Sign in to follow this  
Asmodea

New player, need some clarification.

Hello ⌒°(❛ᴗ❛)°⌒ everyone

So i want to try Classic for the 1st time and after doing some research i decided to try ES as my main character. But i still need some clarification:

1. I prefer ranged/mage type classes in general, but i read in some places about using melee equip or bow? Can someone elaborate a bit why? Can i play mage style all the way trough?

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

2. Since i never played this kind of version, i am obviously concerned about gear/adena grind as any new player. Will it be a mistake not to make a spoiler 1st? Although dwarfs are cuties ❤️ i do not want to main that class, but focus on preferred class from the beginning. But if necessary...

3. How needed is ES in parties both while lvling and at high/max lvl? 

4. I've checked a bit Classic version on official, EU seems kind of dead and i do not like how NC started to manage it on NA. So i hope i am not too late here and server is still populated? (EU prime time). I would like to make some friends and eventually find a clan willing to take player still learning.

Thanks in advance (^ _ ^)/

Edited by Asmodea

Oi,

1. If you play ES, you don't even need a bow - summoners get invited into raid parties automatically because their main purpose in the raids is healing (since you get virtually infinite mana from your summon)

2. Spoils obviously get some extra adena, but they aren't the "dirty rich" chars anymore like on older chronicles... And even then, the spoil money start becoming noticeable after level 60, which even when leveled up through raids takes quite some time. If you're going to play ES, you don't even need adena that much.

3. ES are extremelly demanded in raid parties all the way to 60+, often gets invited into 60+ AoE parties as well. At high levels they're very strong as well, CPs often have 2-3 Elemental Summoners in their line ups.

4. There're definitely more people here than on EU offic, but obviously less people than NA classic - the population dropped a bit when NCwest was opened, but it's not too noticeable and it's expected that people will slowly start coming back here once the NCwest's hype starts dying. It's also expected that we'll get patch 2.5 ""soon"", which should bump up the population as well. But generally speaking, the server is online for around 3 years and the online hasn't changed much since the server start - we don't have exact numbers, but it usually ranges from 1k to 2k with obvious spikes during castle sieges for example :) 

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply! :)

Sounds good, meanwhile i made more research and found some basic progression guides for ES to help me out (but hey, if anyone else wants to pitch in any other advice regarding Classic in general, i would be happy).

I made my character now, lv 10 so far. Her name is Asmodea, so if you see a lost and confused Elf around, that's me! :D 

Regarding NCwest, i would not worry so much... I have been playing mmorpgs for 12-13 years now, been part of game launches including from NC and this by far one of the worst i've seen (not talking about Que, that's normal for releases). But very unprofessional....so i am sure your prediction of people coming it's on point.

P.S. I am also thinking to lvl a PP box along with my ES, i figure the buffs will really help me when i don't get parties, maybe.

Edited by Asmodea

2 hours ago, Asmodea said:

Thank you for the reply! :)

Sounds good, meanwhile i made more research and found some basic progression guides for ES to help me out (but hey, if anyone else wants to pitch in any other advice regarding Classic in general, i would be happy).

I made my character now, lv 10 so far. Her name is Asmodea, so if you see a lost and confused Elf around, that's me! :D 

Regarding NCwest, i would not worry so much... I have been playing mmorpgs for 12-13 years now, been part of game launches including from NC and this by far one of the worst i've seen (not talking about Que, that's normal for releases). But very unprofessional....so i am sure your prediction of people coming it's on point.

P.S. I am also thinking to lvl a PP box along with my ES, i figure the buffs will really help me when i don't get parties, maybe.

PP is the ideal box, as the pink pony can give you empower/clarity/wildmagic later on. Since summoners don't really need gear, go to raid bosses pop 100% scrolls and in 5-6 bosses ull be close to 40, do the quests, there are a lot of guides how to do the 3 quests ( google ) and from there as soon as you become a summoner you will have endless mana. From there solo grinding/joining raid bosses to heal will be a breeze till 60. From there you can start thinking of cp/clan etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Asmodea said:

Nice tips! I was also thinking to keep the XP scrolls for higher lvls. But i will keep my eyes on party matching and those Quests. Ty :)

20-40 is aids w/o recharger trust me, also raid bosses die rly slow to ppl with 1st prof, by the time you get 65+ there will be an event and you will get new scrolls.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BlackJack said:

20-40 is aids w/o recharger trust me, also raid bosses die rly slow to ppl with 1st prof, by the time you get 65+ there will be an event and you will get new scrolls.

She/he have pony as recharger ... also can recharge pony so dont have to rest at all..... only make macro after mana over and continue exp all day long untill hit 40 :P 

Also can heal tank with normal heal <not battle heal couse its mana eater> on 20++ bosses and tank should be able to stay in place to kill bosses much faster.... ofc with proper buffs.

2 hours ago, BlackJack said:

We don't know if we're getting the XP scrolls next event tho, could also be a cold turkey 

I think i will keep most of the scrolls for high lvl :D

13 hours ago, YipMan said:

only make macro after mana over and continue exp all day long untill hit 40 :P 

What macro?:P

11 minutes ago, Asmodea said:

I think i will keep most of the scrolls for high lvl :D

What macro?:P

/usesummonskill master recharge

/useskill servitor recharge

/delay 7 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, YipMan said:

/usesummonskill master recharge

/useskill servitor recharge

/delay 7 

Oh, cool. Thanks ❤️

I'll try it.

Edited by Asmodea

15 hours ago, YipMan said:

She/he have pony as recharger ... also can recharge pony so dont have to rest at all..... only make macro after mana over and continue exp all day long untill hit 40 :P 

Also can heal tank with normal heal <not battle heal couse its mana eater> on 20++ bosses and tank should be able to stay in place to kill bosses much faster.... ofc with proper buffs.

I mean yeah you can do it but it's much easier to just use 100% scrolls and hit 40 and not worry about mana ever again.