First and foremost I would like to send out a message of appreciation towards those among us who are not native English speakers but who try to speak it to the best of their abilities. This is not always easy nor comprehensible, but the effort is much appreciated.

Second I would like to point out that this is an international community. While you're all entitled to speak your own native language you have to understand that for most of you comprehension of said language does not stretch far beyond the boundaries of your home nation.

Throughout the past few years I have seen a steady movement towards the use of English. In my country, about 10 years ago, shops would herald the start of the new school year with banners that said "Terug naar school!" which is Dutch for "Back to school!". The last few years, however, it's been gradually replaced by banners using its English equivalent "Back to school!". While I enjoy the prevalence of English I am saddened by the decline of my native language but I do understand the convenience of English in our modernday society.

In an international community such as this forum, however, it's best advised to speak a language most people can understand. In most situations that language is English. English is the most spoken non-native language in the world. In Europe it's the second most spoken native language at 13% and the most spoken non-native language as well with 38% amongst European countries as opposed to Russian with respectively 1% and 5%.

I, and many others, would appreciate the language of discourse to be English. If you do want to use your native language, use the language forums which have been created for exactly that. Remember, this is an International community, and English is the most international language we have.

Kind Regards

Khalkaroth

• Like 1

I have a feeling, that u used some an advanced words in english on purpouse to make more difficult for non-natives to understand u, which u are dedicate this post to, or just to show ur superiority as english speaker. Besides that I agree with you

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm not a native English speaker either but it a lot of sense to speak the language that most people understand in an international server. What you speak in your spare time doesn't matter at all to me but for instance on a forum where we discuss problems/ideas that should be relevant to most, SPEAK ENGLISH.

While this post is writen in a much nicer tone, than the other one, i would still push it a little further:

"Please, people, if you can speak english, try to do so, when in an international enviroment, like forum or shout. Others will be much more likely to understand you."

And leave it at that. ;)

Perfect post. Well said.

I agree @Sett that every post here should be nice and respectful towards other players but it is a 2 way traffic. A lot of people asked nicely about it and they got a lot of rude and sarcastic comments. 

Development suggestion - reroute all chat messages through google translate :P 

​It's good u,u , usable for ppl have difficult to speack english

Development suggestion - reroute all chat messages through google translate :P 

​It's good u,u , usable for ppl have difficult to speack english

And then even 2 ppl from same country wouldnt understand themselves xD

Dear forum users,
I love when people mix different languages in once sentence :)

Btw what is the point of the topic? 

Kind Regards, many thanks, and so on

GoddessOfDeath
Manager hygine at "Peeing goat on a rock" LTD

The corner left from the printer, office 4, floor 3, Allhu akbar street 32,

London, Earth, Solar system, Milky way galaxy,Virgo supercluster, Universe
Phone: +856 3453 324 001

Dear forum users,

GoddessOfDeath

I tried calling you twice but you weren't picking it up. What's up with that? We live in the same Universe for Gorg's shake. YOU told me when i m anywhere near the Milky Way to hit you up. >:(

After those glurks we had at Gibrish's place i thought you and I had chemistry. I mean you had 2 eyes and i had 2 balls. So much in common...

I don't want to sound desperate but...CALL ME!!

I m so posting this on Craigslist!

• Like 2

I am from the Philippines but I was raised in an English-speaking family. So English was my first language. However, whether I liked it or not, it was inevitable that I learned the local dialect. And learned our national language in school. I am fluent in all 3. And although the use of English in the local scene has increased, I don't think our local dialect has declined. I am actually glad that my friends improved their English skills. They enrolled in http://preply.com/en/skype/english-native-speakers to talk to native speakers online, to practice their English. But I did not notice a decline in their Bicolano (our dialect) or Tagalog (national language). They just gained more knowledge of another language. And that, I think, is a good thing.

• Like 1

I have a feeling, that u used some an advanced words in english on purpouse to make more difficult for non-natives to understand u, which u are dedicate this post to, or just to show ur superiority as english speaker. Besides that I agree with you

​I do try to put some variety in my vocabulary. It is by no means an attempt to try and look more knowledgable or superior. I just find that my sentences start to look very forced and uncomfortable if I use the same words too often so I try to change it up. Thank you for agreeing.

loool may make esperento official server language ? Or create an new language just for us for all be happy :D ?

​I suppose that was what Esperanto was created for, I for one am very sad that it didn't gain more traction than it did. But such is the way of life, I suppose.

Dear forum users,

GoddessOfDeath

​The point was to convince most non-English users who are able to speak English to actually do so. I was trying to point out how English has become more prevalent in Europe throught the past few decades and how it was the most universally comprehended language among Europeans as an attempt to encourage its use.

wrong

​Some elaboration would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Khalkaroth

• Like 1