Sign in to follow this  
Sett

In defense of the host

A common phrase for developers is:

“The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time”

One feature change/addition can require several hundred hours or more of testing

Large AAA studios have QA teams that outnumber the dev team, usually by a large margin. Any time the code is changed you have 3 possible outcomes:

• The game is broken, everyone stop working and find out why
  • The game MAY be broken, upwards of a hundred people need to be mobilized to retest absolutely everything in the game
  • Just kidding, there’s only 2 options. Stop dreaming.

This an excerpt from a Reddit article i read today. Good stuff, recommended reading for all those "I'm done waiting, goodbye" hotheads.

PS: being on a constructive, technical job in power industry, i swear every word he sais about teams, projects, deadlines ... is true.

Why shouldn't someone agree with that. Problem is in other things, like misleading whole community and than for months don't give a fuck about the community?

They dont have community managers yet, You can't expect someone that is doing the coding, to be a full time community manager also. There aren't enough hours in the day to do it all.

Open signup application for community manager. There will be tons of people who's going to do that only for e-penis size.

Open signup application for community manager. There will be tons of people who's going to do that only for e-penis size.

​That is exactly the reason why they shouldn't do it.

You know, i'd probably apply too.

they're busy coding/fixing their server, they barely have the time to update the forum with news, and now they should even start checking every single application regarding the forum moderation? ahah, made my day.

• Like 1

they're busy coding/fixing their server, they barely have the time to update the forum with news, and now they should even start checking every single application regarding the forum moderation? ahah, made my day.

​Take one random who does that.

​Take one random who does that.

​The troll is strong with you.

This an excerpt from a Reddit article i read today. Good stuff, recommended reading for all those "I'm done waiting, goodbye" hotheads.

PS: being on a constructive, technical job in power industry, i swear every word he sais about teams, projects, deadlines ... is true.

​Telling us about when the server won't be in beta wouldn't hurt though. I'm not talking about the exact date, but what year, or at least at what quarter of the year, so I wouldn't need to check this forum so often.

​Telling us about when the server won't be in beta wouldn't hurt though. I'm not talking about the exact date, but what year, or at least at what quarter of the year, so I wouldn't need to check this forum so often.

we can only guess at this point.

​the 1st beta started on 22/5 and will end on 16/7. that's almost 2 months of testing, with x20 rates.

on the 17/7 we "reboot", and the 2nd beta will have x50 rates.

IF everything got fixed properly and the game works as intended, it may take just few weeks before going Live.

so probably we'll go Live this year if there's no further issues, either by the end of summer or autumn.