Sukemoto

Classic/C1/C2

So I consider myself pretty noob when it comes to content and patches. But when trying to understand how far the server will progress in "classic" I did some looking into the KR patches etc. So until C1, we don't see AL and castle sieges. Also, C2 brought about ToI/new "endgame" bosses. So I wouldn't expect "Classic" to get updated to C2, but will we see full B grade/AL/CS/C1 or are we strictly staying at "Classic" aka pre-Chronicles?

Ah and also, any confirmation about needing to farm spell books or will they be purchasable via shops as in beta? I read the Q&A/interview with the programmer/KRClassic player here and he mentioned the loathing of 17 day farms for one book. 

Classic will go up to before GoD plus whatever new stuff they come up with. The next kr update brings Goddard and all that content.

​Oh so classic doesn't mean we are locked in at "classic" (pre-C1) forever? We are following KR Classic as it progresses? Can we have official word on this matter stating that we are not locked into  "classic" (pre-C1) and at most C1/C2, but instead going all the way to GoD?

and also farm for SB, no shop like in beta

​Any will we have the 2nd class change quest also? Why aren't we beta testing those instead of offering it in Giran @ cat/TP?

Classic will go up to before GoD plus whatever new stuff they come up with. The next kr update brings Goddard and all that content.

​Oh so classic doesn't mean we are locked in at "classic" (pre-C1) forever? We are following KR Classic as it progresses? Can we have official word on this matter stating that we are not locked into  "classic" (pre-C1) and at most C1/C2, but instead going all the way to GoD?

​Classic means ''classic l2'' oldschool, the old game going up the patches, so yes, we will eventually get there. classic is not just pre-c1, there are skills and mechanics in clsssic that were not in c1 and less, so its not exactly the same, but the progress is the same, more and more map areas + contents.

and also farm for SB, no shop like in beta

​Any will we have the 2nd class change quest also? Why aren't we beta testing those instead of offering it in Giran @ cat/TP?

​Yes, second class quest + second class books to farm. the reason is, second class quests was bugged when beta started so they put it at cat so people can keep lvling up, and they put books on cat too because people dont want to farm for days for 1 book only for beta.

​You're wrong, they never said adding Goddard or whatever about C4+.

So I consider myself pretty noob when it comes to content and patches. But when trying to understand how far the server will progress in "classic" I did some looking into the KR patches etc. So until C1, we don't see AL and castle sieges. Also, C2 brought about ToI/new "endgame" bosses. So I wouldn't expect "Classic" to get updated to C2, but will we see full B grade/AL/CS/C1 or are we strictly staying at "Classic" aka pre-Chronicles?

Classic doesn't follow Chronicle anymore, they have their own way.

Classic update look like this atm :

1.1 Fishing is introduced (not working in Russia - stupid rewards needs adjustment).
1.2. SA is introduced (not working in Russia - system currently work in progress only in Korea).
1.3. (Age of War) New skills, new quests, new zones (Enchanted Valley/Crocodile Island), sieges, boss jewelry (Current Russian/Japan version).
1.4. Lair of Antharas is introduced + B grade gear (recipe available mostly in LoA).
2.0. Aden, and few area (Forest of mirror/Blazing Swamp/The Cemetery/Seal Of Shilen/Ancient Battleground/Fields of Massacre), new quests (D grade set for Academy member/few quests from lv 38 to 64), new skills.
2.1. Talisman added, possibility to upgrade boss jewelry, Aden castle siege, new quest (Game of Cards).
2.2. Tower of Insolence, Baium, Vitality system (xp boost), grade penalty removed (fucking stupid) and enchanting improved for D grade (Current Korean version).

gotta be fun fighting Antharas and Baium in B grade 9_9

well, so far they followed the previous patches up until Aden territory, so i guess Goddard and Rune will follow later on along with new gear.

they did confirm in KR that they would follow the content up until the Kamaels( there should even be a screen of the updates from a press conference in KR ), what wasn't decided yet was about what would come up after the Kamaels.

not sure about the reason of removing the grade penalty on items, makes no sense whatsoever except for boosting low lv characters for leveling.

Well how fast did they progress through all of those patches? Are we following their timeline or will we be voting on updates/new content or will it roll out via admin's discretion? I guess I don't care if "classic" goes up to Kamaels if that is years or a long time from now on our server, but I just wouldn't want to "relive classic" only for A grade to drop in a few months and then on etc. 

Well how fast did they progress through all of those patches? Are we following their timeline or will we be voting on updates/new content or will it roll out via admin's discretion? I guess I don't care if "classic" goes up to Kamaels if that is years or a long time from now on our server, but I just wouldn't want to "relive classic" only for A grade to drop in a few months and then on etc. 

​were talking about months/year for patches.

Somewhere on this forum is a post. Where admin stated that once they have "vanila" classic up and running in decen condition. It will be much easier to add new content opposite to fix bugs with "starter" version. So i guess when they have bugfree 1.0 they can add rest of the patches easier.

It's like when you are building a house. Hardest and most important part is to build a strong foundation.

they should still be p2p.

only JP is f2p as far as i know. what's sad is that there's a sea of botters + pay2win shop with enchants, soulshots and other crap.

basicly, JP has the perfect game version for e-bayers and wallet warriors.

some people have been playing in JP before.

i didn't bother to play there for the following reasons: language barrier, bots, p2w shop.

also, anyone that tries to speak english in general chat usually ends up getting reported and then banned, so i wouldn't reccomend playing there.

it's basicly the same as RU, just with a different/crap business model.

unless you have friends and you're mentally prepared to avoid any sort of verbal communication with other people, don't bother playing on JP.

Thanks in advance for answering.

Some mentioned they had IP blocks but some people managed to passed those with redirected proxies. Then i suddenly read they banned NA players.

To be honest i supported this project a lot but i m tired of waiting. I will come back though when it launches but till then i m dying to try it and i don't wanna pay for something i ll quit later on.

Now, i don't mind the bots, nor if i lose to some guy with a bought +16 weapon, there is no rage monster lurking in me. As for for the language barrier i know there is a patch and that some English clans have been established so i m willing to give it a go.

Thanks in advance for answering.

Some mentioned they had IP blocks but some people managed to passed those with redirected proxies. Then i suddenly read they banned NA players.

To be honest i supported this project a lot but i m tired of waiting. I will come back though when it launches but till then i m dying to try it and i don't wanna pay for something i ll quit later on.

Now, i don't mind the bots, nor if i lose to some guy with a bought +16 weapon, there is no rage monster lurking in me. As for for the language barrier i know there is a patch and that some English clans have been established so i m willing to give it a go.

​I play on JP for testing and i'm not banned (i have a account since 3 month now).

You don't need any proxy or something else to play on it, and about Bot, yeah they are so many on starter town.

Some quest are nerfed (like quest who give you SS/BSS) to push you to buy on cashshop, it's sad.

If you want join Japan server, there is a tutorial : http://classicharbingers.enjin.com/forum/m/31691644/viewthread/21843176-japan-classic-howto

And there if you want a English patch : http://www.mediafire.com/download/68rlgsx2c8ozo48/system.rar

To be able to use Wtfast (reduce ping) you have to disable gameguard, check here : http://greedalliance.enjin.com/forum/m/31855503/viewthread/21961821-no-gameguard-fix-finally

• Like 1

Thanks Banish3d for all the information. Do you know if i need a Japanese email address because i ve put mine and pressed to receive the confirmation code but still nothing...unless they bother only on working hours. ¬¬

Thanks Banish3d for all the information. Do you know if i need a Japanese email address because i ve put mine and pressed to receive the confirmation code but still nothing...unless they bother only on working hours. ¬¬

​I used a Gmail and it works fine.