Sign in to follow this  
Diseased

Party setup

Hi all just wondered peoples thoughts whats the best party setup, i'll have 2 pc's one with a premium account so may have 3 slots to work with. potentially 4 depending on how much premium accounts are.

My end goal is to have either a BD or Archer main (probably dark elf). depending on how the server plays out, if im in a clan or not, but it'll be either one of these two classes.

What i was thinking, for my initial party was;  Spoiler,Bd, either WC or Prophet.

and once i've got my spoiler to a decent level where i can farm c - b grade gear i'll either play bd as main or create an archer.

what are peoples opinions between WC or Prophet early game?  i know a oop Prophet will be better if i do create an archer as a main, but im also worried about not having VR when leveling a spoiler/ bd 

please share your opinions, and reasons why.

I would say PP especially if you are thinking of going Archer as main later. As far as I know vampiric buffs are "chance" based and not constant (I might be wrong). 

Note that PP gets buffs early so it will help lvl your spoiler & archer, it has basic heals (WC does not) so you can heal instead of vampiric buff if your spoiler drops low.

PP is def better in 1.0 classic. in later updates and for the 61+ content WC becomes more useful but you can always make a new one by then. VR really sucks in classic, barely heals anything.

WC. Just the allround better pick. You safe time on buffing and you got the extra survive ability cause of the VR. You just loose a little bit of damage if u lvl up a WC instead of a PP, a fair trade imo.

In all honesty, the buff peak is laughably low in classic 1.0, compared to anything newer than C3. Playing a SR in beta, the only buff that makes some kind of difference for me on my 52nd lvl is berserker spirit. Even the crits are too scarce to feel like focus and DW impact anything (they do, it just feels moot). So effectivity-wise i'd go with archer with a cleric that you kick out at lvl 35. That way you get 80% of buffs (~40% DPS boost on HE, less on elves) for about 5% of the exp time wasted on a char that you don't play.

If you want to have BD along, you'll have to drag him pretty much all the way (that is 47-50% of exp time for some 30% DPS boost).

WC is better for larger parties, althou he lacks some important buffs (zerk, holy weapon). VR is a must for melee and no amount of heal from dual box will fix that.

An honorable notion goes to the jack of all trades - SE. He fits in any party, provides most of what is needed to anyone (well, not exactly, he lacks haste, which IS a big deal in classic). SE however, especially only in duo/dual, can supply you with mana, which might, or might not be a HUGE DPS boost, depending on your playstyle.

Note:i'm too lazy to actually do the math, so the numbers are just estimates.

In all honesty, the buff peak is laughably low in classic 1.0, compared to anything newer than C3. Playing a SR in beta, the only buff that makes some kind of difference for me on my 52nd lvl is berserker spirit. Even the crits are too scarce to feel like focus and DW impact anything (they do, it just feels moot). So effectivity-wise i'd go with archer with a cleric that you kick out at lvl 35. That way you get 80% of buffs (~40% DPS boost on HE, less on elves) for about 5% of the exp time wasted on a char that you don't play.

If you want to have BD along, you'll have to drag him pretty much all the way (that is 47-50% of exp time for some 30% DPS boost).

WC is better for larger parties, althou he lacks some important buffs (zerk, holy weapon). VR is a must for melee and no amount of heal from dual box will fix that.

An honorable notion goes to the jack of all trades - SE. He fits in any party, provides most of what is needed to anyone (well, not exactly, he lacks haste, which IS a big deal in classic). SE however, especially only in duo/dual, can supply you with mana, which might, or might not be a HUGE DPS boost, depending on your playstyle.

Note:i'm too lazy to actually do the math, so the numbers are just estimates.

​SE is better suited for a mage party due to Empower, Wild Magic and Recharge.

they have Vampiric and the other standard fighter buffs just for the sake of fitting in any melee group, in case there's not another mage party available. they're useful for spoilers as well.

the main advantage, compared to EEs, is that they get Empower at 25 and Vampiric at 30, so they're way early on buffs acquisition.

EE has basicly the same role( mage supporter ), the only difference( beside the lack of some fighter buff ) is that they don't have Empower and they get Clarity later on at 58( late bloomers basicly ). they do get Resist Shock at 40 thou, wich is a nice addition for PvP.

anyhow, if someone plans to dualbox with melees, one could simply make a Cleric and lv it up to 35 in order to get the basic Holy Blade and Berserk buffs, then level up a WC to the max and get all the basic benefits for melee groups, including Haste 2, Greater Might and Reflect Damage later on(50+).

I wouldn't really compare SE and EE... SE is the main support and works well in any party, while EE brings very little to the group, mage or otherwise, besides more mana and more damage for fighters in DV. mages need SE before EE, archers need PP->WC->SE and have little use for EE, melees need WC.-> SE and have little use for EE.

Resist shock is great buff, but very conditional (=read:PvP). Clarity comes into play way too late to be of any use (at least in Classic 1.0). There is not even major heal. Oh the days when i played EE and she was actually usefull.... :/ Active EE has significantly better MP management than SE though.

well, in the long run SE and EE are still better suited as mage supporters than any other buffer, but as i said above, EE is kind of a late bloomer since they get all the important stuff( Clarity/WM )way later on in game.

i always looked at EEs as an hybrid Bishop due to similar skills, with the addition of Party Recall in case shit goes wrong.

it's simply a class that's better suited for PvP rather than PvE. too bad that the essential buffs aren't as early as the ones from SE, otherwise they could've found groups easier.

they will still get groups eventually, since everyone will be playing with a scrap of paper and a wooden stick at the beginning. they just won't be a "priority" buffer, that's all.

i always looked at EEs as an hybrid Bishop due to similar skills, with the addition of Party Recall in case shit goes wrong.

EE was excelent healer post IL, better than bishop even, in some scenarios, but there is very little advantage EE has over SE in Classic - not to imply that bishop does or anything...

Honestly, i find the Korean idea of "elf = engame PvP and nothing but pain until then" supremely retarded. At least give me the clarity at some reasonable level. Or song of earth. Or give me increased mana regen in "nature" locations please! (This actually is present in the game - in about two places in peace zone).

Obviosly, a good active support will always find place in groups, if only to keep them from getting their asses handed to them by group of two green mobs at once, but...

Seriously, what is there that a SwS can do for the group, that BD cannot, for the first 5-6 months of playing classic? And don't say "Elemental heal" :D

Seriously, what is there that a SwS can do for the group, that BD cannot, for the first 5-6 months of playing classic? And don't say "Elemental heal" :D

Song of Warding - ​30% Mdef

Song of Hunter - Crit rate 100%

Song of Wind - Move speed + 20

Song of Earth - Pdef 25%

Song of Vitality - HP + 30%

They're stupidly good for PVP.

Seriously, what is there that a SwS can do for the group, that BD cannot, for the first 5-6 months of playing classic? And don't say "Elemental heal" :D

this is kinda offtopic :v

SWS got silence in Classic thou, so at least in PvP they'll actually be more useful than BDs since they can also stop the enemy healers/mages.

Song of Warding - ​30% Mdef

Song of Hunter - Crit rate 100%

Song of Wind - Move speed + 20

Song of Earth - Pdef 25%

Song of Vitality - HP + 30%

They're stupidly good for PVP.

​Song of warding actually has some use in PvP, as well as symphonies, good point there.

Song of hunter = lvl49

Song of wind = lvl52?

Song of earth = lvl 55

Song of vitality = never mind ...

Let's say the average person can be dragged to 49 in 3-4 months of grind. yay, great fun.

Trust me, i tried very hard to convince myself to play one...

It's a investment to up a Swordsinger but he is obligatory for every archer/melee party or pvp party.

Song of Warding - ​lv 40

Song of Wind - lv 46

Song of Hunter - lv 49

Song of Earth - lv 55

Song of Vitality - lv 55

Ok, Earth and Vitality come way after but there are so OP, even if don't have utility before lv 49 (hunter), every smart party/CP will got one.

​Song of warding actually has some use in PvP, as well as symphonies, good point there.

Song of hunter = lvl49

Song of wind = lvl52?

Song of earth = lvl 55

Song of vitality = never mind ...

Let's say the average person can be dragged to 49 in 3-4 months of grind. yay, great fun.

Trust me, i tried very hard to convince myself to play one...

Point I was making, was every PVP group would benefit greatly from a SwS.

BD's and SwS' have always been in a bit of strange position, right up to dance of medusa and things like that. For the most part its cast your songs/dance, and then pull out a bow and slap people around/use arrest to root the targets/healers if they try to run.

Trust me, i tried very hard to convince myself to play one...​

Try harder :D ..

On topic: 

SE is better than EE for random player or non-constant groups of few ppl. For full CP's you will have dedicated WC which is better in combination with EE than SE. 

SWS is very good. It can provide decent melee dps in group up until low 40's. Also doesn't need to save money for dual swords to be able to cast most usefull skills therefore can invest more into armor and act as a "Main Assist" and/or a tank. Mid 40's and later it doesnt matter since it gets nice songs :)

I'm not disputing SwS's eventual usefullness in PvP, on the contrary.

I'm just pointing out the inferiority complex every SwS player inevitably develops when farming next to a BD. Up until lvl 49.

I'm not disputing SwS's eventual usefullness in PvP, on the contrary.

I'm just pointing out the inferiority complex every SwS player inevitably develops when farming next to a BD. Up until lvl 49.

​Meh, neither class brings too much to the table up to level 49, they're practically both just DD's until then as the BD's only useful skill is dance of fire (I suppose you can make an argument for dance of light for certain exp spots, and even then for a mage party is just as useless as a SwS.

The SWS gets warding and wind,

Neither class brings much to a party for PVE at this point, the BD party is going to down mobs a little quicker with dance of fire fire and the sws party is going to take less damage from magical attacks/have some more movement speed. Either way, both aren't going to make a huge amount of difference to a parties overall exp/hour. (depending on the size of the party/hunting area, as you get higher levels it gets better but at that point they also get more songs/dances)

You could argue it's more efficient to take another DD rather than getting a BD/SWS sub level 50 but if people are going to try and be that efficient outside of CP's then they are insane. All in all I don't think BD's/SwS's will have a problem getting a party, because everyone wants to make friends with those classes you're going to need later on.

• Like 1

Ya'll need to keep in mind 1 thing; Right now the admin said there is no dual box unless you pay for PA, and that gives you 1 box.

PP is much better than WC in classic because VR doesn't do much, and with a PP you get berserker spirit + direct heals to kill faster and compensate for the lack of ''hp drain'' from VR, PP is also a lot easier/faster to buff when OOP (don't have to kick some1 if your party is full), you will have WW to run to places and in-between mobs faster, you don't run out of mp after you've fully buffed yourself like a WC, PP is more useful than WC in pvp and you also have a res.

The only 2 advantages of a WC is 1. buffs full party faster for pvp and 2. can solo exp easier at early lvls.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, think i've decided on PP alot of people have mention how VR isn't as useful in this chronicle :).

also if i do make an archer main after spoiler and bd has level'd, pp is definitely an advantage 

the main reason as to why most people prefer BD in PvE over SWS is not only for the damage-boost dances, but also because they have Hex+Bleed+Poison along with better dps given by dual swords passives.

SWS has only the Holy Blade Toggle at best to deal some more damage against undead monsters, and has passives only for 1h swords.

however, don't expect to see BDs with decent duals anytime soon in Classic.

as for the Buffers named previously, i won't bother explaining their role again since at this point everyone should have at least a basic idea about how supporters work in Classic.

imo, leveling a Cleric up to 35 for an extra Holy Blade+Berserk and then leveling a WC to the max, would still be the most profitable "standard" combination for every person that plan to dualbox with melees.