KoBe

Server's Future

I have a serious question about admin team, after so many years on L2 (nearly 9-10years) private servers dont worth as i know cause there is always a wipe or closing after some time.
I wanna give it a try about 1st EU private classic server but what i am looking for is: can u promise us that there will be no wipes or closing? will you update client every some months?

The most precious to me is not to loose my char and change servers every moment. Thank you.

Good Luck with your project, i hope i can support you if things i am looking for are true here!

There are zero guaranties on official servers as well. The moment they stop making profit - bam.

Simce that is the default position for past-time projects, I wouldn't raise my hopes too much.

But classic is focused on the road, more that the destination, and you can always move a whole group. Makes little difference if you farm the same spot for hours subconsciously while "hanging out" with friends, whether it's on lvl 28 or 57...

There is no finish line. No 3rd class, no chant of victory, no R grade (or whatever), no subclass, no olympiad, hell, not even castle sieges. The most hardcore boss on classic drops "unique" earring that gives bleed resistance. Or was it poison?

Yes, losing your karmian to wipe will still hurt, but who cares about luxury stuff?

There is a new hype with Classic so i don't think many private ones, except for those who want to start off fresh, will last but Talking Island x3 is the first attempt into something that turns up to be well thought and invested into and i think it ll have the biggest population as well.

I was trying to find a post from the administration saying that this server don't plan on closing or wiping but i guess you can't have a warranty since this is a private server and you don't pay a dime to play.

They did mention they already working on updating to 2.0 so that alone should give you a clue that this project wants and hopes to have a great future and prosper.

I have a serious question about admin team, after so many years on L2 (nearly 9-10years) private servers dont worth as i know cause there is always a wipe or closing after some time.
I wanna give it a try about 1st EU private classic server but what i am looking for is: can u promise us that there will be no wipes or closing? will you update client every some months?

The most precious to me is not to loose my char and change servers every moment. Thank you.

Good Luck with your project, i hope i can support you if things i am looking for are true here!

​There is no reason to be a wipe when server goes live, ofiicial or not, but as Alastor said, no server last forever

The idea of opening a classic server is not only because its something people wants to play cus its "the new stuff" but its also to build up a long term server.

The main problms with the L2 now is that most of players got used to the rush playstyle, where they rush everything on first month and then or they get stomped or they stomp and it gets boring and since there are so many decent servers atm, they have no problms in just leaving and jumping to other server and do the same over and over again because theres almost no time investment from them to get what they had on previous server, this bring the second problm, since the community started working that way, server owners understood thats how it goes so to not loose all the people they started opening servers every couple of months or so.

In here it will work different, and some one said in some post before, classic is not a sprint run but a marathon. as so, there is no point for us to decide to close the game in like 2 months, to open something else becus people would get so mad of WASTING those 2 months of their life in rly hardcore game play, that we would never ever get people to play on it again from beginning.

This is a long term project. it will start classic from the beginning and it will be updated based on ru classic and on people's feedback of the new ru classic changes.

After all of this being said. what i can tell you is that if it will depend on me server will not be wiped in few months or closed or what so ever, you will have active admin both in forum and in game, you gonna have events running both on forum and in game, you gonna have a admin almost all the time on skype to nag him when you are lagging or when something bad happen to you, and the team will work to provide you with the updates for the next versions when it will be time to do it.

• Like 5

A idéia de abrir um servidor clássico não é só porque seus algo que as pessoas querem jogar seu cus "o novo material", mas a sua também para construir um servidor de longo prazo.

Os principais problms com a L2 agora é que a maioria dos jogadores se acostumou com o estilo de jogo rush, onde eles correm tudo no primeiro mês e, em seguida, ou eles ser pisado ou eles vibrar e se torna monótono e desde há tantos servidores decentes atm, eles Não tem problms em apenas sair e saltar para outro servidor e fazer o mesmo uma e outra vez porque há quase nenhum investimento de tempo com eles para conseguir o que eles tinham no servidor anterior, este trazer a segunda problm, uma vez que a comunidade começou a trabalhar dessa maneira, proprietários de servidor entendido é como ele vai tão para não perder todas as pessoas que começaram a abrir servidores a cada dois meses ou assim.

Em aqui ele vai trabalhar diferente, e alguém disse em algum post antes, clássico não é um sprint, mas uma maratona. como assim, não há nenhum ponto para nós para decidir fechar o jogo em como 2 meses, para abrir outra coisa becus pessoas iria ficar tão louco de desperdiçar esses 2 meses de sua vida em rly jogo incondicional, que nunca conseguiria chegar as pessoas a jogar nele novamente a partir do início.

Este é um projeto de longo prazo. ele vai começar clássico desde o início e ele será atualizado com base na ru clássico e no feedback das novas mudanças clássicos ru das pessoas.

Depois de tudo isso sendo dito. o que eu posso dizer é que, se ele vai depender de mim servidor não irá ser apagado em poucos meses ou fechada ou que assim sempre, você terá administrador ativa tanto no fórum e no jogo, você vai ter eventos que funcionam tanto no fórum e em jogo, você vai ter um administrador de quase todo o tempo no skype para importuná-lo quando você está ficando ou quando algo de ruim acontecer com você, ea equipe vai trabalhar para fornecer-lhe com as atualizações para as próximas versões quando será tempo para fazer isto.

​it comforts us and passes credibility

I don't know the full capacity of the server but if you are worried about crashing or lag during launch i d be happy just to the idea that it would be so populated.

I don't know the full capacity of the server but if you are worried about crashing or lag during launch i d be happy just to the idea that it would be so populated.

​That's exactly what I think, I'm worried about a possible low population. I will be more than happy with lag at the start xD

With those specs, we could probably run 20k players before we even get any noticable load. We'll be happy for 1/10 of that.