Convict

Why does this server discourage pking and pvp?

Guys, PK is a tool just like any other mechanic in the game, and just as any mechanic in the game it could be used and misused for good and bad. Until yesterday it was prohibitively expensive to use. Hopefully now it will be worth considering.

And no, PK is not the last resort. Worse things can happen to you in Lineage, and especially in Classic.

Open world PvP and PK are two different things. In the one both players agree to the fight and in the PK you have a random person killing anyone they see no matter their level or equipment or what they were doing. Why would that be encouraged? So he can burn it faster and continue? If those hotheaded potatoheads can't control their rage the innocent players are the ones who ll be discouraged not the PKer.

​I don't know if you ever played this game retail. But that is why most of us play classic, because we want the classic, lowrate, frusterating, amazing, piece of shit that Lineage II was in all it's glory.

Atm i have only 4 pk, before update for each PK i gain like 700+ karma and loose 2 karma each mob, now i gain the same amount of karma then for 4 pk yesterday i have like 2800 karma... loosing 8 karma each mobs... -10%exp each death, 4 death for dekarma -40% exp.

The problem is not the exp lost, you just cant dekarma if u get 1pk (or u need to put some euros...) i'm afraid to see how people on this server are carebears players, delog after they flag etc... u need to resolve problem with karma, u just cant pk one guy for take a spot u want.

Roleplay server.

Open world PvP and PK are two different things. In the one both players agree to the fight and in the PK you have a random person killing anyone they see no matter their level or equipment or what they were doing. Why would that be encouraged? So he can burn it faster and continue? If those hotheaded potatoheads can't control their rage the innocent players are the ones who ll be discouraged not the PKer.

​If somebody decides to go permared, low rate of karma reduction is hardly a way to stop him.

Yes, PK should be penalised. but it should not be penalised more than the dead guy is.

Note that training mobs is not penalised at all, except that it takes a little more time.

karma cleaning has been fixed to match the 3x higher then on ru classic. so from here all the complains should be redirected to ncsoft xD

Edited by San0
  • Like 2

Well, it should be reduced in fact... If server is 3x, should be 3x easier than official, not 3x harder...  Karma rate is too much, did 1 pk and took me more than 3 hours to clean, this is ridiculous...  

L2 is all about pvp and fight for farm places, sieges, RB. If ppl lose that, soon or later server will be empty. I like when i get good farm spot to flag on others or pk them. But its annoying farming 2 hours to lose karma from just 1 pk. 

While i'm grateful for the change, I have to agree that it's still alittle much. Should probably be 2/3 of what it is now. Would be more relative to the rates in prelude - c4 (didnt play anything after that)

Especially since sin eater is not an option.

(Yes I am aware of the PK scroll but it's not quite the same)

Just my thoughts on it. But honestly i'm pretty happy with my classic experience so far.

-10% exp discourages pvp. and having to spend few hours to clean your pk discourages pk

In other words this server doesint like any sort of interaction between gamers. Actually most of the people dont even talk, btw i havent seen server that has quite allot of players and all the crowded places are just so quiet, even after trying to break a silence its kinda rare to get a response. 

Btw i know the top line of "top forum flame warrior" it is: "you should play with clan, and be allways in party. That what lineage2 is suppose to be" Fo fu.. sake i dont even see much partys... most of the people grind their way solo.

Im glad that is atleast classic server. OGHH but many skills and things are changed, soo is it really classic server? (i know i may sound dumb, but the classic lineage2 i remember had no care bear protection on.) And having these -10% and other shit is kinda protecting those poor folks to peaceful grinding 12h/day :)

Fo fu.. sake i dont even see much partys... most of the people grind their way solo.

​Dude, are we playing on the same server? Everywhere i go, ten second after I pull more than 2 monsters, a dwarf spawns with 3 mage minions and stuns me, until my party clears out the mobs. Then we flame for a bit, then we TP elsewhere, because reasons (and morons).

Also I'm sure it's all those soloers, who keep on complaining about party size.

I think another thing with PvP is that people don't understand how it works and are afraid to lose their gear. If someone can explain how it works, maybe more people will do it. I am one of those people who want to pvp but doesn't want to lose his gear. How exactly does it work? I know you can kill a red player, but can you kill a purple player? Also, can you drop any of your gear if you die while you're purple and what's the chance for gear drop when they're red?

your just a butthurt crybaby who wants to farm in peace with no compition

​Well, i have no problem with fighting on comparable terms. But a warlord (warrior) party has very little chance agains mages, never mind "fighting" against morons, whose inferior temporal gyrus (that's the part of brain responsible for numbers) athrophed to the points where they believe fighting and arguing for twenty minutes over two monsters from "their spot" (half of Orc barracks) in my train is worth their time.

And before someone points out the obvious: No, It's not the same the other way around. I couldn't farm in peace, because morons harrass with stun and agroing/killing my trains, while I'm the nice guy who minds his own business and the worst thing I do to anyone (prior to their aggression) is pull some mobs that were standing there unattended. The result is they could've easily farmed in peace alongside, while I actually have nothing better to do, than to reciprocate.

...Or go elsewhere, but come on, would you?

What really pisses me off is ... it pisses me off. And then I start acting like a person 20 years younger, than I actually am. :/

I think another thing with PvP is that people don't understand how it works and are afraid to lose their gear. If someone can explain how it works, maybe more people will do it. I am one of those people who want to pvp but doesn't want to lose his gear. How exactly does it work? I know you can kill a red player, but can you kill a purple player? Also, can you drop any of your gear if you die while you're purple and what's the chance for gear drop when they're red?

PK is part of the game...  

If someone is bothering me all the time why can´t I PK him ?  This is a PVP/PK game, thats why everybody likes Lineage... Otherwise I would be playing Final Fantasy... 

* 10% XP loss should stay same

* Drop item should stay same

* Karma should be reduced

I know server need money to provide good service, so If u really dont want to reduce karma to official count, u can just add another skroll on donation shop... It can be called Karma scroll => reduce amount of karma by 50% when PK... ( 5 COL )

Although I would say that server was made to be as close as possible with official classic, so karma should be reduced... 

PK is part of the game...  

If someone is bothering me all the time why can´t I PK him ?  This is a PVP/PK game, thats why everybody likes Lineage... Otherwise I would be playing Final Fantasy... 

* 10% XP loss should stay same

* Drop item should stay same

* Karma should be reduced

I know server need money to provide good service, so If u really dont want to reduce karma to official count, u can just add another skroll on donation shop... It can be called Karma scroll => reduce amount of karma by 50% when PK... ( 5 COL )

Although I would say that server was made to be as close as possible with official classic, so karma should be reduced... 

​I agree, however if karma gets reduced so should XP loss. back to 4% Neither of which I think will happen.

However, because of the death certificate I like the karma scroll idea.

Now PK system is 100% Like on RuOff but x3, since our rates are x3 from RuOff servers.(It's 3 times easier to clean karma here than on RuOff)

• Like 3