Sign in to follow this  
Prometia

The Classic Party

Hi mates

We all have our favorite party composition and it's never the same for different purposes, like siege, raid, pve, pvp,... oae or single target... mage or fighter... Some of us have played L2 throughout multiple chronicles, but I was wondering what 9 player party you would choose for EVERY occasion in classic? Let's say level 50 because I think that's the average level in 6 months. This is my favorite classic team:

1 Bish
1 WC
1 BD
1 SWS
1 Pala
4 Archers

Now it's your turn!
~Prom

What do you need Pala for? If you want to AoE, SwS can pull/aggro mobs just fine. Also PP > WC in archer party imo. I would take SE/EE instead of Pala for Recharge and buffs.

• Like 1

I was wondering what 9 player party you would choose for EVERY occasion in classic?

​there's no such a thing as a party that works for every single situation, simply because PvE is PvE, and PvP is PvP. every single class has its own utility, some are better at PvP, some at PvE, others at making adena.

if i have to take PvE as an example, a party without a proper tank and a proper healer will get rekt by raid bosses anytime.

same thing applies to a PvP party without a proper healer and proper dpsers, they'll just get rekt by other groups if their class setup is wrong to begin with.

I was wondering what 9 player party you would choose for EVERY occasion in classic?

​there's no such a thing as a party that works for every single situation, simply because PvE is PvE, and PvP is PvP. every single class has its own utility, some are better at PvP, some at PvE, others at making adena.

you can't possibly have a party that works in both situations, simply because if i have to take PvE as an example, a party without a proper tank and a proper healer will get rekt by raid bosses anytime.

same thing applies to a PvP party without a proper healer and proper dpsers, they'll just get rekt by other groups if their class setup is wrong to begin with.

​You really think you will do a lot of RBs on Classic?

you can't possibly have a party that works in both situations, simply because if i have to take PvE as an example, a party without a proper tank and a proper healer will get rekt by raid bosses anytime.

​people playing in top clans will for sure.

i myself am not a fan of PvE, but i'll do RBs if i have the chance to get gear faster, instead of wasting my time gathering materials/crafting.

i myself am not a fan of PvE, but i'll do RBs if i have the chance to get gear faster, instead of wasting my time gathering materials/crafting.

​That's delusional. First of, you will need like 2-3 parties minimum because no one will have gear, buffs, pots, nothing. Secondly, with the ridiculous drop rate what are the chances something good drops. Thirdly what are the chances you will get anything.

Even people in top clans they don't waste time on normal RBs, only epics like Orfen, Core, AQ.

The thing I wanted to state was a party you can use in ANY situation. I do know, Fenrir, it's impossible to have a valid party for everything, but this is what I think is the most usable in any combat action.

I do know the pala is a bit weird, but it's the most useless and usefull tank in game. I know I don't make much sense, but I just like to have a hardass tanker in my team. When things go wrong, the pala will do the trick. Nonetheless, I like the suggestions to replace him with an EE. I don't think a SWS is tanky enough to take his place as a complete tanker in any situation.

For all the tanks out there, you are needed in every party!!

I think you design your party for being an efficient archer party, drop the pala and pick up the EE. Then, the other party can have tanks and better healing situation, and the two of your parties can band together for RB's if necessary. Let them take the paladin, shilien, bishop, sws, overlord, dancer, + 3 melee dd's.

​That's delusional. First of, you will need like 2-3 parties minimum because no one will have gear, buffs, pots, nothing. Secondly, with the ridiculous drop rate what are the chances something good drops. Thirdly what are the chances you will get anything.

Even people in top clans they don't waste time on normal RBs, only epics like Orfen, Core, AQ.

first of all, those who played L2 before already know how to make adena, so getting gear won't be a problem for them.

secondly, if people want to have competitive clans, they'll have to get skills too. and to get clan skills guess what you need: items from RBs.

the drop rate of items itself doesn't matter, since if people will keep farming RBs on daily basis, be it common or epics, they'll get what they need eventually in due time. but if it's all "delusional" for you, then simply don't bother about it.

I don't think a SWS is tanky enough to take his place as a complete tanker in any situation.

SWS were never meant to be tankers, they're supporters just like BDs.

However, since SWS will get a silence skill in classic, they might actually be a worse pain in the ass for healers and/or casters in general compared to what tanks can do, especially if you get rooted right after getting silenced.

• Like 1

​Not true at all. U can kill rbs under lvl 40 with 1 party..its just a matter of time. We did it allot in beta

Just against the high ones and world bosses u need more

There is, however one significant problem with raidbosses on low rates - they are not where you farm. And moving around is either expensive, or tedious. But yea, you will see  bosses like ghost guilotine or dragon lilly dead most of the time.

• Like 1

There is, however one significant problem with raidbosses on low rates - they are not where you farm. And moving around is either expensive, or tedious. But yea, you will see  bosses like ghost guilotine or dragon lilly dead most of the time.

actually i think Dion is probably the best area for RBs at low levels.

there's plenty of them at execution ground, cruma marshland and partisan, and there should be around 3-4 RBs per single area.

issues may rise later on with lv50+ bosses due to gear limitation, but for that people just need to make organized multiple groups.

I don't think a SWS is tanky enough to take his place as a complete tanker in any situation.

SWS were never meant to be tankers, they're supporters just like BDs.

True, but how many times a party starts with a BD or a SWS who has to tank but can't hold it? Resulting in DD's flaming the healer or shouting n00btank to the poor SWS/BD... I just want to point out that everyone likes to crit the highest or have the biggest damage contribution to a party, but the real beneficial players to a team are the support classes. Therefor I would always choose a tank so there can be no discussion who has to tank and the DD's can perform even better.

PS: I wan't to see some other team setups ;-) Make your 9 men party!!

Hmmm...I want to share with you one of the best party set ups :D Few yers ago, my friend newbie to l2...like he played it for week or two..said to me...Lets make Party of dagger and bluff Baium all the time, and while he is spinning we shall Backstab him. So i will go for 9x daggers :D

• Like 1

pve ?

spoiler

dagger

dagger

bd

random dd

random dd/tank/sws

pp

wc/se

ee ( or bish depends if you have a se or wc )

24/7 non stop farming @ every spot and unkillable pve wise.

This setup is great for both PVP and PVE with plenty of heals or mana to sustain, duing AOE can even use shots on mages for faster kills :)

• 1. SE
  • 2. Bish
  • 3. Sws
  • 4. BD
  • 5. EE
  • 6. Warlord
  • 7. Sorc
  • 8. Sorc
  • 9. Sorc (Can be changed to BH for more profit on PVE)
  • 10. Out of party PP for greater shield (58 ;) )
  • Like 2

Fenrir - lol 

ur party in pvp wil be meat because range stun wl wiil take only in 2.0 classic and that is why it will lose all range parties

Archer party: pp sws bd bp th sr he he ee

Mage party: pp/ol se ee bd sws bp necr ss sorc (in 2.0 1 sorc/ ss must be changed on wl)

Melee party: pp/wc sws bd bp wl th th tank bh/th

• Like 1

Mage party: SpS, SpS, PP, SE, EE, EE, EE, EE, EE ... guess not, Not enough mana to sustain two, gotta switch one for BD.

PP, EE/BI, BD, SwS, HE, HE, HE, HE, HE. ..and "balance" my ass...

Fenrir i like your set up, would you consider puting one PS in pt for hex/mass hex/heal/tank?

the problem is that phantom summonners, from my point of view, are better suited for PvE rather than PvP simply because Hex cubic helps mostly in fighters groups for farming, while warlocks can help in both situations due to the Queen's Blessing buff for fighters in PvE/vP, and the paralyze cubic is always a nice addition for PvP.

don't get me wrong thou, PS would be fine in PvP too, i just prefer paralyze cubic over stun cubic.

Fenrir - lol 

ur party in pvp wil be meat because range stun wl wiil take only in 2.0 classic and that is why it will lose all range parties

first of all, gladi has already stun on sonic blaster in 1.0, so go get some reliable infos before posting.

secondly, even if WL doesn't have the ranged stun in 1.0, he still has the other AoE stuns. add the Destroyer's stun, Dark Avenger's stun, and anything that gets in close range will end up getting stunlocked to death. in 2.0, WL will be on equal terms with Gladiators PvP-wise.

beside, with EE's Resist Shock and Lionheart, it's unlikely that 3 out of 9 people will ever get stunned in PvP, and even the other 6 still have some chance to resist stun.

BP/EE/WC can eventually sleep the enemy's healers/casters if needed. SWS can manage to block healers/casters alone by himself too, since he just has to get in range and use silence+arrest.

otherwise, SWS/BD/DA can just go and slow/root the enemy, while the other fighters in group will do the killing. with a setup like this one, you can't escape.

• Like 2