Sign in to follow this  
GrimoireWeiss

Warning to people that fish in Giran harbor

I recommend you to avoid using those side platforms that are connected to piers. They count as non peace zones so people can kill you there and abuse the ability to not be attacked as peace zone is few steps away.
I met this fine player killing everyone he is able to. Then when his char got killed he brought +60 archer which I assume is his main. Not trying to shame him as he did it all by himself. Just want people to know. Those that died around 3am can say thanks to this guy.
1.jpg.a56c33c10e22583701d7e8b53e00c7dc.jpg

• Like 3

Most people know that not all place in giran harbor is without attack.
 Nowhere is it written that fishing can be afk without responsibility. 
This is a part of the game. There is nothing wrong with the picture. 
If you are going to steal a dragon valey afk and who will kill you too will you blame?

Most people know that not all place in giran harbor is without attack. Nowhere is it written that fishing can be afk without responsibility. This is a part of the game. There is nothing wrong with the picture. If you are going to steal a dragon valey afk and who will kill you too will you blame?

i think what sano and other admins wants was to let newbies can easily get free teleport to trade zone without affect other features, if set free tp to giran from everytown then have Giran CH would be meaningless and at siege ppl can easily tp to giran for def/attack

i think its more sense to make GH no more available fishing zone

2 hours ago, qloc01 said:

i think what sano and other admins wants was to let newbies can easily get free teleport to trade zone without affect other features, if set free tp to giran from everytown then have Giran CH would be meaningless and at siege ppl can easily tp to giran for def/attack

i think its more sense to make GH no more available fishing zone

Congratz on 1000th post :P

Anyway... Giran is already basically free TP already because you can TP to GH and SoE (for me as EE with return it's literally free). It's a non-issue really, if anyone's really bothered about it, let's just make free teleports until lv 20 and disable free TPing to Giran. This would support local sales as well.

• Like 1

I still don't get the hate that GH is getting. To me it was an great idea. It's huge, has plenty of trading area without any obstacles (like the statues in middle of giran). Free access was a great idea as well. Last but not least, I know it's more of a one time benefit for  most but doing 2nd prof quests is a lot less annoying nowadays. On the servers where most of trading was traditionally done in Giran, every part of quest that required porting into Giran, was taking considerably more time to do. There were some FPS drops, spam in the chat, long loading times etc etc.

Although im a non-factor player (and not talking about that clan :D) for the most part, and my vote prob doesn't matter at this moment, but I strongly support the idea of GH being the trading zone and strongly dissagree with moving trading zone to any other town because of above reasons :f

And now imagine having 100 shops in giran and lag everytime you port for siege / ch / going LOA  . I always hated shops in towns.

3 hours ago, Yomana said:

And now imagine having 100 shops in giran and lag everytime you port for siege / ch / going LOA  . I always hated shops in towns.

The insane lag in GH is caused by the extra fishers, remember that it was playable back in 1.5. Also Giran square is much smaller area, and because Giran is specifically designed to be a trading center, many shops would be spread across the city - crystal sellers around Luxury store, low equip sellers around armor/weapon shop, material sellers from ivy, out middle through the connector to the Taurin, talisman sellers in front of the luxury shop etc., some Dye sellers in Magic shop etc. etc. The initial lagspike would be nonexistent.

6 hours ago, FinalFen said:

I still don't get the hate that GH is getting. To me it was an great idea. It's huge, has plenty of trading area without any obstacles (like the statues in middle of giran). Free access was a great idea as well. Last but not least, I know it's more of a one time benefit for  most but doing 2nd prof quests is a lot less annoying nowadays. On the servers where most of trading was traditionally done in Giran, every part of quest that required porting into Giran, was taking considerably more time to do. There were some FPS drops, spam in the chat, long loading times etc etc.

Although im a non-factor player (and not talking about that clan :D) for the most part, and my vote prob doesn't matter at this moment, but I strongly support the idea of GH being the trading zone and strongly dissagree with moving trading zone to any other town because of above reasons :f

I agree that GH is far more comfortable, but then again, you know what else would be comfortable? Free NPC buffer. But the important factor here is that both NPC buffer and custom free teleport to a custom area are insanely anti-classic. People who want comfortable gameplay seek other kinds of servers. Giran has been a trading area for almost 14 years and is an embodiment of a classic Lineage 2.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

I agree that GH is far more comfortable, but then again, you know what else would be comfortable? Free NPC buffer. But the important factor here is that both NPC buffer and custom free teleport to a custom area are insanely anti-classic. People who want comfortable gameplay seek other kinds of servers. Giran has been a trading area for almost 14 years and is an embodiment of a classic Lineage 2.

Guess you have a point with the nostalgia factor that dissapeared when trading area was moved from Giran. With that said personally I stopped looking at the nostalgia factor in classic chronicles. Why ? Because there's nothing classic in l2 classic :< I mean sure you have limited equipment/map and levels but that's pretty much all. You have completely different pvp meta/balance, different farming meta, different skills, different drops from mobs, different enchantments (i.e. runes instead of SA)) etc... Even old c6 felt more like C3 than classic 1.5 did/does :f

If classic was like REAL classic-old style chronicles c3-c4 I would completely support your idea because it would simply match the general theme. But since classic is simply a completely different/new chronicle - one Giran trading zone won't make the game feel like in the good old days while bringing some unneeded annoyance factor mentioned above :f