Sign in to follow this  
Ryoko

Method to earn 0 xp

tl:dr - may not be the full retail experience, but it lets people test the entire game and also play how they want to enjoy the game. Besides, 3x rates isn't pure retail anyways

Some players might think the suggestion is absolutely crazy for numerous reasons. However, I would like to suggest that either of the following be added to the game: A) an NPC with the ability to disable your xp gain, or B) a removable accessory item the stops xp gain. My reasoning for this is as follows:

(During testing)

1) We are supposed to be testing all aspects of the game, not only the combat mechanics, but also the low level quests. It's extremely difficult to test these quests when you have out leveled half of the starter quests by simply trying to finish one. I understand there are some testers who wish to test, and only test the end game content, but myself and many others will be playing this game from the beginning where most of these starter quests have gotten little to no actual testing due to the rate at which we level now. A toggle-able xp option would enable those of us who are trying to test these areas, to actually be able to test them.

(After opening)

1) Allow players to play, hunt, farm, w/e in the game how they choose - Some players: have no desire to ever reach level cap, prefer to stay in the lower areas with friends who play less often and don't want to out-level them, would prefer staying in one area to hunt/farm without the fear of out leveling it, etc.

2) Stop the dwarven suicide driven genocide - Anyone who played retail in the early days remembers dorfs throwing themselves onto guards for hours at a time TRYING to delevel so they could either farm or just stay playing the area they enjoyed.

For the sake of clarity, I am only asking for a method to stop xp gain. I DO NOT want a fast method to de-level implemented. We all know what happens when a skill capped player delevels down to topNG gear.....

I understand that neither of the suggested methods I proposed were ever in the retail game or experience. But I have to ask, should that really be a necessary game mechanic? Forced to level when you do not wish to, then spend hours undoing levels you never wanted, just so you can start to play the way you want? Should it be necessary to have to restart multiple new characters just so you can play in the areas you wish to play? Games are supposed to be fun. You may wish to hit level cap, go on crazy raids, etc. While some may just want to play in SoDA, or EF all day long. Even 3x is too fast to enjoy that.

Just a suggestion

Lineage 2 pretty much has 2 way of playing it.

-Rushing to the top going from best xp zones to best xp zones, at the price of not necessarily farming the best spots for items, mats, etc.

-Slower leveling, but getting better drops, spoils, mats, etc.

I know it may sound boring having to delevel on guards for a while, but you have to think about game balance too. If you go for spoils, mats, etc. You're already going to make a lot more adena than the ''normal'' player who is rushing exp, so i don't think it would be fair if spoilers had a way to get so rich without any down side to it (not having to use your time to de-level, farming 24/7). You can always make a char with your friends and keep it at their level, and have one for when you play solo or with random people. 

tl;dr: that would give an unfair advantage to spoilers who can already get super rich, without any down side to it.

• Like 1

If we completely ignore the other reasons I've listed and focus purely on "that would give an unfair advantage to spoilers who can get super rich, without any down side to it." I think you're forgetting that while they might become richer in adena, they become poorer in levels. Sounds cheesy, I know, but hear me out.

The downsides are that they will not be as high level as the people who rushed, but also conversely in the aspect of adena. The people who decided to use their time leveling will always have a combat advantage (which is a major portion of L2), the ability to get larger quantity adena drops from mobs (it wont make them rich, but it does allow them to continue their style of play), party with more people (eventually most people would move on from the lower areas), access to higher drops and materials, access to more game content, etc. Where the people who stay low level, their only advantage is access to a steadily stream of materials, that if they chose to sell them would directly give them an adena advantage. So if you look at it from both sides, both sides have an advantage and a short coming.

Rush = low money, high level  //  Lock xp = high money, no level

Both people get to play the game how they would like to, and I don't see how that aspect gives an unfair advantage to anyone. That is, until you factor in that now the spoiler has to stop his/her way of playing, to then invest even more time mindlessly killing (deleveling) themselves. Does that not sound like the unfair time advantage would now be more towards the people who rushed?

tl;dr: Rushing brings low money/high level, locking xp brings high money/no level. In this case, addition time spent mindlessly deleveling sounds like a pretty unfair time advantage towards rushers to me.

It would be amazing if this would be implemented. I don't think that this would be an advantage to anyone. Since you will need high level on spoiler to get key mats and recipes. But im going to main a spoiler, so i might be a little bit subjective :D

pro: i don't think the ability to stop leveling would cause any (more) imbalance. If anything, it would bring BH's more up to par with other classes (why is spoil going to be only 2x anyways?) Sin eaters, anyone?

con: You lose 10% per death, You can easily get killed twice per minute. That is 30 minutes of suicide runs to undo half a year's worth of grind. Also you can always get karma to stop earning XP, or just get killed once in a while while grinding.

Bottom line: I doubt this "issue" warrants any more custom modifications to the server.

There really is no downside for the server for a stop exp button. Worst case scenario is the market gets flooded with mats because of low level spoilers which drops the prices. I'm ok with that as there will be significantly less people playing spoilers as the server is smaller than what retail had. So mats will be fairly hard to come by. 

Although I do want to see dwarf trains suiciding on guards. That was my favourite part of old school l2. 

All in all though. It's just a convenience option that wouldn't make much difference to the server anyway. As anyone that wants to de level, can de level.

although right now I would say they have their hands full with just basic bugs so any sort of custom suggestion is just gonna go way on the back burner. 

If we completely ignore the other reasons I've listed and focus purely on "that would give an unfair advantage to spoilers who can get super rich, without any down side to it." I think you're forgetting that while they might become richer in adena, they become poorer in levels. Sounds cheesy, I know, but hear me out.

The downsides are that they will not be as high level as the people who rushed, but also conversely in the aspect of adena. The people who decided to use their time leveling will always have a combat advantage (which is a major portion of L2), the ability to get larger quantity adena drops from mobs (it wont make them rich, but it does allow them to continue their style of play), party with more people (eventually most people would move on from the lower areas), access to higher drops and materials, access to more game content, etc. Where the people who stay low level, their only advantage is access to a steadily stream of materials, that if they chose to sell them would directly give them an adena advantage. So if you look at it from both sides, both sides have an advantage and a short coming.

Rush = low money, high level  //  Lock xp = high money, no level

Both people get to play the game how they would like to, and I don't see how that aspect gives an unfair advantage to anyone. That is, until you factor in that now the spoiler has to stop his/her way of playing, to then invest even more time mindlessly killing (deleveling) themselves. Does that not sound like the unfair time advantage would now be more towards the people who rushed?

tl;dr: Rushing brings low money/high level, locking xp brings high money/no level. In this case, addition time spent mindlessly deleveling sounds like a pretty unfair time advantage towards rushers to me.

​I don't think you realize classic 1.0 = huge exp loss on death (10%, unless admins decides to change it), i really don't understand how you can come up with ''mindless hours of de-leveling'' ... 50 deaths and you will be down 5 levels, that's not even 30 minutes.. Plus there is the sin eater (takes all of your exp), that's what every single spoilers used on retail.

It's not true at all that higher lvl brings you more adena and better mats from mobs, farming mats is WAY better at low levels, hence why people farm materials on low level spoilers. You can also farm monsters way faster and more effeciantly at lower levels so even though they drop less adena, it's not a big difference. That's why i said it could cause some sort of unfair advantage. I'm not saying you're wrong or i'm right, just giving my opinion. Low level areas doesn't require groups like higher level ones, so you're free to farm those anytime you want and you can kill everything pretty fast and make just as much adena due to farming faster/alone compared to higher level areas where you need to get a group and divide the adena with every party member. Let's be real here, getting from level 25 to 30 is not going to take 15 mins on classic, it's going to take a fair amount of time, And you can either do the small Sin Eater quest to not get exp at all, or take a small 30 minutes of your time and de-level those 5 levels easily.. That already sounds fair to me. i don't see the need for a ''no exp'' custom thing.

That being said, i wouldn't be mad if they implemented it, honestly i don't really care, im going for exp rush no matter what. But i just don't think that's necessary, there is already a quest (Sin Eater) to stop the exp gain and de-leveling is easy in classic 1.0.

• Like 1

​I don't think you realize classic 1.0 = huge exp loss on death (10%, unless admins decides to change it), i really don't understand how you can come up with ''mindless hours of de-leveling''

​Actually, you're spot on with that. I truly didn't know that it was only going to be 10%. I was using my experiences in retail prelude/C1 as reference, and in fact have never died in classic 1.0 ^^; I was assuming it would be similar to that and be like... you might lose .01% per death, or you might lose 5%, making the deleveling completely unpredictable and at times, literally take hours. I just assumed classic would be, well, classic :P

It might be superfluous, but like someone else said it's just a convenience item/option, which is why I was suggesting it. I also don't think that something like this would be implemented anytime soon, if ever, but that's what suggestion threads are for.

​I don't think you realize classic 1.0 = huge exp loss on death (10%, unless admins decides to change it), i really don't understand how you can come up with ''mindless hours of de-leveling''

​Actually, you're spot on with that. I truly didn't know that it was only going to be 10%. I was using my experiences in retail prelude/C1 as reference, and in fact have never died in classic 1.0 ^^; I was assuming it would be similar to that and be like... you might lose .01% per death, or you might lose 5%, making the deleveling completely unpredictable and at times, literally take hours. I just assumed classic would be, well, classic :P

It might be superfluous, but like someone else said it's just a convenience item/option, which is why I was suggesting it. I also don't think that something like this would be implemented anytime soon, if ever, but that's what suggestion threads are for.

Yeah well that's one of the reasons classic is ''hard'', not many areas, big exp loss, item drops and all. I think they reduced the %exp loss on retail classic servers in 2.0, but as of 1.0 it's at 10%, i have no idea if the admins are going to keep it as it is for the 1.0 here or if they are going to reduce it right away though! But yes, by all means keep posting your suggestions, i was just giving my opinions on the matter, i think having opinions and ''debates'' on ideas is what makes it interesting, and it also can help admins decide what they want to do when they see people bringing ideas from both sides :) 

• Like 2

Suggestions section should be disable for people who never played Classic, it's a another game rather than other Lineage 2 version.

These suggestion make me laughing really, you want stop xp but if you played on Classic, this idea would never happened.

Close this topic, it's clearly nonsense.

• Like 1

Just to clear things out, there is no sin eater in classic, nor any other pet.

Thanks for the info, i never use Sin Eater and some1 talked about it so i assumed it was haha.

not sure if they'll ever implement Sin Eaters again in Classic, since there's PK coins now.

that was the main/best way to keep spoilers locked at one level, without the need of suiciding on guards.

surely better than any other kind of customized shit.

can you even delevel in classic? i only died a few times in beta but at one of them i went to 0.00 % so i assumed the option to delevel is turned off like in the modern l2.

enough with custom suggestions. let the admins/gm get 100% functional retail server, then we can add on other things later. 

• Like 1

One question springs top my  mind. In H5 and later chronicles, when u died just after level up, you have lost XP but you didnt loose level anymore. This was made to prevent ppl making raid alts with better skills for easier raid kills i.e: 60 lvl zaken. How does this works on classic? When u die close after lvl up, do you loose your level or not? If no then stop XP is not nonsense, if you loose the level then its irelevant.

i don't think it lets you dlvl, i didn't one of the times i died earlier in beta. but im to lazy to test it now and ppl keep saying xp loss on death is turned off atm anyway.