Sign in to follow this  
rukpook

HE, TH, Paladin choice problem

Hello everyone!

At the begining - sorry for my english!

I'm new to the server and nice to meet you all.

I usually don't ask for help, but I have problem with decision with who to play as always.

I want to add that I'm veteran PvP player (I play L2 for more than 10 years) and PvP is most important part of this game for me and I prefer to search and fight with enemy, rather than exp. 

I know these classes very well but maybe somehow you will help me to move from this dead point.

Usually, I go for PvP alone, with CH buff (sometimes with BD dance, depends on how hard PvP situation is), very often alone vs party. I know how good HE and TH are here, even till Hellbound chronicle. 

I'm going to show what is going on below:

HE - I play him mostly, I can even say that I'm walking (runing) miracle. I'm sure of his PvP abilities, but here on classic Counter Dash can never exist which gives big advantage vs party (hit and run). Also it will be anoying to waiting for crit without Focus SA (we can have SA Focus in bow since S grade) and without SWS buff. Using skills on hit and run method can be deadly vs party, you know, so regular hits would be recomended. In fact, he just need regular attack and maybe stun to shine at pvp, he don't need high lvl which is that what i want. 

TH - this is my love. He is very efective killer, I have played him a lot. I have read that he won't have Bluff, but I don't think it is big lose for him. I would like to play him, but I see there a big problem - without Focus Power he isn't too effective at PvP, but to get Focus Power, I need 78 lvl, and TH is hard to exp and I don't like exp too much. I don't say that TH is weak without 78, but without Focus Powet it isn't real pvp (60% more dmg from blows makes difference) There is a question, how long it will take to reach 78 lvl with TH 2-3h daily or sometimes more? Also Hide at low lvl is big big big + for him.

Paladin - I have played him a little, I know he is very powerfull with Angelic Icon and Touch of Life. But the same, It is recommended to have max skill AI (at 74lvl) and I need 78 lvl for ToL. Would be good to have second UD (77lvl) and party UD (79lvl). As I know, people need tanks for AoE, so maybe it would be easiest to farm high lvl. He isn't so good at ganking and mass pvp as a killer which I like, but he can easly own whole party with this all high lvl stuff. Also big + for oly in the future, but before high lvl, I feel he won't do too much at pvp.

At the end, I don't ask who is better at pvp, but I ask you for suggestion who would be better choice for me at all and why. Maybe it will help me finally start to play.

And please, maybe don't start with: "yes, your english is terrible" :D

HE - I play him mostly, I can even say that I'm walking (runing) miracle. I'm sure of his PvP abilities, but here on classic Counter Dash can never exist which gives big advantage vs party (hit and run). Also it will be anoying to waiting for crit without Focus SA (we can have SA Focus in bow since S grade) and without SWS buff. Using skills on hit and run method can be deadly vs party, you know, so regular hits would be recomended. In fact, he just need regular attack and maybe stun to shine at pvp, he don't need high lvl which is that what i want. 

TH - this is my love. He is very efective killer, I have played him a lot. I have read that he won't have Bluff, but I don't think it is big lose for him. I would like to play him, but I see there a big problem - without Focus Power he isn't too effective at PvP, but to get Focus Power, I need 78 lvl, and TH is hard to exp and I don't like exp too much. I don't say that TH is weak without 78, but without Focus Powet it isn't real pvp (60% more dmg from blows makes difference) There is a question, how long it will take to reach 78 lvl with TH 2-3h daily or sometimes more? Also Hide at low lvl is big big big + for him.

Paladin - I have played him a little, I know he is very powerfull with Angelic Icon and Touch of Life. But the same, It is recommended to have max skill AI (at 74lvl) and I need 78 lvl for ToL. Would be good to have second UD (77lvl) and party UD (79lvl). As I know, people need tanks for AoE, so maybe it would be easiest to farm high lvl. He isn't so good at ganking and mass pvp as a killer which I like, but he can easly own whole party with this all high lvl stuff. Also big + for oly in the future, but before high lvl, I feel he won't do too much at pvp.

At the end, I don't ask who is better at pvp, but I ask you for suggestion who would be better choice for me at all and why. Maybe it will help me finally start to play.

And please, maybe don't start with: "yes, your english is terrible" :D

​HE - u will probably be able to gang smaller groups (not full pts) because of stun, how it works here, also to remind u that u cannot get proper buffs from CH, ONLY from castle, so u gotta join some bigger side to do the gangs, not some small clan

TH - probably will be most of the fun (if u like olympiad its also big +, coz maybe he is not the best class for oly, but one of the most funny ones to play), also dream about 76+ skills, with 2-3 efficient farm everyday u will reach 76 in 1 year? maybe not even that, but i dont think u need focus power to frag (dont forget it was adding 60% to base dmg w/o any buffs, and unless it is changed on classic, when u had pp buffs+dances it was much less than 60%)

paladin - dont even try to start that, unless u really want to be hero, coz that class is simply trash, and i doubt AI will change it (again, dont forget getting 70+ is not even close to be easy)

conclusion: best option for you would be HE most probably, for TH pve would be total cancer for you, while paladin is total sh1t in pvp, while hawk is decent in both of those activities

Thank you for your reply. I just forgot about 60% is from base stats so it isn't that big difference. Also I was thinking about AW because Focus Death is better, but without shadow step (update 2.0) AW will have too hard life.

I think buff isn't problem for me, because I can always make any box buffer.

I would play aw but its only its my main class since i play l2 :D. I think th is much better than aw. It has stelth, fake death, lure so u can be usefull for ur pt and leech exp. Also trick+ switch + dash is MUUUCH better than AW skils. AW cant catch any1 cos no blinding blow at all, Shadow step on 2.0 but 1+ min reuse so u use it once and enemy still run from u and u cant do sh1t. Focus death is awesome but gl with lvling aw to 78. Its hard to exp on dagger and not fun to play if u dont play in meele cp, In good cp i would recomend u that th/aw choice, could be fun

I have watched a lot of PvP movies from classic and finally I decided that i have to play dps, so for sure human rogue, but what next? Don't know yet :D 

HE - I play him mostly, I can even say that I'm walking (runing) miracle.

​I think you already know what you want but don't realize it yet.

go paladin just becuz everyone says its bad xD thats what i would do xD

​so u would pretty much prove everybodys words, good sano :D 

go paladin just becuz everyone says its bad xD thats what i would do xD

I have the same feelings O.o but I'm not masochist. I just realised that my play style is "to kill as many players as I can in 1 second" and I can't resist it :(