Sign in to follow this  
kay3

What about summoners?

This might have been discussed already and I could not find any post about it... But I've always wanted to try a summoner, so I decided to do one in this 2.0 beta.

Don't the servitors feel very weak compared to older chronicles like interlude? If there were pet soulshots .. Maybe the servitors would then be overpowered compared to a regular players and be able to solo anyone because of the low quality gear, etc... but it sure feels kind of meh without them..

I understand that you can use healing potion and your pet will benefit from the effect too, but not having soulshots makes them feel very "weak" attack wise... or is it just me having this feeling?

This is not a complaint or anything, I just wanted to know the opinion of others.. Because like I said, I don't have experience with them, I do however remember seeing summons do a lot more than this.. I'm sure. 

Highest level on Beta1 were always summoners. I played a bit with warsmith golem, it had same patk on lvl 50+ as destroyer with luxury weapon. I dont think they are weak. At least they weren't in Beta1, didn't test in Beta2 yet.

I mean, you can keep going and going with minimal gear as a summoner, but I don't think the pets are as strong as they are in interlude or one of those chronicles

You need to understand, that on live (3x) noone, except very well organised constant parties will use soulshots for PvE, simply because they couldn't pay for themselves. So PvE-wise summoners are stil your best shot, if you have to ask. In PvP, most people WILL use soul/spiritshots, so summoners suck balls in Classic.with basically half the damage output of everyone else.

You need to understand, that on live (3x) noone, except very well organised constant parties will use soulshots for PvE, simply because they couldn't pay for themselves. So PvE-wise summoners are stil your best shot, if you have to ask. In PvP, most people WILL use soulů/spiritshots, so sommoners suck balls in Classic.with basically half the damage output of everyone else.

​Unless you're a warlock, in that case, we just wanted you for the buff anyway.

Yeah but that's the problem with summoners, I believe that on classic they do NOT have that cat/pony buff, so nobody really wants you in the party because you provide less damage than regular DD and bring no utility like a support, so you're basically being mediocre at everything. And it's going to be really painful because exping solo will be a nightmare unless you live in a timezone when there is minimum online.

That being said though, I'll probably still go for ES main because I'm used to it :)

You need to understand, that on live (3x) noone, except very well organised constant parties will use soulshots for PvE, simply because they couldn't pay for themselves. So PvE-wise summoners are stil your best shot, if you have to ask. In PvP, most people WILL use soulů/spiritshots, so sommoners suck balls in Classic.with basically half the damage output of everyone else.

​this buff dont exist in classic...

​this buff dont exist in classic...

​In that case, we just didn't want you anyway