Dear Clan Leaders and Members of the Clans,

At first I and my friends created a lvl 4 clan together just for playing together, but with time clan started growing with new members and with clan growth I started asking myself if we are managing our clan properly.

As many of you have played Lineage 2 for a long time and have a lot of experience in relation to the matter, I thought to ask right people for an advice. 

The main question would be - how do you manage your clan?

Which includes:

1. What clan rules, requirements you have implemented;

2. Have you set certain roles, responsibilities and which;

3. What is your clan warehouse management - do you ask clan members to lodge materials, recipes, unused gear and other misc items to clan warehouse;

4. How do you gear up people - do you craft gear, usables if members provide recipes, materials, or expect people to gear up themselves;

5. How do you structure clan in terms of what classes to invite to clan;

6. How do you manage your clan CP groups;

7. What is the process of clan recruiting - what questions do you ask before recruiting, what requirements do you set;

8. How do you settle clan member quarrels;

9. Do you organize any clan special events;

10. Do you use social media, websites, clan forums, communication apps such as TeamSpeak, Discord;

11. And last but not least - what qualities of clan leader should clan leader have?

Any further information as online guides or videos in relation to clan management would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Eagle_Eye

Best way to manage the clan organization is to split it in cps (constant parties) 

After you are done with this, every party has its own goal regarding leveling, gearing.

Eventualy this is how a clan works.

Clan should have events to help people gear up, lvl up. This events could be raids, epic raids, olympiads, pvp event, devil isle night farm, hekaton.

If clans cps are low on lvls, then you should focus on raids, exp, to join devils isle / giants cave

Making a clan wh to feel up clans needs is a must. But clans members should be Also rewarded for their time invested.

clan discord / fb / Viber or I don’t know is must for chatting and notify people. Ts is more important though.

i am sure there are people here, who can reply better and help you more on this.

i just told you the basics

Edited by iOrdinator
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, iOrdinator said:

Best way to manage the clan organization is to split it in cps (constant parties) 

After you are done with this, every party has its own goal regarding leveling, gearing.

Eventualy this is how a clan works.

Clan should have events to help people gear up, lvl up. This events could be raids, epic raids, olympiads, pvp event, devil isle night farm, hekaton.

If clans cps are low on lvls, then you should focus on raids, exp, to join devils isle / giants cave

Making a clan wh to feel up clans needs is a must. But clans members should be Also rewarded for their time invested.

clan discord / fb / Viber or I don’t know is must for chatting and notify people. Ts is more important though.

i am sure there are people here, who can reply better and help you more on this.

i just told you the basics

Thank you iOrdinator for your reply.

Hope to hear more strategies from other clans.

• Like 1

Would be great to hear more opinions/suggestions from other leaders, clan members.

I've been looking for guides online, but unfortunately there is no information in relation to management and that's one of the reasons I'm asking in this forum.

first of all, all these words you are going to read are comming from someone who was never in his life leading clan, but mostly CP (and even that wasnt for long time, failed to gather enough people on official to have good activity on daily basis, so in the end it was destined to fail), but this is comming from someone who played in such clan when i was starting on this server like 4 years ago, and in my opinion it worked very well.

sooo, what ordi said goes mostly for higher end clans with better organization which go with current CP system. If you dont aim to be on top but rather have fun with people while still getting things done, i would suggest to go more for interlude clan system (which is something like people grouped with similar hours in which they can play and they make parties depending on who is online, doesnt require mandatory daily login, etc.)

Which includes:

1. What clan rules, requirements you have implemented;

Clan rules depends on you. Some clan have for example only english in clan/ally chat, some peopel are oriented for certain country and are not international (you can still invite people from other countries, but they shouldnt complain if people speak in different language than english)

Other rule was for example that every 1-2 weeks, every clan member had to put into clan warehouse certain amount of adena, as clan tax, be it for clan hall auction bid to get CH(for you it can be provisional one), or to maintain clan hall fees, it could be used to buy PoB to increase clan level so in future you can buy more skills/make alliance, it could be used for groceries for your clan members (e.g. spirit ore for EEs/WCs), it could be used to gear up people from clan (help with some basic equipment from start, later on giving helping hand in whatever people wants to make, for example if someone decides he wants to make toi6 on DD, you could help him with some amount of money like 10% if he is active on clan activities like RBs farming at 21:00, some olympiad, AoE farming, etc. etc.)

amount of tax money per 1-2 weeks can be decided by leader depending on levels of clan members and how much they could survive and supply clan

2. Have you set certain roles, responsibilities and which;

yes, there were several people in charge, one person for example managed clan adena, one person was in charge of making parties/deciding when that they the evening will be spent, like for example today we go spoil this and this, tomorrow we go farm ABG AoE, next day we go LoA, etc., usually these rules will be made on the way to go when you notice some actions need to be lead by someone, usually someone will pop who will do it without knowing at start and usually takes that role

if fulfilling role takes extra amount of time, it can be rewarded by clan by some amount (for example if someone camps raid bosses so your clan can get them, he can get certain amount of drop from it and rest will be split)

3. What is your clan warehouse management - do you ask clan members to lodge materials, recipes, unused gear and other misc items to clan warehouse;

this is totally up to you what you decide, you can check how much adena you farm in evening and then decide that 50% of adena will go to CWH to help gear up people, or you let party being random loot and whoever gets what drop keeps it, you can make finders keepers during farming and after farm whoever was there will be split exactly between amount of people who were farming. You can decide if clan spoiler must give certain amount of spoil or simply eventho he is spoiler, he is part of clan, he still gets xp/drops same like everyone else so his helping part for clan can be that spoiler items from clan activities will go to CWH to help people gear up (its something like clan helps him lvl up and take to party eventho its not best DD, but on the other hand clan will get extra money from taking him, so in the end both are happy)

4. How do you gear up people - do you craft gear, usables if members provide recipes, materials, or expect people to gear up themselves;

most of the stuff was said in previous points, you can use tax money that people give to cwh every 1-2 weeks, you can go and dedicate some evening to spoil certain items, like BO jewels recipes and parts and after that you can craft it for whole clan, or decide what equip you go for next (for example you decide you want to make +6 set on your clan EE so he gets better mana management, so you focus with clan on achieving that)

5. How do you structure clan in terms of what classes to invite to clan;

honestly, in clan system, you dont really ask for certain classes, but you want to have several bards, several buffers like WC/PP, some healers SE/EE/BP, etc. you dont need perfect setup, you just need good enough setup, most important is that you guys can play with each other just fine and want to play together, there are classes which are important, but generally you shouldnt care much if you invite EE or SE in such clan system, you dont care if you get WC or PP, general idea is to have good people on certain roles (damage dealers, bards, tanks, healers, buffers)

6. How do you manage your clan CP groups;

i dont suggest going this way, you could read up more, we were running back in the time mixed parties like necro+archer+tyrant+tank and we were doing just fine, if you go CP way, every party will be missing a lot of people in my opinion and its just not worth it

7. What is the process of clan recruiting - what questions do you ask before recruiting, what requirements do you set;

first of all, you want to ask when they can play, its pointless to recruit people who plays in totally differen hour range than rest of clan so they cannot help in clan activities. second of all you go classic like what class they play, why they want to join, where they are from, if they speak english (if required), you tell them rules and ask them if they are fine with them, etc. etc., you can give people some trial time week or 2 and see for yourself how active they are, how they are helping clan, whats their personality or how they suit to other clan members (for example if older clan members wont want to play with him, then nothing you can do about it)

8. How do you settle clan member quarrels;

by clan rules, you check who is the one in fault, if you dont have rules about it, clan leader decides the punishment, if apologizing is enough or the other guy needs to do something extra (e.g. if one clan member borrows some item and drops it, its up to clan if it was players fault or not, either clan can relpace it or the player needs to replace it, if the guy refuses to replace it, then you give punishment/ kick him, idk, its really up to you)

for example we had some arguments about buying clan hall crystals/bsoes, they have static respawn time so people took timer and were just buying them non stop on spawn, so others couldnt buy them even if they wanted. Once clan leader got info about this, he warned people about it, made a rule they need to notify on clan discord about timer for those items when he bought them and if he found out some people still abused it, he gave punishment that he took away buy privileges for 1-2 weeks, if repeated, the time prolonged.

9. Do you organize any clan special events;

"special events", you can organize some special events to keep morale up. For example we hosted CP event (but can be even clan event) that once every 1-2 weeks, when we dropped some full weapon, we went to some place (we called it CP island :d) and enchanted that item (enchaqtns bought from cp adena) - system was very easy, you made party with random loot, dropped weapon and picked up, whoever got it had to make +1 enchant on the weapon, if succeeded, you dropped and picked again and next guy enchants. Goal is to get weapon to +7, at that point you stop and sell it and you put it as clan adena to again maybe make some equip for clan members. The moment someone broke weapon, he gets some funny punishment (for example we had that the guy had to be main assist in PVE for 1 week, coz nobody wanted to be that guy and we needed to assist because of hex/debuffs on mobs :D ), certainly i can say that these kind of small events can boost morale of guys playing together, you know, that smirk you get when someone breaks weapon and needs to be MA for 1 week so you can tease him a bit, priceless, and even if you succeed in making the weapon, its nice money

obviously, rules or event type of event can be different, you can hold some days like 2vs2 tournament in coliseum with your clan or something like this ^_^ for sure i recommend it for having healthier attitude in clan

10. Do you use social media, websites, clan forums, communication apps such as TeamSpeak, Discord;

social medium is a must, right now i would suggest TS for voice communication (which is also a must in my opinion, should be part of interview if guy can speak during play time or not) and discord as written medium. if you dont have TS, you can use discord even for voip, i dont see big difference, making discord server is free.

you can have there several channels which can be helpful for clan, as said for example CH timers for consumables, activity channel where people can write if they cannot log some day so you know in advance what activity you will have that day, if you kill some bosses you can write there time of death of boss, so other people can know when it starts spawning next time and maybe camp it, you can have general channel where people just talk with each other, trashtalk, you know, normal stuff during the day when you cannot play but still keep in touch, one channel which will have clan rules written, some media channel where people can share some frapses from farm/pvp with others, maybe meme channel, you know just to keep discord active ;) 

11. And last but not least - what qualities of clan leader should clan leader have?

he should stand behind his words, but he should also listen and consider to his people, for sure clan leader must be very active, coz dont expect people will do something without someone leading, people usually just want to log and play, they dont want to think much and look for people, so setting up shops with clan items for sale, managing clan warehouse, making raid boss/farm parties will be for start leaders job, but as explained above, you can assign certain people to manage different stuff, so you split workload a bit around

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

all this consider when you play clan system and NOT CP system, just in CP system you count whole CP as clan, clan as alliance and alliance as even bigger alliance :D

you wont ever reach end game top pvp with this kind of system, but is good enough to enjoy game and have pvps with other clans with similar system on your powerlevel (not everybody aims to be the very best). eventually if you and your clan feels like that, you could switch to CP system, you will know if the time is right, usually after you get good enough core people, they will start subtly group everyday with very similar setup, which starts to smell towards CP system rather than clan system, but once again, if it is required, you will see it in time, so dont worry about this just yet.

Edited by MoDoy
  • Like 1