Convict

Why does this server discourage pking and pvp?

I pked someone like i normally would and for first offense I got 720 karma...I didnt mind cause I figured I would work it off but then i realized I was losing 2 karma a kill on mons similar in lvl white mons...that means I would have to kill 360 +++ cause most mons only dropped karma by 1...In my opinion you just made the biggest care bear mistake by penalizing and discouraging pvp...people wont fight for xp spots cause people wont flag if they cant win the fight and just get pked and can keep comming back and back and turning people perma red even quicker cause u cant work off the karma...now after I died i lost the karma but thats ridicilous i killed 200 mons  and spent over and hr working it off when a group came and got me but thats just stupid even at a 3x pace i shoulda been dropping karma atleast  5-10 at a time on a 3x classic....js your rates are off

• Like 3

Use clan wars, or get killed, that removes karma fast. Or just don't get karma...

But yea, i wish Classic would be more pvp friendly.

ye, I basically could not work off karma yesterday, killing white mobs, it just wasn't changing period. Im surprised it went down at least 1 per mob for you.

This can't be the case on official classic? 

Such killerz, much wow.

It's a low rate server, guys... If you can't play even for 3 days w/o PK'ing someone, something is totally wrong with you.

​Yea, see, there is usually something wrong with the people we want to PK, in the first place.

u cant work off karma and pvp is what made lineage 2 great and pking...if i cant pk then this server is a done deal already for me gg lol on to the next project

Such killerz, much wow.

It's a low rate server, guys... If you can't play even for 3 days w/o PK'ing someone, something is totally wrong with you.

​Yea, see, there is usually something wrong with the people we want to PK, in the first place.

​PK'ing in L2 is like raging in LOL (if you've ever played it you'll know what i mean) :D
There is always someone who asks to be smashed in a face with a hammer, but it's always you who looks like an idiot if you let him provoke you :P
Dear Grumpy Cat, it's the second time already when our opinions divide in this forum, seems like we'll have some PK'ing going, huh, Sett? ^^

pk is a tool to control farming zones, raid bosses, a tool to fight enemy clans who don't want to accept wars. That has nothing to do with raging people.

​I will repeat myself: in the first 3 days.
Really?
What raid bosses, what enemy clans and wars? Nothing like that has started yet. By the way, I agree that PK'ing is important in later game. But the server has just started, so the only reason why players kill each other is just for fun or cause of rage. Well, everyone has their own ways to have fun I guess.

Such killerz, much wow.

​PK'ing in L2 is like raging in LOL (if you've ever played it you'll know what i mean) :D
There is always someone who asks to be smashed in a face with a hammer, but it's always you who looks like an idiot if you let him provoke you :P
Dear Grumpy Cat, it's the second time already when our opinions divide in this forum, seems like we'll have some PK'ing going, huh, Sett? ^^

​Believe me I am not the kind of person to PK someone to vent my frustration (bashing the keyboard is another matter entirely). But just sometimes there is this person who is determined to waste their time f*cking up your farm (e.g. by stunning your puller), that simply won't flag unless they know they are safe. While you can have your mage following the tank as bodyguard, this is not exactly effective, as it means leaving your spot or leaving it vulnerable to the next moron who comes by.

-10% is a decent demotivator in such cases, but the karma means it is just as much trouble for your group as it is for them.

Any suggestions on how to deal with such situations, other than leaving, are gladly welcome....

control farming zones

or even, just for fun

to create enemy clans you should start killing people without a reason, if we all are friends, in a candy world, that would never happen.

Why should you tell someone when he has to pk? let him to play the way he wants.

The question here is, is the karma decreasing rate correct? so if someone can check it at ruoff, and get some stats about that rate (karma decreasing per xp earn , or karma decreasing per %xp earn) 

Yup, Sett, sometimes PK'ing is freaking necessary :( sometimes it's hard to tell who is a bigger troll, the one who ruins your farming, or the one who PK's you with no reason at all. I guess we will all have to accept the fact that PK'ing in this server can be only used when there is no other choices left, cause it's too damn hard to clean your PK points. Maybe later it will be easier to PK, because we will have trustworthy clan mates, CPs and allies, that will help us no to drop every single item we've got and clean the PK points safely.
So those who are disappointed just wait a while longer, PK will be more reliable in later game I suppose. And more necessary :)

Well, at least you do lose the karma if you die, so with decent ress it might just work, somewhat.

I wonder what the +XP/karma and -XP/karma ratio is, how much Xp you need to gain or lose to shake off that 720 Karma. Does anybody know?

i cant check it ingame, so, but it should be as follows:

- if you die (-10%xp = Yxp) and you lose Xkarma,

You have a rate here Xkarma/Yxp

Farming you should check karma lost per xp earned, record both, and do the same (karmalost/xpearned)

Those rates shouldn't be such different.

I agree with Leisath. The areas are packed and people kill steal all the time. There is no "it's my spot". It's an open world. If you decide to PK someone you ll have to think first and act later because it is Classic and karma burns slow exactly so there won't be chaos.

• Like 1

the fact is this is a 3x server...its not adjusted correctly...lets say u lose 2 karma per mob on a reg classic this is 3x u should lose 6 but u lose like 1 karma a mob 2 if its a mob higher then you...i mean its ridicilous this is complete carebear shit...people can just ks u and ks u and ks u and overhit last hit to steal your quest....the grind isnt what made lineage 2 great it was the pking and pvping which this server discourges in every way now because low rate and xp loss is crazy on top of cant lose karma now unless u die and drop items...and btw first pk should be like 340 karma not 720 its been that way since prelude

Since when PK must be rewarding? PKing someone should be the last case scenario for you. And PK cleaning should not be easy.

• Like 1

It's not supposed to be rewarding, however it shouldn't be SO discouraged. This entire game is based on open-world PVP and the way the chaotic system was implemented in the beginning is what attracted so many people and made the game so unique. Admins should really consider fixing the karma loss rate.

Open world PvP and PK are two different things. In the one both players agree to the fight and in the PK you have a random person killing anyone they see no matter their level or equipment or what they were doing. Why would that be encouraged? So he can burn it faster and continue? If those hotheaded potatoheads can't control their rage the innocent players are the ones who ll be discouraged not the PKer.

Edited by NicolaasNL
  • Like 2

Cr3ative если ты это читаешь, то ответь. Почему когда я тебя 2 раза слил (такого умного "убивайся или уебу") ты не вернулся на мой спот что бы умереть еще раз. Мне на тебя даже 3к кармы жалко не было. Я таких наглых еще не видел.

Dear friends!

It's the time for the first restart. As we promised, we fixed Adventurer account error. Unfortunately work on the party system is not yet complete, because it affects a larger amount of settings than expected. But don't worry, it will also be solved in a short time.

Also the Karma cleaning by killing mobs problem has been fixed. Have fun now :)

During the day some users experienced the problem to log into the game. Don't worry, this problem is connected with the operation of your provider Virginmedia, but it has a solution. We are now preparing a guide how to fix this problem.

Server's restart will take about 30 minutes. Please download the patch or update the client with updater.

FREE Adventurer account will be disabled after the restart. Only 1 game account per machine will be allowed by default.

they fixed pk after update. have fun!