Sign in to follow this  
Rinzler

News in 1.5 for Summoners

• Mass Summon Aqua Cubic - Elemental summoner
  • Mass Summon Storm Cubic - Warlock
  • Mass Summon Phantom Cubic - Phantom summoner
  • Summon Feline Queen - Warlock (max skill lvl available will be lvl 8 only so pet skills will be max lvl 2 only)
  • Summon Seraphim the Unicorn - Elemental Summoner (max skill lvl available will be lvl 8 only so pet skills will be max lvl 2 only)
  • Summon Nightshade - Phantom Summoner (max skill lvl available will be lvl 8 only so pet skills will be max lvl 2 only)

Hello everyone,

San0 requested that discussions regarding the update were not held on the topic. So, I decided to bring it to the discussion of news for the Summoner class. I would like to comment that I see as positive and meet the promised, presented in other posts of the administration become more attractive classes for parties.
But point out that as interesting as they are, do not change 2 questions:

- The char Summoner is very limited in the Classic, with the level of spells 35 impossible to make up ground after a certain level.
- The Summons no damage, no matter how it is, physical or magical as it was presented in other topics.

I say this when I compare the class to others that have summons, Tankers, Warsmiths, necromancers. I ask to examine in such cases, the summon, no matter what, participates in class is something to add to the character. In the case of Summoner his summon is the essence of the class.
A Necromancer without your summon can kill it in PvE or PvP.
A Dark Avenger without your panther, can fulfill their functions without any problems.
That is, the conditions of summons in these classes are placed in the background.

Open to discussions that the changes comply with the promised, but do not solve the implicit Summoner problem in version in chronic.

I agree, it's not yet what it supposed to be. But lets be glad administration took it under construction. We will see how its gonna work after update and then consider.
Spirit Sharing, buff pet (nerfed but still), new locations - its not much, but considering what we had till this time it brings alot for possibility for those class to be playable - i hope it will be.

Lets be on good though. I would leave it like it is atm, ur topic is not necessary it will bring only not need hate from players that never tried to bring something to Classic.

And to all of those haters i dunno why they prefer to not see those class at all ingame instead of giving it shot.
Why nobody is talking about Glad with ranged stun+sonic move and they re scared of summoner getting imba boost - nope its not getting any boost, it try to be playable.

Well, my opinion... actually nice improvment for summoners, i really like it. I ´m not playing one but after that pain they had suffered so far i wish them luck with these changes :) 

We will see how it change the game for them. Warlock will be welcomed in every archer pt (not sure about usuall fighter parties bcs everyone is doing aoe  so they do dmg through skills and not general attack). If he dont find pt he can just solonuke (35 lvl spell) like nowdays with his infinite MP, maybe even better than now due to new solo locations than will come into play. But this update IMO would be gamechanger for ES. As I said everoyne is doing aoe so MP regen buff will be needed every time in every party. ES´s solo situation is similar as warlocks. Generally very good change for these two classes.

But i am very curious about Phantom summoners. They will become quiet good for melee solo even without pet shots. Focus+DW+guidance from nightshade + shield+might (even lvl1 from himself) + potions, spirit sharing... So they could safely get +12STR dye and PL set all the way through B/A grade bcs of nightshade agro (and sacrifice heal if things get bad). Also they can become good option for small scaled solotarget melee pt where they can offer almost 4 roles for one slot in pt (tank, DD, " basic buffer" and healer) + best mass cubic for melees. I am looking forward to see gfBot reply to these changes :) honestly i am considering starting PS too, i really like that class (mainly look of his summons and dark elf female boobs). :D 

Generally 1.5 update will bring small parties finally into game and PS can actually benefit from it most of all chars IMO. 

• Like 1

I agree, it's not yet what it supposed to be. But lets be glad administration took it under construction. We will see how its gonna work after update and then consider.
Spirit Sharing, buff pet (nerfed but still), new locations - its not much, but considering what we had till this time it brings alot for possibility for those class to be playable - i hope it will be.

Lets be on good though. I would leave it like it is atm, ur topic is not necessary it will bring only not need hate from players that never tried to bring something to Classic.

And to all of those haters i dunno why they prefer to not see those class at all ingame instead of giving it shot.
Why nobody is talking about Glad with ranged stun+sonic move and they re scared of summoner getting imba boost - nope its not getting any boost, it try to be playable.

​Glad is OP even now, it will not change much when they get sonic move IMO. I just hope they add some skill someday for SWS too (now we have only one skill with low power and 15sec cooldown)... i know it is skill with silence but still.. i miss some skill like deadly strike when i pvp 1v1. 
My apologies to thread creator for off topic.

But i am very curious about Phantom summoners. They will become quiet good for melee solo even without pet shots. Focus+DW+guidance from nightshade + shield+might (even lvl1 from himself) + potions, spirit sharing... So they could safely get +12STR dye and PL set all the way through B/A grade bcs of nightshade agro (and sacrifice heal if things get bad). Also they can become good option for small scaled solotarget melee pt where they can offer almost 4 roles for one slot in pt (tank, DD, " basic buffer" and healer) + best mass cubic for melees. I am looking forward to see gfBot reply to these changes :) honestly i am considering starting PS too, i really like that class (mainly look of his summons and dark elf female boobs). :D 

+16 str -16 con build: 
​With +12 str - 15 con / pl set, I have 39 str (same as a human fighter) but I have ~946 hp with power supremacy on @ lvl 57. And ~600 patk. 
Its very risky with this setup, because one soul shot crit from a mob, and you're at half hp. 
With -16 con. You can only carry 3k shots on you without going overweight.
If you do this build, you either can go back to town and receive a blessing of light every hour and restock, or you need to have a dwarf and drop shots/potions on the ground. 

+16 str - 15 dex - 1 con:
Viable build right now. Might not be good once you get a decent amount of focus buffs. 

No dyes: 
Zuk is running this build. I don't like it. You might as well exploit the fuck out of +12 dyes while you can. 

Sacrifice: 
By the time you use sacrifice on your summon, you're already dead. I would probably never use this skill.
One healing pot will be just fine to get me back up to full hp. 

Focus/DW/Guidance Self Buff: 
With the focus/guidance/dw. I really dont think its going to benefit me that much. Its the same reason why I dont have a boxed PP with me. 
Summons have a static 44 crit. With focus lvl 3, itd go up to ~57. It doesnt change it at all tbh.  
My crit rate with dual swords goes to 72->94. +22 crit rate. [+25 with spirit sharing (+3% crit rate)]
My crit rate with a dagger goes to 108->140. +32 crit rate. [+36 with spirit sharing (+3% crit rate)]

Curse of shade:
Stacks with phantom cubic
Has an agro effect. Decreases pdef/mdef of target.
It will be the reason why I use nightshade over shadow.

Mass Curse of shade
Its decent. Depends if a party will let you in though. You will most probably have to pull mobs though, which can be very dangerous since you're in light armor / robes. 

Curse of shade on a level 58 ps vs level 58 wl. [All skills learned]
Warlock's Pdef/Mdef with no buffs: 454 - 562
Warlock's Pdef with hex (effect 3): 359
Warlock's ​Pdef/Mdef with curse of shade (effect 1): 429 - 533
Warlock's Pdef with hex (effect 3) and curse of shade (effect 1): 340

Curse of shade on a level 74 ps vs level 74 wl. [All skills learned]
Warlock's Pdef/Mdef with no buffs: 511 - 638
Warlock's Pdef with hex (effect 3): 406
Warlock's ​Pdef/Mdef with curse of shade (effect 3): 465 - 585
Warlock's Pdef with hex (effect 3) and curse of shade (effect 3): 371

Curse of shade/Gloom level 23 on a level 74 ps vs level 74 wl. [All skills learned]
Warlock Mdef with no buffs: 638
Warlock Mdef with gloom (-23% mdef): 516
Warlock Mdef with gloom and Curse of shade (effect 3): 475

+16 str -16 con build: 
​With +12 str - 15 con / pl set, I have 39 str (same as a human fighter) but I have ~946 hp with power supremacy on @ lvl 57. And ~600 patk. 
Its very risky with this setup, because one soul shot crit from a mob, and you're at half hp. 
With -16 con. You can only carry 3k shots on you without going overweight.
If you do this build, you either can go back to town and receive a blessing of light every hour and restock, or you need to have a dwarf and drop shots/potions on the ground. 

+16 str - 15 dex - 1 con:
Viable build right now. Might not be good once you get a decent amount of focus buffs. 

No dyes: 
Zuk is running this build. I don't like it. You might as well exploit the fuck out of +12 dyes while you can. 

Sacrifice: 
By the time you use sacrifice on your summon, you're already dead. I would probably never use this skill.
One healing pot will be just fine to get me back up to full hp. 

Focus/DW/Guidance Self Buff: 
With the focus/guidance/dw. I really dont think its going to benefit me that much. Its the same reason why I dont have a boxed PP with me. 
Summons have a static 44 crit. With focus lvl 3, itd go up to ~57. It doesnt change it at all tbh.  
My crit rate with dual swords goes to 72->94. +22 crit rate. [+25 with spirit sharing (+3% crit rate)]
My crit rate with a dagger goes to 108->140. +32 crit rate. [+36 with spirit sharing (+3% crit rate)]

Curse of shade:
Stacks with phantom cubic
Has an agro effect. Decreases pdef/mdef of target.
It will be the reason why I use nightshade over shadow.

Mass Curse of shade
Its decent. Depends if a party will let you in though. You will most probably have to pull mobs though, which can be very dangerous since you're in light armor / robes. 

Curse of shade on a level 58 ps vs level 58 wl. [All skills learned]
Warlock's Pdef/Mdef with no buffs: 454 - 562
Warlock's Pdef with hex (effect 3): 359
Warlock's ​Pdef/Mdef with curse of shade (effect 1): 429 - 533
Warlock's Pdef with hex (effect 3) and curse of shade (effect 1): 340

Curse of shade on a level 74 ps vs level 74 wl. [All skills learned]
Warlock's Pdef/Mdef with no buffs: 511 - 638
Warlock's Pdef with hex (effect 3): 406
Warlock's ​Pdef/Mdef with curse of shade (effect 3): 465 - 585
Warlock's Pdef with hex (effect 3) and curse of shade (effect 3): 371

Curse of shade/Gloom level 23 on a level 74 ps vs level 74 wl. [All skills learned]
Warlock Mdef with no buffs: 638
Warlock Mdef with gloom (-23% mdef): 516
Warlock Mdef with gloom and Curse of shade (effect 3): 475

​in some things i compeltelly agree, in some i am not. I think you are tooo sceptical.

Of course Nightshade all the way (if it will really have that "new" boosted stats not that old crapy ones). 

I cant see reason why not -16CON... just use nightshade agro before you attack on mob and you are safe. And i dont think you will spend 3k SS in one hour with consumtion x1. Nightshade sacrifice wasnt that bad as you describe as far as i remember. I think it had same or simialr casting time as heal. But it will be slower cos no shots yet.. but for healing between mobs is good... or simulate the role of healer in small scaled party (if you have tank he has more HP than you so you will have plenty of time to sometimes heal him (talking about solo target)). If you dont have tank... well, nightshade can tank too and you will need his sacrifice very rarely. Also i am not that sceptical about his buffs. It can help you find some partner for duo exp (focus and DW are the most important buffs for melees).and focus would add more crit rate if you dont have -15 dex. As I said, IMO you see the world too pesimistic, these changes are very nice for you (nightshade OP)... 

They're just my predictions. I can't really tell because SOS isn't on the PTS yet. /:

The reasoning to go -dex instead of -con, is because if you play with the dyes on the PTS, you can easily see that you only lose minimal stats. 

Aka 10 crit and 50 attack speed.
Accuracy and evasion don't matter on classic. I went and pved for 20 minutes on the PTS with both dyes. It looks bad on paper, but in reality, its pretty decent. 

If the new solo hunting zones have AOE skills, you wont be able to go -16 con. 

In 2.0, they change DEX to make it more meaningful, you probably won't be able to go -dex when that update arrives. But that could take years. 

dyes.thumb.jpg.b4fd0243b89d5829ca0ff27a1

• Like 1

okay, you are right probably... i though that -15 dex would change stats much more :o so probably i will also change my dyes on sws from -15 str to -15 dex :D it really takes almsot nothing...