Sign in to follow this  
Pakarti

Heal scaling

I've run some tests on OBT regarding the way heal scales and noticed some possible "issues".
Info: Cardinal 78, Weapon Master 45, Clan empower 1, no armor, no dyes, blessed spiritshots used accordingly.
Skill used: Greater Battle Heal 36
a) Homu +0 / No buffs  ~> Matk 612 , Heal 1242

/ Dance Mystic 2 ~> Matk 733 , Heal 1275
                      / Emp 3  ~> Matk 982 , Heal 1336

/ Emp + Dance Mys ~> Matk 1199 , Heal 1343
From this test it feels as if both skills increase healing by X% and Y%, but each x,y% seem to be slightly decreased when both buffs are combined?! Weird:
612 -> 733 means a ~19% increase in Matk, and 1242 -> 1275 means a ~2% increase in healing
612 -> 982 means a ~60% increase in Matk, and 1242 -> 1336 means a ~7% increase in healing

612 -> 1199 means a ~95% increase in Matk, and 1242 -> 1343 means an ~8% increase in healing

b) There's a "common knowledge" I've seen in many l2 classic posts (including in this forum) stating that grade of weapon is what actually affects healing, and not Matk. The test I did debunks this theory, while also proving that Matk does indeed affect healing, despite of weapon grade.

Homu +5 / No buffs  ~> Matk 717 , Heal 1323                                               Valh +0 / No buffs  ~> Matk 717, Heal 1323

/Dance Mystic 2 ~> Matk 862 , Heal 1363                                                    /Dance Mystic 2 ~> Matk 862 , Heal 1363                                        

/ Emp 3 ~> Matk 1171 , Heal 1394                                                                / Emp 3 ~> Matk 1171 , Heal 1394

/ Emp + Dance Mys ~> Matk 1426 , Heal 1401                                             / Emp + Dance Mys ~> Matk 1426 , Heal 1401

I do not know if this is how things are meant to work or even if there's some hidden math on the first issue I mentioned in order to balance/nerf healing output.
In addition, I've been away from classic for quite a while, so these may be "old news" - still, I thought it'd be nice to share results in case there's some kind of mistake requiring checking.

Edited by Pakarti
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Pakarti said:

There's a "common knowledge" I've seen in many l2 classic posts (including in this forum) stating that grade of weapon is what actually affects healing, and not Matk. The test I did debunks this theory, while also proving that Matk does indeed affect healing, despite of weapon grade.

M.atk of weapon itself affect healing (no matter what grade... so if some D +16 has same m.atk as mirracle, you will heal the same with less cost for shots), not m.atk of character (that only very slightly).  Thats why empower etc on bishops is in most cases overbuff. Afaik it works correctly.

2 hours ago, Kure said:

Thats why empower etc on bishops is in most cases overbuff. Afaik it works correctly.

Well, normal buff (emp) and dance (mystic) on both tests, disagree with this. Besides, I didn't mention that Matk from weapon mastery passive also affects healing numbers. 

Indeed though, the difference is not a huge deal. Although I'd really like to know if the combination of Matk+ buffs intentionally decreases the outcome of each one, as mentioned on first test. 

Edited by Pakarti

39 minutes ago, Pakarti said:

Well, normal buff (emp) and dance (mystic) on both tests, disagree with this. Besides, I didn't mention that Matk from weapon mastery passive also affects healing numbers. 

actually no, both tests actually prove what @Kure said. compare difference between first test homunkulus+0 no buffs, homunkulus +5 no buffs and homunkulus+0 all buffs. compared to first test, homunkulus+5 has only 100 more m atk in char stats while homunkulus all buffs have 600 more m atk in char stats, but the healing output is almost same, because M atk of weapon is much bigger in second test than in third, thats why you can assume

3 hours ago, Kure said:

M.atk of weapon itself affect healing (no matter what grade... so if some D +16 has same m.atk as mirracle, you will heal the same with less cost for shots), not m.atk of character (that only very slightly).  Thats why empower etc on bishops is in most cases overbuff. Afaik it works correctly.

20 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

actually no, both tests actually prove what @Kure said. compare difference between first test homunkulus+0 no buffs, homunkulus +5 no buffs and homunkulus+0 all buffs. compared to first test, homunkulus+5 has only 100 more m atk in char stats while homunkulus all buffs have 600 more m atk in char stats, but the healing output is almost same, because M atk of weapon is much bigger in second test than in third, thats why you can assume

I don't see how this disagrees with me and agrees only with @Kure. I do accept the fact that weapon Matk affects healing, what seems not to be the case is that Matk buffs do not affect healing, which they do. Now, of course it seems clear that weapon Matk is more important. Still, I would like to know why Matk buffs combined increase heal for less than "expected" if we consider each one's % increase. 

1 minute ago, Pakarti said:

I don't see how this disagrees with me and agrees only with @Kure. I do accept the fact that weapon Matk affects healing, what seems not to be the case is that Matk buffs do not affect healing, which they do. Now, of course it seems clear that weapon Matk is more important. Still, I would like to know why Matk buffs combined increase heal for less than "expected" if we consider each one's % increase. 

he never said normal m atk gain doesnt affect healing, its just such a slight difference that you rather can save yourself some buff slots rather than wasting it on empower

also you got very detailed test posted above from ruski official, could answer your questions probably