Sign in to follow this  
Doom Gloom

WK or PS?

Hey guys! So I've been sitting here for a few days now, trying to decide what summoner I want to play. I kinda took ES out of the pool already so am between WK & PS. I couldn't find enough info about this in here, I mean I could just go PS because it looks really cool and am willing to try something new. But then again, I've seen lots of negative comments about this class and that's a bit scary. So what do you think? Is it worth it to even try PS or WK?

Thanks in advance~

Edited by Doom Gloom

personal preference - PS

stronger choice (generally speaking for close future) - warlock

tho both of them kinda sucks outside of olympiad and until they get boost with antharas patch, damn, that will be like 3 years from now on, so planning that far would be just crazy i guess

Arr that's sad. I am not even a competitive player to somehow "benefit" from olympiads xD I enjoy PvE the most, joining raids, farming, going on parties and such. :( So eek, how good do you think PS is in pve on 1-10 scale? Like what's good and bad about it, no need to go too deep though, just basics will do! And that's right, I am not waiting 3 years to enjoy a class lol!

Edited by Doom Gloom

19 minutes ago, Doom Gloom said:

Arr that's sad. I am not even a competitive player to somehow "benefit" from olympiads xD I enjoy PvE the most, joining raids, farming, going on parties and such. :( So eek, how good do you think PS is in pve on 1-10 scale? Like what's good and bad about it, no need to go too deep though, just basics will do! And that's right, I am not waiting 3 years to enjoy a class lol!

PS is specialized for 1by1 farming, while kitty is more hybrid and can join also AoE groups (still kinda questionable AoE groups if they invite warlock, but still, doable), so if you are solo player, i would suggest going PS for sure (also coz **** humans, lamest race in L2)

That's interesting. So basically I won't be getting any aoe pt, right? I don't have enough free time to join hardcore ones though. Like, I could be playing 1hr straight or join and having to go afk 50min anyway :/ that's why I always end up going solo or with some random duo, still fun though. Thanks for your help man! I might give PS a try! ^_^

Edited by Doom Gloom

8 hours ago, Doom Gloom said:

That's interesting. So basically I won't be getting any aoe pt, right? I don't have enough free time to join hardcore ones though. Like, I could be playing 1hr straight or join and having to go afk 50min anyway :/ that's why I always end up going solo or with some random duo, still fun though. Thanks for your help man! I might give PS a try! ^_^

both cat and ps are more than viable in solo/duo or any case of small group, you cant go wrong with any of those... for pure solo (without any buffpet) i would say PS has advantage meanwhile cat can act as a healer till 60 lvl or so in RB / aoe parties thanks to infinite MP... 

On 3/15/2019 at 7:34 PM, Kure said:

both cat and ps are more than viable in solo/duo or any case of small group, you cant go wrong with any of those... for pure solo (without any buffpet) i would say PS has advantage meanwhile cat can act as a healer till 60 lvl or so in RB / aoe parties thanks to infinite MP... 

Yeah, noticed that PS' summons hit harder than the others, so I was thinking to go straight melee just to assist it, or should I go nuke till 52+?

Wait, WK is helpful in raids and aoe parties till 60 just for the heals, what happens after that? You solo your way to endgame?

Edited by Doom Gloom

21 minutes ago, Doom Gloom said:

Yeah, noticed that PS' summons hit harder than the others, so I was thinking to go straight melee just to assist it, or should I go nuke till 52+?

Wait, WL is helpful in raids and aoe parties till 60 just for the heals, what happens after that? You solo your way to endgame?

you can go mage style until 74+ with warlock coz you have infinite mana or you can go melee style like PS

33 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

you can go mage style until 74+ with warlock coz you have infinite mana or you can go melee style like PS

That sounds good, but now I wanna try both, especially because I like cats a lot xD lol! I'll see what to do! Thanks again folks xD

Edited by Doom Gloom

WK over PS. Got to test both classes and noticed that while PS cubics has very good debuffs, its summons "lack some damage". Kai the cat constantly deals great critical attacks and in most cases that will help you more than having your opponent stunned or having their p. def decreased. I haven't had a chance to test their 3rd class summons tho but that's my overview based on lv 70+ characters equally geared and buffed.

But listen, PS is worth trying if you're into dark elves and playing solo efficiently. Here on club they already have Nightshade on lv 56, which personally I find it to be the best summon for pve. Lastly the most fun part is that you can make your opponents pee in their pants when they see up to 6-7 debuffs stacking up on their debuff bar.

9 hours ago, Torres said:

WK over PS. Got to test both classes and noticed that while PS cubics has very good debuffs, its summons "lack some damage". Kai the cat constantly deals great critical attacks and in most cases that will help you more than having your opponent stunned or having their p. def decreased. I haven't had a chance to test their 3rd class summons tho but that's my overview based on lv 70+ characters equally geared and buffed.

But listen, PS is worth trying if you're into dark elves and playing solo efficiently. Here on club they already have Nightshade on lv 56, which personally I find it to be the best summon for pve. Lastly the most fun part is that you can make your opponents pee in their pants when they see up to 6-7 debuffs stacking up on their debuff bar.

That's pretty cool :o I still couldn't decide between WK or PS xD I'm like, leveling both here and there but as PS I should go melee right after 40, right? If so I'd need to play WK a little bit longer because of the adena haha a bit expensive to go melee.

10 minutes ago, Doom Gloom said:

That's pretty cool :o I still couldn't decide between WK or PS I'm like, leveling both here and there but as PS I should go melee right after 40, right? If so I'd need to play WK a little bit longer because of the adena haha a bit expensive to go melee.

PS can't go mage style as he doesn't have infinite mana. 

Mage style is more expensive than melee

1 hour ago, Rip said:

PS can't go mage style as he doesn't have infinite mana. 

Mage style is more expensive than melee

So in order to go melee at 40 I need crystal dagger+othell 6 & PL?

Ideally yes, but not necessarily. Duals and light/heavy armor will do fine too.

Edited by Torres

I chose dagger+othell 6 & PL. But I'm unsure about the dyes and what summon to use for soloing :/ using soulless right now and thinking to go +12 str -15 con for dyes. although +12str -10con -5dex is another option, I don't really wanna lose any accuracy point. :|

Edited by Doom Gloom