Sign in to follow this  
yeahu

Dagger

the "strength" increases the strength :) The higher your strength, the stronger will of course be critical strikes.

translate.google.com

back in time when i used to play L2 ,STR did def. effect the damage by a little and i did test it by myself.

Setup 1: AW, plated leather, +5 str -5 con - thats a +9 str in total

Setup 2: AW, Doom Heavy -5 str + 5 con - thats a - 8 str in total

thats a - 17 STR difference  ...Damage was decreased by 400 each Deadly Blow...that was c5/interlude time.

also STR effected the Critical Strike chance/success rate and thats a 100% official fact.

The damage increase by + STR was never official but as i say i tested it tons of times and it has 100% influence at the stab damage, its not much because its about 17 STR in difference but still 400 damage is a noticeable difference

Ability/Effect
STR
Increases amount of physical damage.
DEX
Increases attack speed, physical skill speed, accuracy, evasion, critical hit probability, success rate of dagger skills (such as Deadly Blow), shield defense success rate, and movement speed.
CON
Increases maximum HP and CP, HP recovery speed, weight limit, underwater breath gauge, shock resistance, and bleeding resistance.
INT
Increases damage of magic attacks and success rate of curse spells.
WIT
Increases chance of magic critical hits, casting speed, resistance to Hold, resistance to curses (such as HP degeneration, decreased HP recovery rate, increased skill re-use time, and decreased effect of heals).
MEN
Increases magic defense, maximum MP, MP recovery speed, poison resistance, and curse resistance. Decreases probability of magic interruption.
To change these ability values, a symbol can be created through the Symbol Maker.

DEX
Increases attack speed, physical skill speed, accuracy, evasion, critical hit probability, success rate of dagger skills (such as Deadly Blow), shield defense success rate, and movement speed.

wrong.

in Classic it's CON that increases shield defense rate, and DEX does not affect running speed anymore.

Basic skills

Combat effectiveness

Basic skills

Combat effectiveness

STR

ATK

Physical Critical Damage

INT

Depends,

Magical Critical Damage

DEX

Physical Hit

Physical avoidance

Attack speed

Physical Critical Rate

WIT

Magic hit / spell avoidance

Magic Speed

Magical Resistance odds

Spell critical chance

CON

Maximum HP / HP recovery

Weight / hide

Shield defense probability of success

MEN

Maximum MP / MP recovery

Magical Resistance

Magic cancel probability

SOURCE 

What google translate did not get:

• Physical hit = Accuracy
  • Hide = Armor (skin toughness ;) )
  • Depends = M.attack
  • Magic hit = Magic accuracy
  • Magic Speed = Casting speed
  • Magical Resistance odds = Chance not to faill the spell / Chance to ressist spell (dont know which one of these :/ )
  • Magical Resistance = M.def
  • Magic cancel probability = Chance not to get casting interrupted

Full stat list from classic :

- STR : P. Atk, Crit. Damage
- DEX : Crit Chance, Accuracy, Evasion, Atk. Speed
- CON : Max HP, HP Regen, Max CP, Weight limit, Breath, Shield Def. Success Rate,Resistance to physical skill attack (stun, bleed, etc).
- INT : M. Atk, M. Crit. Damage
- WIT : M. Crit. Chance, M. Accuracy, M. Evasion, Casting speed, EXP boost from resurrection
- MEN : M. Def, Max MP, MP Recovery, Resist Magic Cancel Rate, Resistance to mental skill attack, etc

In fact, if you up your STR with a Dagger, your Blow should be more powerful because STR affect skill power.

But for Skill Crit. Damage, it's different, if you have buff (death whisper or whatever crit dmg buff), your blow damage don't count these buff.

Increasing STR will always increase your blow dmg. I don't remember whole calculation for blow dmg. But i remember that there is taken into account skill power and patk against pdef and armor type. And STR always increases patk, so it will increase blow dmg ever so slightly even if it doesnt increase skill power :)

back in time when i used to play L2 ,STR did def. effect the damage by a little and i did test it by myself.

thats a - 17 STR difference  ...Damage was decreased by 400 each Deadly Blow...that was c5/interlude time.

also STR effected the Critical Strike chance/success rate and thats a 100% official fact.

The damage increase by + STR was never official but as i say i tested it tons of times and it has 100% influence at the stab damage, its not much because its about 17 STR in difference but still 400 damage is a noticeable difference

​The effect of STR on dagger skill damage OF COURSE WAS official since day one. While lot less than others, dagger skills are still affected by p.atk., and therefore by STR as well. In classic STR is also supposed to slightly raise crit. dmg. modifier (for both skills and regular critical hits).

From purely PvP point of view, i doubt raising STR is worth it for daggers, but STR will be your main source of damage in PvE and with a bow.

​The effect of STR on dagger skill damage OF COURSE WAS official since day one. While lot less than others, dagger skills are still affected by p.atk., and therefore by STR as well. In classic STR is also supposed to slightly raise crit. dmg. modifier (for both skills and regular critical hits).

From purely PvP point of view, i doubt raising STR is worth it for daggers, but STR will be your main source of damage in PvE and with a bow.

​what i ment to say is it was never official announced by NcSoft that STR increase blow damage.

​what i ment to say is it was never official announced by NcSoft that STR increase blow damage.

​Well, not technically, but it's not exactly a secret, that STR ~ p.atk. ~ dmg.

Is the dex not affecting run speed thing unique to this server? That seems dumb, because when tattoos came out the only reason I wanted them was to run faster on my AW. Related to this topic, I took 4 points out of STR for the Dex (for the run speed / evasion) because dagger damage is mainly crit based. You'd of course lose a little damage from killing your str, but P. Atk. was never the primary damage source for the stabs. It was all the crit power passives and buffs you had that made the real difference.

P. Atk on a dagger made the biggest difference on regular attack crits (PvE) where the couple hundred damage you'd gain would make a difference. SS spamming a player with normal attacks would usually get a dagger killed.

I think the reason behind all this is because if you look at the "power" on a given skill, dagger powers are really high. I think P. Atk gets added to that, which ends up not being a whole lot compared to the original skill power. 

Alright, I guess I'm getting the word classic mixed up with what the word classic means. That's a dumb change and isn't classic.

Well, Classic != C1.

Classic is NCsoft's attempt to recreate what little changes they did right, over the years and incorporating them into the old chronicles.

Well, they noticed that GOD as a step in a wrong direction. They tried to repair it in alter updates, but its almost impossible.

Therefore clean sheet start in Classic chronicle.

When they say that STR influences P critical dmg is kinda obvious and dumb at same time... If u increase your base Dmg, so your crit also increases lol... But what I was trying to check is if the critical multiplier, lets say 1,5x normal hit, would be 2x normal hit with increased STR...

I guess they didnt change anything, because I made some tests with difference of 15 str and couldnt notice so much... So I guess its still the same and crit multplier doesnt change, so STR only add to your Patack, nothing more... 

When they say that STR influences P critical dmg is kinda obvious and dumb at same time... If u increase your base Dmg, so your crit also increases lol... But what I was trying to check is if the critical multiplier, lets say 1,5x normal hit, would be 2x normal hit with increased STR...

I guess they didnt change anything, because I made some tests with difference of 15 str and couldnt notice so much... So I guess its still the same and crit multplier doesnt change, so STR only add to your Patack, nothing more... 

​Exactly how I see it as well. However it's a bit confusing since they added the crit damage in the description, but not for example power of physical skills, which is pretty much the same situation.

But what I was trying to check is if the critical multiplier, lets say 1,5x normal hit, would be 2x normal hit with increased STR...

​If there is increase in critical dmg from STR, it wont be multiplier that is increased, it would be flat number increase just like vicious stance did it when turned on. Increasing multiplier would be too powerfull imo.