Sign in to follow this  
Binturong

Casual needs to pick class

Hello!

So, out of nostalgia i decided to try out lineage classic on this server. I wont play much untill winter, and even then i probably wont stay for more then 3 hours a day. I realize that lineage was always about long run, CPs and clans, and that those things require dedication and a lot of time. I cant really give either, which means i will most likely play with randoms. Here is the deal, a support class cant do jackshit on its own (PVP wise), but a DD (except summoner) cant do jackshit anywhere without buffs. Or that used to be the case. I have no idea how the community or the population is, so im sort of stuck between picking WC/BD (in hopes i could somehow kill someone when stars align) or picking gladiator/treasure hunter (in hopes i can get into a pt with buffers, so i can actually play). Im leaning for WC/BD if its very difficult to get buffs/parties, Glad/TH if there is no problem getting groups. Please, tell me which approach to take, considering server status (im getting to download the game on sunday evening).

Thanks!

depends what do u expect
wc - lot of ppl have buffer box, but there is still need for buffer either in RB pt or aoe pt
      - pvp solo, well, if your opponent is around your lvl, u can land sleep and then even stun him (i saw OL winning tyrant just because OL perma stunned tyrant), so its doable

bd - ppl take it for both RB pt/aoe pt once u get good dances, also has nice dps if u farm solo
     - in solo pvp u cannot do much tho

glad - good for AoE parties, if u have bow they will invite u for RB pt as well (because of war cry)
        - very good pvp class, because of range/close stun and big burst dmg

TH - pretty much useless in pve, pretty much only way how to lvl it up is to either leech some pt or RBs (if u are unlucky and RBs are offline at the moment u log, well, too bad)
      - in pvp ppl say dagger is bad, but from what i realised they pretty much just suck with it, daggers making really good dmg, but atm they are too squishy because most of the fights are kiting fights (so nothing for dagger), but 1vs1 it has potential because of trick/switch interruption of skills, ALSO if u are planning for long time, i believe dagger will be one of the most fun classes to play in oly if u know what u are doing

tho take into consideration that u cant pvp much higher lvl chars with any of those, because lvl makes really big difference in landing/resisting of debuffs

• Like 2

man im th and its hard . but... as he said. its fun... what can i say.. i love th and make me happy. :P

but raise lv its............... like dead... leech or good bow u.u

man im th and its hard . but... as he said. its fun... what can i say.. i love th and make me happy. :P

but raise lv its............... like dead... leech or good bow u.u

​yeah, in pve u cannot offer much, but i feel like every other class depends on landing debuffs except dagger, thats why its fun imo

Thanks for replies, but they dont rly answer the question. How is server status? Are there enough live/boxed Support So i can play DD, or the situation is bad and its better to roll Support? Ty

Thanks for replies, but they dont rly answer the question. How is server status? Are there enough live/boxed Support So i can play DD, or the situation is bad and its better to roll Support? Ty

​dunno, i told u what kind of pts u can roll with each class, what are your pvp possibilities, dunno what more u need to know

what i can say is dont start something u dont like to play just so u can get pt, because u will eventually quit, rather play something u like and make it special, and u will find way so ppl will invite u to pt

​Let me put it this way: at low levels, most people box supports, and when they play solo, they're mostly DDs. At 40+ I think it would be better, but chances are you'd get bored before you'd get there since leveling up DD without buffer is a pain xD.

If I was you, I'd either roll summoner (who is quite self-sustainable) or box the buffer :) 

​dunno, i told u what kind of pts u can roll with each class, what are your pvp possibilities, dunno what more u need to know

what i can say is dont start something u dont like to play just so u can get pt, because u will eventually quit, rather play something u like and make it special, and u will find way so ppl will invite u to pt

​And i am very thankfull for your insight. I crossed out WC and TH, because the amount of failed dots (or blows) resulted in perhaps the most humiliating rekts (although running TH with nick Rektangle has some pull into it). I will toss a coin between bd and glad. I think i will stick to glad, because bd cant do much against pretty much anyone except pulling out bow and praying for crit (which isnt reliable, since its around 16% with focus)

The problem if u wont join clan, u wont have daily pvp. But if u will, u can't do anything solo. Classic is about 9 people party.

If u just want to farm withouth dual box go ES. Till u reach 55 it will be already beast shots.

If u farm with dual box and want to have sometimes parties go wc+BD.(But still noone will pick because u will have +12 str, and u will need +12 con, maybe slow rb, some pvp for.dance.)

And if u farm with dual box and want some pvp damage class. I suggest going SE+gladi/tyrant/warlord/spoil/destro/ws. And if some spot u need bers or healler u can pick prp as trio.exp.