestion would be right in many aspects.  As do we know what is official Korean is not something what would be perfect L2 gaming experience. There are some bugs , some decisions what make that server unique. Russian Official make their own decisions and remove or add content  what makes server different from Korean Counterpart. Same thing goes with European Official server 4game : They make their own choices what even differs from other servers. While they are called officials : all are different , all unique , and all of them having some bugs , broken geodata and stuff...  For example Broken things after GoD in classic like skill evasion , magic evasion broken , some formulas not implemented into a game.  Same thing is with the quests. Some of the quests are not even changed from Chronicle 1 while people cried about each of adena lost and grinded for weeks to get level 20+ .  The chronicles changed , the game became easy and some of the quests  have lost their purpose. Koreans started to  forge new content : New areas , armors , skills , bosses , but  only a small fracture looked into  fixing broken things ,  bring balance into a game , rework with some quests make gaming experience like a big adventure. 

Sadly quest reward is a joke. And Rates x1 -x2 - x3  For XP , SP , Adena , Drop , Spoil means a lot. For quests it makes almost no difference at all. 
While on c2 c3 c4 people did "Song of Hunter" quest to buy shots and make some profit especially by getting B or Even A grade contracts. Now this quest is non existent.

My suggestion is simple : rework with some quests and make each of their rewards dynamic. By dynamic I mean  Make quest Reward = This server average. 
 This would make some quests reward from 2x to 15x ! .  But they could be worth doing. I'm not some idiot and already made calculations. Could write down even some formulaes for different level quests different quest items to match their level in reality. 

For example If I do quest "Hunt of Lizardmen"  I must get 500 quest items.  = More than 500 lizardmen = 10k ADENA ! WTF?  I kill 6-7 Overlords and I got 10k Adena. 50 animal bones or 50 Animal skins?  This would make 5 CBP ! Or even 8 LEATHER ! OMG IT IS SO WORTH...

And what if it would give : "50k Adena? ; 250 Animal bones  ; 250 Animal skins?    Then I could say : "Well it gives a little , quest is really worth doing" .  Im not talking of stupid rewards like 200k for q and etc. But at least reward is decent and not completely funny.

Another quest : "Family Honor" You can take it from Galibredo in Oren. Level ~40 . You need to hunt orc troop captain with their gangs and collect q items. I collected Rome's Bust (q item) and got 40 Adena.  (Monsters drop 800-1500 adena... )  If quest Item would give  400 or at least 300 adena. If I would be insane and would hunt like 1000 q items = Would take tons of hours at least I would get 300k not  40k Adena.   40k Adena is not very little (you can buy some stuff , but when you farm around 2kk adena... and lots of hours... this is stupid reward really) 

The main thing is that Adena drop + time spent and level should play a role by getting reward from a quests : When you could talk with people , exchange information about collected quest items , other people might go to other zones because they would get some compensation from a quest.   I'm not talking about : "Good sense for business" quest where you kill monster and get 300 adena , and quest item gives you 2 adena... 

• Like 3

Damn nobody comments here :D

​Basically nothing to add to 'quest reward is lame, needs to be increased' :)

I vote to increase both quest drop to 2x (its much much much more fun to do when you drop 2 items instead of 1 9_9) and increase quest reward eventually for each quest where necessary. :)

But YES, PLEASE MAKE QUESTS WORTH DOING ;) It doesn't have to be anything drastic but often it's not even worth taking a long path to NPC because the rewards are so lame :S

nobody have time to read this bolshit, ppl plays,exping. andd thinks upper there,are not important

​Not nobody especially new players. Do you think that all people see this game : Grind , grind , grind , get adena and go clan wars to dominate? 
Other people playing just 1-4 hours a day , chatting via SKype or Ventrillo alike , or make their own party of friends , farm in some places sometimes inviting few other random guys to take some RB. But making quests worthwhile is something that would be a good decision. Even if guy plays alone with Let's say temple knight soloing  Leto lizardmen  2 days and getting 50 a skins as a reward for 500q items or 10k adena... At least q reward should cover Soul shots expenses since in this version all rates much higher and everything is easier than it was before having the same q reward unchanged is more than stupid. 

if you cannot play  more time then acceptabble for be owned with 4 hours a day , time to go to x100 .  not point to make request for change this server........

Erm  what's your goal of playing l2 ? :) To be King of the mountain? Why should someone playing 4 hrs a day go to x100 servers?  I can't catch your logic. 
 The main thing is to have quests worth doing Because there are quests but they mean nothing.  Why even bother by  making 2x 3x reward then? REMOVE ALL QUESTS FROM ALL NPCS. No posts will be here written about their reward. ATM Its like this... you kill monster u get 400 adena. + q item. You take q item you get 2 adena.   Ofc IT MUST BE CLASSIC LIKE. 

Increase reward for some adena quests would help new players too, talking about new coomers, this is something to think about.

Lineage was not only grind grind enchant enchant pvp pvp pvp ..Lineage used to be a game between friends. 

there are few quests, and rewards are bad. Maybe classic.club can do the diference with this too.

if you cannot play  more time then acceptabble for be owned with 4 hours a day , time to go to x100 .  not point to make request for change this server........

​It doesn't really matter how long you play, the quest rewards are generally bad and not worth doing :S

​It doesn't really matter how long you play, the quest rewards are generally bad and not worth doing :S

​so just do not do it, and dont cry

​But why couldn't they be just a bit more rewarding? :) Making the rewards interesting wouldn't hurt anyone, but helps making the game more fun :)

​But why couldn't they be just a bit more rewarding? :) Making the rewards interesting wouldn't hurt anyone, but helps making the game more fun :)

​yes, but you ppl jus wonna to get some op from event, its jsut little more fun. not some epic festival :D

​So you wanna say that quest rewards are OK...  And by saying : "just do not do it" you are rejecting any ideas of quests Of course if you never did any of the quest and for you l2 is just grinding with CP and CW ... Well of course anyone is looking from their own perspective ;)  . I wouldn't say anything If monster would drop 5-7 adena and from specific q items u might collect like 2-3 adena each. But since Adena rate is very high having such a feeble rewards is more than crazy :)  I'd say 1/5 to 1/7  Monster adena drop = quest item value :)  Than of course nobody would say anything... People are grinding AOE  Medusas , harpies , wyrms  in Gorgon flower garden. If they drop 800 adena and q  item value would be 100 adena Then the quest is really worth doing. Farm like 1000 q items and you get 100k+- reward not something like 6k Which you can get by killing  8-10 monsters. That's the point :)

• Like 1