Sign in to follow this  
FinalFen

Bounty Hunting PK's

Do you like the Bounty Hunting idea?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Bounty Hunting idea?

• Yes
    • No

Ok so after reading another thread where newer players are expressing how annoying it is to get PK'ed by a high lvl char in a newbie area I was wondering if we could implement a Bounty System that would encourage hunting such PKers (not sure how much work it would take and if it would be even possible on l2 client)

How it would work:

In general if players would get PK'ed they would have an option to place a bounty to encourage other players to hunt down that PKer and avenge the victim

Player who accepts the bounty hunting has to kill the PK'er and if he manages to do so he gets rewarded with adena placed by other players (no adena creation to make sure it wouldn't get abused).

A bit more details on how it should actualy WORK:

1. Only players with [10+?] PK count can have a bounty placed for their head

2. When someone is being PK'ed and PK'er has high enough PK count, victim outside of the stanard "leave to town" option gets another one: "place a bounty" 

3. Upon placing a bounty player chooses how big of a bounty he wants to place for a particular PK'er (with some minimal "bid" - maybe dependant on PKer level)

4.When a PK'er kills multiple chars and many of his victims place a bounty, the sum adds up

5. In each town a new NPC bounty hunter upon talking to him opens up a list of all PK'ers that have a bounty on them with additional informations:

• sum of bounties added by victims
  • online status (info whether PK'er is online or not)
  • information whether PK'er has higher level (no detailed info, just if it's higher or not)

6. Once a player accepts a bounty he becomes a bounty hunter and couple of things happen:

a) He stops receiving EXP - so it won't be that everyone accepts a bounty and then EXP as normal and simply check from time to time if PK'er didn't come close to them

b) [OPTIONAL] He cannot accept another bounty untill he comes back to NPC and cancels current hunt

c) He cannot attack or be attacked by other players /MOB's (beside the PK'er ofc), can't progress in any quests (so it won't be a free dance of shadow/silent move), use any abilities on other players (so i.e. a Healer won't take this as a invulnurability buff during a Siege/Mass-Pvp)

d) In quest tab he receives an information in what zone (general geographical region) PK'er is currently hiding, i.e.: Forest of Mirrors, Enchanted Valley, Floran Village 

e) Upon his head a quest arrow appears showing him in which direction he should head to find the PK'er that he is hunting

f) [OPTIONAL] Bounty hunter could become invisible to all characters and get revealed only when being near the PK'er (1800-2700 range?) - to make sure that 1 camera won't be enough for PK'er to feel safe

g) If PK'er logs out when bounty hunter is closer than 1200-1500 units away from him, PKer char stays in the game for additional 10-15 seconds

• this would promote the stealth and track gameplay where bounty hunters would use the terrain and obstacles to track and ambush his victim (need to get close without being noticed so logout won't happen)
  • additionally it would prevent PK'ers from having a safe/easy escape when simply being passive and not receiving damage for 10s and make the hunting a tiny bit more reliable (so people wouldn't feel like wasting time because everyone auto logouts)

h) [OPTIONAL] If bounty hunter would be in the +/- 5 level range from PK'er he could receive 10 movement speed bonus to encounrage other than maxed-out players to hunt the PK'er

i) Upon killing the PK'er - bounty hunter would receive all of the adena added to the bounty pool by victirms of a PK'er, and PK'er would be removed from the bounty hunting NPC list (untill a new bounty is placed by future victims)

j) [OPTIONAL] Upon every kill bounty hunter could additionally receive a bounty hunter token currency (although I'm afraid that this could be exploitable) for which he could buy some graphic/visual effects like colored title/nickname, bounty hunter accessory

k) [OPTIONAL] Bounty hunter tokens could be used to upgrade bounty hunter skills i.e.:

• some kind of on map indicator showing a bit more precise location of a PK'er (other then the name of zone)
  • increased m.speed when being on a hunt
  • free GK teleports when being on a hunt
  • additional hunting slots (so he can hunt for example 3 PKers at a time)
  • increase of bounty hunter tokens gain per kill

7. Formula could be made that calculates for how long the bounty is valid: i.e. if a bounty was placed on a PK'er with 10 PK, then for example if during next 5 days that PKer wouldn't PK anyone else and no bounty hunter killed him, bounty would get canceled (and gold gave back to players who placed bounty) but for someone with i.e. 100 PK's this timeframe could last for a month. Additionally if bounty validation period would be 5 days and during that time PKer would loose karma, he could still be hunted in "regular rules" but of course wouldn't drop any items (meaning even though his nick is white, bounty hunter can still him without getting flagged/karma).

8. Once a hunt is succesful all of the players who placed a bounty would receive an auto-generated e-mail informing that the PK'er got killed and that they were avenged by the [name of bounty hunter] + maybe information of what that PK'er dropped (maybe some players would like to personally thank for the good job:))

I feel such a mechanic could be really healthy for the gameplay and become a trademark of our server.

• It would promotes PvP
  • Give lower level players a decent PvP source (i.e. when a 50 lvl PK'er is hunting in Aligators all 50+ players could reliably come and get some fun while the hunt is on!) and some adena rewards
  • Could let victims of PK'ers feer less abandoned/defendless when nobody cares ;-(
  • Would make some people think twice before PK'ing others
  • Could force perma PK'ers to actually use brain and "work for the PKer status" (constantly look around if they aren't tracked, don't stay too long in 1 area, etc - kind of assasin roleplay) instead of going with 20 levels higher characters to PK lowbies to who they are invulnurable

So this is my idea of what seams ot be a cool feature that could be implemented onto our server. I do understand that at the moment DEVs have a lot more important things to do (bug squashing) but maybe there will be a time when scripters will have a spare moment and such feature could be made if players would actually like the idea :)

it would be abused to hell, id make a lvl 58 pr and pk sub 40's all day long untill someone place a bounty on me and then id just get a friend to kill my pk char and we would share the adena.

bad idea and it wont solve anything regarding lowbe pking, good effort though

• Like 1

2 hours ago, valkynic said:

it would be abused to hell, id make a lvl 58 pr and pk sub 40's all day long untill someone place a bounty on me and then id just get a friend to kill my pk char and we would share the adena.

bad idea and it wont solve anything regarding lowbe pking, good effort though

Show all pk in map would be nice.. without any reward or else things... just some sword at map would be nice...  maybe some overall game notification in public chat for all reginons saying that "Player killer is present in Enchanted Valley" or so.

Edited by HellHound
correction

21 minutes ago, HellHound said:

Show all pk in map would be nice.. without any reward or else things... just some sword at map would be nice...  maybe some overall game notification in public chat for all reginons saying that "Player killer is present in Enchanted Valley" or so.

Add Zariche then :D 

You can programe it (1000h+ ?), and we will test it on test server and trash it. Or you can create topic on forum , when you will post the bounty and collect the print-screan of frag.