Sign in to follow this  
Tuss

Anti-bot politics

Can adm team specify the term "botter". What are critteria of character to be recognized as a botter? How the defendant can appeal? And how will you punish for false accusation?

Using of any kind of program or script or anything to automatise gameplay should be considered as bannable offense, or smth like that :) So if you char is doing smth without you controling the mouse or keyboard its bot :)

Using of any kind of program or script or anything to automatise gameplay should be considered as bannable offense, or smth like that :) So if you char is doing smth without you controling the mouse or keyboard its bot :)

​Using ingame macroses falls under your definition. And what about mouses and button pads that uses macroses?

​Using ingame macroses falls under your definition. And what about mouses and button pads that uses macroses?

​Please read Project rules (which you had to do before starting the game)

​Please read Project rules (which you had to do before starting the game)

​Its clear about rules of the project. My question was about can player push the button twice with his hand or ingame macros and get ban on the basis of complaints? In particuliar.

ok in a simple way... if you char is doing something that does not require your action it will be considered autonomous play and as so be punished.
about macros is a different story, no one will punish you for having a /target mycat /useskill recharge /delay 10 /useskill recharge etc etc macro. altho this macros require you to use them every couple of seconds, and its easy to see the difference between a normal macro with someone playing, or a macro beeing used by some kind of program or tool. this applies for IN GAME MACROS ONLY. summary: bot programs are punishable, clickers are punishable,  key board macros is punishable, mouse macros is punishable having a inspector gadjet invention pressing buttons for you is punishable (yes this includes the extra 3 pcs with bottles and papers pressing buttons to have the chars doing the stuff for you).  

The argument "omg i bought a 100 euro keyboard so i deserve to be able to use it to max potential" its not valid, you can use your keyboard to do wtv you want in other games. and same applies for mouse macros.

to sum it up in a very easy way and as i said before, if you char is doing stuff without your actions, its considered autonomous play and its punishable.

Edited by San0

ok in a simple way... if you char is doing something that does not require your action it will be considered autonomous play and as so be punished.
about macros is a different story, no one will punish you for having a /target mycat /useskill recharge /delay 10 /useskill recharge etc etc macro. altho this macros require you to use them every couple of seconds, and its easy to see the difference between a normal macro with someone playing, or a macro beeing used by some kind of program or tool. this applies for IN GAME MACROS ONLY. summary: bot programs are punishable, clickers are punishable,  key board macros is punishable, mouse macros is punishable having a inspector gadjet invention pressing buttons for you is punishable (yes this includes the extra 3 pcs with bottles and papers pressing buttons to have the chars doing the stuff for you).  

The argument "omg i bought a 100 euro keyboard so i deserve to be able to use it to max potential" its not valid, you can use your keyboard to do wtv you want in other games. and same applies for mouse macros.

to sum it up in a very easy way and as i said before, if you char is doing stuff without your actions, its considered autonomous play and its punishable.

Do ​you want to say that your anti-bot politics is reduced to the observation of the behavior of the character in the game?

​Using an in-game macro is not using a 3rd party program. What are you smoking? This has never been the case in 11 years of L2.

I think there should be a stickied "Wall of Shame" thread where all players caught botting have their character names posted. I think clans deserve to know who they have in their clan, or who they should avoid recruiting if they don't want these types.

​Using an in-game macro is not using a 3rd party program. What are you smoking? This has never been the case in 11 years of L2.

I think there should be a stickied "Wall of Shame" thread where all players caught botting have their character names posted. I think clans deserve to know who they have in their clan, or who they should avoid recruiting if they don't want these types.

​Your opinion is very important for me. But this topic has newer posts and discussion went on. Btw would you like to be accused on the basis of complaints of your envy and monitoring of your character in the game?

​I have 2 screens, 1 buffer and 1 main, when my main is low on hp I switch to other screen to heal him. What if I get banned for doing that, how can I defend myself, send you screenshots and pictures of my 2 screens?

To switch between two screens is super fast at least for my computer.

Attack mob from main, while attacking if my char drops hp low I just move mouse to the next screen and press F1 which is the macro to target + heal I stay on second screen while the main is attacking the mob to make sure that I spam F1 in case more heal is needed. Once mob is dead switch to first screen and do next target & attack and repeat.

Now would this be considered botting? (In my opinion it would not because I switch screens and I do manual clicking but how would you know that if someone reports me and you ban me without checking?)

to check for bots we dont just go and sit near the player to see how he plays or what he does, there are a lot of different ways to check. you wont be banned by putting your char attacking and change screen to go heal yourself.

​I have 2 screens, 1 buffer and 1 main, when my main is low on hp I switch to other screen to heal him. What if I get banned for doing that, how can I defend myself, send you screenshots and pictures of my 2 screens?

Attack mob from main, while attacking if my char drops hp low I just move mouse to the next screen and press F1 which is the macro to target + heal I stay on second screen while the main is attacking the mob to make sure that I spam F1 in case more heal is needed. Once mob is dead switch to first screen and do next target & attack and repeat.

Now would this be considered botting? (In my opinion it would not because I switch screens and I do manual clicking but how would you know that if someone reports me and you ban me without checking?)

​San0 said that its very simple to recognize ingame macro (that is legal) from the 3rd party programm pushing the buttons (that is not) just simple watching the character in game. The question is who must prove and what must be proven: innocence or fault

to check for bots we dont just go and sit near the player to see how he plays or what he does, there are a lot of different ways to check. you wont be banned by putting your char attacking and change screen to go heal yourself.

​Got it. Thank you for clarification.

​San0 said that its very simple to recognize ingame macro (that is legal) from the 3rd party programm pushing the buttons (that is not) just simple watching the character in game.

​no i didnt... what i said was this.

​San0 said that its very simple to recognize ingame macro (that is legal) from the 3rd party programm pushing the buttons (that is not) just simple watching the character in game.

​I see it now. Can you describe those ways in in detail?

​Of course not, if he would then most bot programs would patch it up.

Im not asking to link the source code of such "different ways to check". Im asking SOMETHING but just words. I'm worried and want to find out this case because any char can be banned just for nothing and without any proof ppl may just loose their cols

Im not asking to link the source code of such "different ways to check". Im asking SOMETHING but just words. I'm worried and want to find out this case because any char can be banned just for nothing and without any proof ppl may just loose their cols

​I think they must show evidence (proof) when they ban you so I would not worry. If you are not doing anything shady (3rd party software) you have nothing to worry about. 

I hope proof/evidence would be in screenshots/videos and not just GM observing and then banning.

​I think they must show evidence (proof) when they ban you so I would not worry. If you are not doing anything shady (3rd party software) you have nothing to worry about. 

I hope proof/evidence would be in screenshots/videos and not just GM observing and then banning.

​I completely agree. One cannot just say you are bot!

I see everyone too busy discussing bot rules that forgot to follow others.

Warnings to Tuss and fuze for multiquoting

If you are not using any 3rd party software or tool or wtv, you have nothing to worry about. If you are and you got jailed, submit a ticket to support. Everything will be discussed there. Simple as that. All who got jailed, had a reason, not a single person was jailed for nothing.

Why admins should show any proofs to anyone for banning someone? God not showing up and not giving reason why someone was hitted by a car.

Why admins should show any proofs to anyone for banning someone? God not showing up and not giving reason why someone was hitted by a car.

​There is no god.