Sign in to follow this  
Megas

Questing on the very start

Hi everyone, i'm new to server and i'm kinda surprised how ugly the lvling is starting from lvl 1:

You can not switch villages to pick better quests because you have to pay for teleport in the very beginning. I have never seen this on any other server.

Newbie guide NPC is not helpfull at all.

Teleports within the stating village are not free as well, so you have to run 10 minutes forth and back to finish some silly quest.

I've finished 2 quests in dwarven village, neither of which gave me soulshots or experience. That's different from other servers as well.

TL:DR - what should i do -just kill random mobs to get adena/exp and forget about questing? But this way i will be naked all way up to 20. And even after that, i will have to spend most of my adena on teleports.

Looks like i'm missing something, need help!

There is a reward system once you lvl up and you get top no grade and shots from the lvl 1, it is hard in the begging but it is worth it. And it is not like any other server, it is classic :) GL

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Megas said:

TL:DR - what should i do -just kill random mobs to get adena/exp and forget about questing? But this way i will be naked all way up to 20. And even after that, i will have to spend most of my adena on teleports.

Looks like i'm missing something, need help!

first character on account gets starting pack where you get top no grade weapon for 1 week, at lvl 10 you can take no grade armor set from achievement system (bottom right corner there is shiny crest which you click), at 25 lvl you can make quest which gives you D grade armor set reward (moon night set), but except that yes, you gotta kill random mobs to get adena/xp, later on at 25+ if you buy bow you can join raid boss parties and thats pretty much it

gl

• Thanks 1

From achievements you get buff scrolls, exp (+50%/100%) scrolls, jewelry, armors, potions, scrolls of escape to various towns, soulshots/spiritshots, and few other things. You can make 1-40 in no time.

If you're really buff-greedy, you can teleport to Giran harbor (free from any gatekeeper) and ask someone to buff you. Im sure you'll find a friendly prophet or whatever who could give you few buffs.

You can port to Giran town by porting to Giran harbor and doing SOE.

If you need cash, you can try fishing. You'll spend around 60k~ for a fishing pole, bait and soulshots which will be enough for you to to fish for 24 hours straight. In that time you should get 250k worth of fish. And you'll get some exp (24h of fishing at 25~ level will get you up to 27). However, in my opinion fishing is not worth wasting time. My PC takes around 1.3-1.5 eur worth of electricity per 24 hours. I can donate that money and get almost 2kk adena selling donate coins. So... do the math.

By the way, I suggest not wasting town SOEs randomly, because they'll be very useful during 2nd class transfer (you'll save a lot of time and money). And I advise you to get to 39 lvl and then do all three quests at the same time, because you'll probably have to kill the same mobs and go to the same areas. 

Edited by s1lenc3

You can also make a 2nd char and port to silent valley from aden to pick up adena. Often high level people dont pick it up and if u are lucky u can comfortably make money for top D grades in couple of days this way.

What is more, if u are just starting out u shouldn't use xp scrolls because you will lvl very quickly and wont have adena for proper gear. Better save them for end game lvling.