Sign in to follow this  
GrimoireWeiss

Need opinions on DA and GLAD

Like Glad had many good changes in this version with ranged stun, hex like triple slash, skills criting and many more. I think I know pretty much everything about them on this version but if you have something to add it's welcomed.
At first I thought Glad but then with 2.0 I saw there are pet shots now. In this version panther gets some skills as well but DA now has no shackle. Is corpse scavenge still not worth using? I remember it barely recovering any hp. So with lack of some skills and some being almost useless it feels like DA is just stun+ horror spam and slowly chase after faster classes.

I have wc box and mostly will play duo with my friend which picked archer. Gear is not a problem so I just want to hear opinions on these two in this version and if they would perform well with archer. I like both classes so just some more info to decide.

gladi is very good in this version, especially if you know how to play it properly. overall a fun class to play.

DA is broken beyond salvation. you just need to spam 2 skills, and the panther will do the rest.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arcanum said:

gladi is very good in this version, especially if you know how to play it properly. overall a fun class to play.

DA is broken beyond salvation. you just need to spam 2 skills, and the panther will do the rest.

This. gladi is fine , just not super op as DA. I suggest you to pick whatever you feel like playing.

2 hours ago, GrimoireWeiss said:

Like Glad had many good changes in this version with ranged stun, hex like triple slash, skills criting and many more. I think I know pretty much everything about them on this version but if you have something to add it's welcomed.
At first I thought Glad but then with 2.0 I saw there are pet shots now. In this version panther gets some skills as well but DA now has no shackle. Is corpse scavenge still not worth using? I remember it barely recovering any hp. So with lack of some skills and some being almost useless it feels like DA is just stun+ horror spam and slowly chase after faster classes.

I have wc box and mostly will play duo with my friend which picked archer. Gear is not a problem so I just want to hear opinions on these two in this version and if they would perform well with archer. I like both classes so just some more info to decide.

12 minutes ago, Arcanum said:

This. gladi is fine , just not super op as DA. I suggest you to pick whatever you feel like playing.

I could play any of them and it's not the problem. It's just that classic is it's own thing and stuff works differently. Like I think when DA uses buffs his pet receives them as well. So I need just some opinions to help me decide as test servers are a joke and I would need many hours to test those classes.
My friend will be using archer and I want to be able to keep people off him if fighting. His concern is that enemies could ignore me and just go after him as he is squishy.
Won't DA be too slow? Life scavenge still restores low amount of hp?  

1 hour ago, GrimoireWeiss said:

I could play any of them and it's not the problem. It's just that classic is it's own thing and stuff works differently. Like I think when DA uses buffs his pet receives them as well. So I need just some opinions to help me decide as test servers are a joke and I would need many hours to test those classes.
My friend will be using archer and I want to be able to keep people off him if fighting. His concern is that enemies could ignore me and just go after him as he is squishy.

before moving server, my cp's setup had the same idea pretty much: 3 archers and 1 necro to cc ppl away from archers. DA plays the same role and imho it's a top setup, DA offers more utility compared to necro and necro offered more ranged dmg in massive fights. If you want to play in a CP with your friend tank(da) in archer cp is a classic setup for this chronicle. Gladi and archer dont fit together in a cp really, but if u play in a smaller group it shouldnt be a problem at all. So i guess it depends on your plans.

13 hours ago, GrimoireWeiss said:

if it's for keeping people at bay, then DA would be the most obvious choice.

they won't be able to ignore you even if they wanted to, simply because you have enough aggression skills to keep people target-locked on you all the time, and they can't change their target either until the provoke debuff wears off.

fear and stun also work more than fine to stop people entirely from attacking your allies.

gladi, on the other hand, has always been a frontline damage dealer focused on bursting down targets as fast as possible in close combat.

it works fine as alternative mid-range DD in 2nd line as well to annoy and/or stop enemy units from attacking, but that's a job he cannot perform for too long due to mana usage issues.

the average 600 range of his ranged skills compared to 900 from archers/mages will also lead you to getting focused for guaranteed by the enemy fire in mass PvP when there's 4+ parties involved, so it's a class overall more suited for either solo or group PvP.

if you really want to play a class that can support and defend your group members at the same time, gladi is not the one you should be looking for.

GLAD:

• very fun to play
  • very good at small PvP's
  • decent for future oly
  • not very wellcomed in most aoe parties and a very slow farmer when killing single targets
  • mana dependant - require recharger (box prefered) for a enjoyable gameplay

DA:

• outside of PvP rather boring to play (and even during PvP he (arguably) isn't all that fun)
  • OP at small PvP's and (arguably) worse on bigger ones (9v9 and bigger)
  • OP oly class
  • very wellcomed in all sort of aoe parties
  • very good single target farmer (due to panther's crazy DPS)
  • support independant - needs only PP buff and BD/SWS isn't that neccessary for him
  • cheap to start with but not as profitable - you don't rly need to invest into a good weapon since pather will be doing most dmg, but at the same time you will spend loads of money on pet soulshots so in the long run you might end up being not as rich as other classes (unless you aoe ofc)

My general opinion is that if you really plan/want to play with your friend archer and are planning to sooner or later reach 70+ and participate in mass-pvp / clan wars you definitely should pick DA because:

1. Gladi doesn't fit well into archer parties. Sure you CAN throw in a Glad into an archer setup but it's sub-optimal and most of CP's won't like that idea

2. Archer + Glad will have problems to join random AOE parties (because archers there are useless and Glads aren't the best either) while with DA+Archer you can squeeze in your friend into aoe parties when they will need a tank and you will  inform them that you will join only if they invite your archer friend as well

But if all you want to do here is to simply have fun while farming together with your friend and you don't really care about late game content and/or being in a factor clan/cp then I would probably go for the Glad since I find him more fun to play <- although it will definitely be slower for duo-exp

9 hours ago, FinalFen said:

GLAD:

• very fun to play
  • very good at small PvP's
  • decent for future oly
  • not very wellcomed in most aoe parties and a very slow farmer when killing single targets
  • mana dependant - require recharger (box prefered) for a enjoyable gameplay

DA:

• outside of PvP rather boring to play (and even during PvP he (arguably) isn't all that fun)
  • OP at small PvP's and (arguably) worse on bigger ones (9v9 and bigger)
  • OP oly class
  • very wellcomed in all sort of aoe parties
  • very good single target farmer (due to panther's crazy DPS)
  • support independant - needs only PP buff and BD/SWS isn't that neccessary for him
  • cheap to start with but not as profitable - you don't rly need to invest into a good weapon since pather will be doing most dmg, but at the same time you will spend loads of money on pet soulshots so in the long run you might end up being not as rich as other classes (unless you aoe ofc)

My general opinion is that if you really plan/want to play with your friend archer and are planning to sooner or later reach 70+ and participate in mass-pvp / clan wars you definitely should pick DA because:

1. Gladi doesn't fit well into archer parties. Sure you CAN throw in a Glad into an archer setup but it's sub-optimal and most of CP's won't like that idea

2. Archer + Glad will have problems to join random AOE parties (because archers there are useless and Glads aren't the best either) while with DA+Archer you can squeeze in your friend into aoe parties when they will need a tank and you will  inform them that you will join only if they invite your archer friend as well

But if all you want to do here is to simply have fun while farming together with your friend and you don't really care about late game content and/or being in a factor clan/cp then I would probably go for the Glad since I find him more fun to play <- although it will definitely be slower for duo-exp

I am not really thinking about huge battles for now. Just usual l2 experience like fighting for spots and etc. Cash for me isn't problem as I already have gear for any character and a wc box.
I played both characters in the past just different chronicles so I just wanted to know how they are here.

After testing DA on test server  he is honestly boring like you said. Like yeah you are very strong with shield stun+fear lock then panther slapping opponents for nice dmg but that's about it. Life scavenge barely gives any hp so it's pretty much waste of mana even in this version. Drain HP gives barely more than life scavenge... Corpse plague is an empty skill. I don't need full skill bar but having some utility or dmg skills is nice. It's super boring just spamming fear.
I hoped panther skills would balance out lack of stuff to do but from videos I have seen no one uses them and after testing I understand why. 

I was going to go Glad originally but after my friend picked archer I thought that i would be hard to farm with him having huge range and me running behind mobs. So I thought about DA as it's really nice with 0 mp aggro and after testing thinking about SK now or sticking with Glad.

I don't think I would want any other class so now need to think about Glad or SK. I know glad skills eat mp a lot but I wouldn't say he is bad solo with good duals, wc buffs and stuff like rage or detect weakness.

Edited by GrimoireWeiss

SK with +12 str, bw set and greatsword could probably farm as good as a gladi. if we include all the debuffs, it would be even better maybe.

4 minutes ago, FinalFen said:

SK would definitely farm faster than a Glad without a recharge and/or aoe party :P

SK is solid because he will absorb a lot with shield, 3 draining abilities and vr which you can get trough fishing easily or box. Though enemies will go fast with poison and bleed. 
So yeah SK farms easier that's for sure but I can't see Glad having that much trouble either it's just that he eats buckets of mana.

18 minutes ago, Kure said:

who cares about mana with othels available?

Depending on a class it's kind of important. Like tank will not use much mana with his limited mana pool when Glad pays like 60mp per skill...
Btw don't Iss runes do something with mana? Didn't explore runes much just know they are there so will need to start doing some RB's.

you don't need that much mana on gladi if you just use self buffs like it's supposed to farm.

if you also plan to use triple slash for the hex effect, then you'll run from 100% mp to 0 in about a dozen skills. that is not a skill for farming.