Sign in to follow this  
CarnageK1

Considering joining the server!

Hi all!

I have been playing on the official server for a while now and have grown disillusioned with it.

I am looking for a new home and had a few questions that I was hoping some of you would be able to answer.

1. How many boxes do you recommend I have if I play a necro? Should I have a SE,EE combo or a SE and BD combo. Would I be able to get clarity/acumen scrolls or buffs if I buy them from players or something?

2. What level would I need to reach before I can play with others (raiding, pvp, etc)?

3. Would you recommend I just run one box instead of 2?

4. For those who play support classes? What has your experience been in this server? Do you find yourself finding people to play with or is it difficult since people may choose to run their own buffers?

If you have any other comments or advice, feel free to post :) . 

Thank you! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CarnageK1 said:

Hi all!

I have been playing on the official server for a while now and have grown disillusioned with it.

I am looking for a new home and had a few questions that I was hoping some of you would be able to answer.

1. How many boxes do you recommend I have if I play a necro? Should I have a SE,EE combo or a SE and BD combo. Would I be able to get clarity/acumen scrolls or buffs if I buy them from players or something?

2. What level would I need to reach before I can play with others (raiding, pvp, etc)?

3. Would you recommend I just run one box instead of 2?

4. For those who play support classes? What has your experience been in this server? Do you find yourself finding people to play with or is it difficult since people may choose to run their own buffers?

If you have any other comments or advice, feel free to post  . 

Thank you! 

Hello and welcome. I also made the transition from NA classic to Club not so long ago.

The server is really worth to try but you have to keep in mind it is already 4.5 years old. Most of the server is already participating in the end-game content. That doesn't mean that there are no players on lower level areas, but you will most likely find them killing RBs since this is the fastest and easiest way to level up and make adena.

Now to respond to your questions.

1) This depends on preference. I would go (SE)/EE/PP/BD if you want to go mage for sure. You need to keep in mind that solo you will have a very hard time to level up. Instead I would go for melee setup and re-roll my characters on 76+ using the server's option to do so (https://l2classic.club/forum/topic/7439-class-change/)

2) You can find pvp on low levels but as I said you should focus to rush to 76+ asap.

3) For me you need the supports mentioned in 1 so no.

4) Support chars will always find a party. If you aim to play a support character go to the server's discord and start looking for a Constant Party that can also help boost you and level you etc. People are always looking for active supports.

First off, I wouldn't really recommend playing mage as a solo player.

As Devak mentioned, server is almost 5 years old and absolute majority of players are high level already, which means that low level spots are virtually empty. Leveling is pretty quick via RB parties, but:

a) People are always going to pick fighter over a mage. And even if you manage to snatch a spot there,
b) You're not guaranteed to get spot for both you and your box, which creates gaps which can turn into a severe head ache.

Plus, not sure if you've noticed already, but you need to buy premium account to be able to dualbox, and also for extra additional window (10€ a month... You can also buy it for around 25 million adena, but there's no way you're getting this ammount as a newbie per month). So aside from recharger (which is a must for mage), if you'd want to box BD as well, you'd need to pay 20€ a month.

You can obviously make it work if you'll be an active RB party creator, which means you're going to be actively creating the parties yourself. It's actually fairly doable here because you can see RB status (live/dead) instantly via the ingame map - but not everyone has a mentality to do it (requires a lot of patience, e.g. when your tank decides to quit in last moment and you have to calm rest of the party while desperately trying to find someone else before the party disbands).

As for the supports... I've leveled my shop char for fun a couple months ago, and while I was doing to RBs around 60 I've actually encountered a couple active PP/WCs... But it's generally pretty hardcore, especially since many people just bring high level buffers to those low lvl raids.

But if you really want to play necro, and you don't mind paying the €10 for the recharger, go for it - it's not impossible, it's just much slower than other chars - e.g., fighters or summoners are almost always welcome in basically any RB party, and when there's currently no alive RB, they can do some basic farming on their own without having to worry about a dualbox, it's just generally much more carefree experience. But necro is one of a few chars that you can't reroll to later, so if you want to play necro in a long run, you need to farm it up anyway. Also, necro happens to be one of the strongest chars in the game right now, so I guess that's also one thing to consider...

Edited by FryderykChopin

Dual box - u can play for free if u got 2 or more PCs, dont have to pay for PA

If u want play necro, i can recommend SE+BD (if u want better buffs go also PP/OL)

Or maybe one good advice: On server are a lot of CPs which looking for people, they can help u level up, borrow PA support after some time when they start trust u

If i wanna play necro - for sure i find CP or clan

Gl and hf, happy to see new people coming

Thank you all for your responses!

I have some thinking to do as I do want to play necro but wouldn't be against trying another class. I was thinking that I may actually level up my support characters and then go back and level up a necro with high level buffs.

Thanks again and see you all in game!