Sign in to follow this  
FryderykChopin

[To admins] ❄♫❅❆♪ LET IT GO, LET IT GOOOO ❄♫❅❆♪ - S01E02

Since the topic was locked for an unknown reason, I took the liberty of making a second part to continue the discussion

Well first of all, let me slap a 

press-x-to-doubt-la-noir-original-meme-template.jpg

On both. Allow me to elaborate:

I. "players who knew we had it (are being scammed)" - literally how. This message has been popping up every single damned time for now almost 4 months. So there're two options -

(a), it simply doesn't happen because there's absolutely no way a person who's mentally capable of turning on a computer will read message "we don't offer Skype support" and then goes to Skype and puts a considerable ammount of effort to search a contact that is available nowhere on the entire site

(b) They probably read it once or twice when it started and then closing it became an automatic process without even glimpsing over it. Case in point, useless.

II. "players who didn't even know there was some Skype support in a first place (are being scammed)" - l i t e r a l l y how. I mean let's get this straight: they never knew there was Skype support being provided. They never had this information. There's a ticket system in ACP, there's this giantic "SUPPORT" button on right of the forum that leads to said ticket system, there's announcements in game that tells people to make ticket, and it takes around 2 button clicks to open a PM to admins on forum. And then, having absolutely no idea that this service ever existed, out of all communication systems in the world, anywhere from ICQ to MSN, they pick Skype and search for people whose acc names sound kinda like forum admins, and then they give such person their acc info and get scammed.

Yup. (X) doubt.

I'm not claiming that you don't get PMs from people that they got scammed. I suppose a lot of people will try to make fake scam claims in hopes of getting some free stuff. And I also can believe that some extremelly bizarre people actually go and pass all these obstacles in valiant effort to get scammed.

However I do believe that ammount of these people, now, nearing 4 months anniversary of this annoying pop up window, is so negligible that there's no reason to continue annoying rest of the server with this pop up window. If you really want to spread this message however, I suggest to make a new ingame announcement repeating message, ideally visually different to current 'announcement spams' (e.g. make it over 3 lines or insert large spaces/special characters). It will be much less intrusive and much more effective.

/btw. I'm looking forward to make 3rd topic if this one gets locked 

Edited by FryderykChopin

we find it necessary there for will stay there till the moment people stop having troubles with this situation, ty for your concerns and suggestions.