Sign in to follow this  
Shaeyn

Party 9/9, why is it a big deal?

I don't understand the point of people being so angry about 9/9 not being fixed yet.  

Is there some sort of extreme bonus a 9/9 party gets?

Other than pvp, who really wants to run around in a 9/9 party to pve?  Splitting money 9 ways seems a bit aweful to me.  Maybe I'm just ignorant.  Someone enlighten me?

alot of active players came here with the idea of full CP in mind. now they are limited to 7 + 2 gaming. its obviously a problem for groups who play together as cp for extended time.

also the bonus of experience in party system is based on number of players in party. at this moment with 7 max players on party, i believe you are limited to 70% bonus. there is more information available if you are to search for it.

9/9 party gives you 100% exp bonus.

While 7/7 is just 70%.

​200% / 9 = 22.2% for each Player.
170% / 7 = 24.3% for each Player.

So with 7/7 gets everyone per mob even more EXP than 9/9
Also you must run between the Kills to the next mob, so that kill rate is not significantly higher at 9/9 to 7/7.
So only the EXP% it could not be.

While 7/7 is just 70%.

Also you must run between the Kills to the next mob, so that kill rate is not significantly higher at 9/9 to 7/7.

​if u count with the factor that every dd deals the same dmg its a difference of 40% in dmg.

so its a big factor in my opinion.

While 7/7 is just 70%.

​Even if the percentage of exp is slightly slower per kill, having 2 extra people in a party drastically increases the speed at which your party kills stuff. Think about:

PP, SWS, BD, 4x Archers vs. 6x Archers. 2 whole archers more for 2% less per mob? That is definitely worth, and will definitely increase the capability of parties to tackle more challenging stuff.

Also just the fact that, as someone said before, people who have played L2 came to the server expecting the capability to party with 9 of their friends. Not being able to is just a let down.

Ppl is leaving the server because of the 7 party bug . I have alot of support friends that cant get into the py because of this. But , hey! , we allways have starter pack -.-

Are you, guys, serious? NCsoft made party 9/9 for reasons. It was always 9 people full party back in the day. Before shitty update... Everyone one was upset when it came out, coz they had to dismiss 2 members from their party. Parties became weaker. Obviously, possibilities of 9 people is way more higher than of 7 people. You can farm more mobs, you can DPS more. Dont you understand, that the party is a unit. Unit becomes weaker when its not full, and when I say full I mean 9 ppl, not 7. 

Another point of view on the problem is a simple math. Basically, 5 parties with 7/7 is 35 people, when with 9/9 its 45. We have 5 parties that missing 10 people. It's not that hard to imagine how much weaker they are. So to compinsate that loss you need to gather more parties. More parties=Harder to organize.

If you still dont find 7/7 worse than 9/9, we can go even more deeper into the problem. It becomes clear that party lose much of efficiency. For example, you have one party that have warcryer/sws/bd/bishop. That means you have a party that consists on 4/7 of supports and 3/7 dds. When with the 9/9 its 4/9 supps and 5/9 dds. 3 dds vs 5 dds. 5 dds have 40% more damage if you do math. You have more than one supp on one dd. So if you apply this on a whole server there must be more supports than dds on a server. But it's conversely, there are more dds, but they cant fit in, coz there's no room for them in a party. Hence, two poor dds always aside somewhere.

7/7: 5 parties = 35 people = 20 supps / 15 dds = 60% DPS

9/9: 5 parties = 45 people = 20 supps / 25 dds = 100% DPS

Of course you dont feel 7/7 bad, coz you either solo player, either less than [paste lvl here] that can easily farm with 60% dps coz mobs are weak.

While 7/7 is just 70%.

​if u count with the factor that every dd deals the same dmg its a difference of 40% in dmg.

so its a big factor in my opinion.

Yes you may have 40% more damage, but only in the period where you are fighting.
In the period where you pull mobs, or wait for respwan or run to next mob, it does not matter how much damage you have.
So 40% more damage, not equal to 40% more speed kill.
If you have a good spot where you can fight constantly, are + 40% Damage already a good thing. If the spot is not so good have the + 40% less effect.

Also just the fact that, as someone said before, people who have played L2 came to the server expecting the capability to party with 9 of their friends. Not being able to is just a let down.

That's the point, in my opinion.

l2 has a lot of support class, 7 slots in a pt is not enought, especially for orc shaman when orc's speacial field is on pvp not for farming, i dont see many orc shaman players around anymore, even me if without CP i had just quit 1 month ago

Judging from the number of classes and roles ncsoft came up with it makes sense to have 9ppl in party. I believe they updated to 7 because they merged the roll of some supports.

So imo the reasoning that in 9 ppl you make more dps or what not it's faulty.

If people would accept 7ppl party I'm sure they will find great ways to organize efficient PVE and PVP parties.
But thats not an issue to deal with as 9/9 is coming in the next weeks.

Judging from the number of classes and roles ncsoft came up with it makes sense to have 9ppl in party. I believe they updated to 7 because they merged the roll of some supports.

If people would accept 7ppl party I'm sure they will find great ways to organize efficient PVE and PVP parties.

​And what makes you think its comign in the next weeks? This has been bugged for like 8+ months, they knew about this like 6 months before server opening and its still not fixed.

l2 has a lot of support class, 7 slots in a pt is not enought, especially for orc shaman when orc's speacial field is on pvp not for farming, i dont see many orc shaman players around anymore, even me if without CP i had just quit 1 month ago

​I cant even find active SE mains for my clan, it's fucking retarded, people dont want to play supports anymore with this shit because they know the spots are limited and people are forced to make choices in the supports department if they want to keep up damage wise.

hmm,you guys are soo negative, its realy hard to see the good side?

in this way boters will leave the server(some of them allready did),and few that will remain we will report and zbang out.

​And what makes you think its comign in the next weeks? This has been bugged for like 8+ months, they knew about this like 6 months before server opening and its still not fixed.

​oooo i din't knew that this bug its soo old,but its nice to see that they had time to create auction house and wheel of luck.

Auction House and Wheel of Luck are created by one admins and the party bug must fixed by the engineers, and isn't easy to fix.

Might not be easy to fix, but not to justify it taking more than 8 months in my opinion, and i'm not trying to trash talk the staff, i still like the server and they are doing a good job with other things, but this should have been a priority since this bug was reported, it's completely game changing/breaking.

Might not be easy to fix, but not to justify it taking more than 8 months in my opinion, and i'm not trying to trash talk the staff, i still like the server and they are doing a good job with other things, but this should have been a priority since this bug was reported, it's completely game changing/breaking.

​8 month ?

When did i play the beta.. as i did register.. and it worked with 9 people or atleast i can´t remember we just had 7 people in our cp.

w/e... a fix is needed.. it still works with 7 but well 9 is sweeter anyways.