Sign in to follow this  
zaz

Dagger past 40

Anyone played a dagger past 40 on server (Beta or otherwise)? How is the landing rate of skills past 40? and dmg? (Pvp wise only). Asking because all the posts on daggers are  or seem hearsay...

First of all you don't wanna play dagger here ask any dagger player.. We are the nerfed classed..

Most dagger gives up because you miss you skills more than you land and the success isn't getting better as you get higher not at all..

Beta playing just made my favorit choice getting worse.
You can't break free of a root meaning you easy get stucked for 20+ seconds
Gladiator, tyrant, dwarf, all tanks and so on have almost 100% stun rate

Meaning they will stun you over and over and over and over and over Again till you dead in 1 vs 1.
Ask any dwarf if they can't out battle a dagger really and dwarf is suppose to be a Money machine not a pvp'er..

And a gladiator will stun you with sonic blast without recharge same goes with their skills no recharge needed the damage with recharge compared to without is to Little.

I made a post in report - But admin havn't returned with a answer..

Sorry if I sound abit grumpy but really if you like dagger you will test it and understand.

What else is there to play then...:). Archer boring as hell. Haven't found much info on tyrant or glad but from what i saw in korean fraps that's a very rare apparition.  Plus the glad i guess doesn't have the skills that made him TSS etc. soo...not an option Tyrant seems gimpier than glad too. At least if Backstab would have decent dmg and land rate we can still manage. Hit and run:)...try to not get focused and be a ninja hide behind enviroment or try to go solo pvp just in closed spaces with lots of corners...but in the end i'll prbly go archer... For example if i knew i can 2 backstab a mage same lvl with basic buffs (no dance just DW) for me a dagger would be a viable choice. 

You can check all his videos, there is the biggest - of dagger. "sitting in the root". 

Dude he is killing people in devotion and he is problaby 10-15 levels higher than those Guys WAUW!

Zaz I came to the same conclusion about dagger that it isn't worth playing.. Archer will problaby also be what I need up with.. Sadly because 1 click play is not fun in the long run but I guess thats how the gm wants it.. In this video the guy do 800 damage with backstab on a lightarmor (CRASY) nootttt.. Also you will problaby run out of MP because you kill someone with all the fails LOL

You can check all his videos, there is the biggest - of dagger. "sitting in the root". 

Dude he is killing people in devotion and he is problaby 10-15 levels higher than those Guys WAUW!

​And not our server/not our beta, not our content, full buffs/dances, all chasing no actual duels/competitive pvp. Just a lame nubstomp vid.

Well don't expect to land much skills at low lvl and from front. That's why if some1 has an idea if it's viable past 40 backstab mortal wise should have a more than decent land rate from behind. At least backstab from behind ... As for the gap closer bluff etc...Dagger is yea a bit harder without those but still viable. I always liked the old GA1 videos. He's not relying on bluff that much, he used terrain to max and is one of the few daggers that uses freezing strike in the rotation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR4vi_Eqpe8

Edit: also can't find fraps with Tyrant at all...on classic. Not 1 ... :(

Went 4 tyrant. At least i have some CC skills and decent HP/CP. Dunno about totems etc. Haven't found on the sites listed on forum a good description. With translate it doesn't translate...dunno why translates 1 word in english 4 in smth similar to russian. plus on youtube haven't found one tyr vid (classic) if some1 knows any pls send a link - was one with a monk but it was just gameplay. But was looking 4 a char that can go 1 vs 1-2 any class and can stand well in skirmishes and doesn't have f1, f2, f3 buttons. Hope it still eventually has rabbit/zealot and that bison when it will be available isn't that nerfed. Lionheart would be nice but not getting my hopes up. Will prbly just be running around in Ogre/puma pwing ppl left and right.

Well tried dagger in BETA. Was true piece of sh*t ... 52 lvl backstab dealth 1.6k dmg to dark blue monster (tamlin orc archer) ... Don't know about them here... But since admin said that thy will do later in future some balancing stuff for classes I keep my faith in dagger classes and took Dark elven one... If they still will suck at least I can go +wit dyes and make a hexer poisoner and range unit to harrass destro ant tank classes muahahah ^^

daggers are fine just piece of crap here cause 70% population are archers/mages. just wait 2.0. all melee classes got boost in 2.0. be patient.

Well tried dagger in BETA. Was true piece of sh*t ... 52 lvl backstab dealth 1.6k dmg to dark blue monster (tamlin orc archer) ... Don't know about them here... But since admin said that thy will do later in future some balancing stuff for classes I keep my faith in dagger classes and took Dark elven one... If they still will suck at least I can go +wit dyes and make a hexer poisoner and range unit to harrass destro ant tank classes muahahah ^^

I never complained about dagger beeing weak i just asked 4 an informed opinion of later game dagger (not land rate from front etc at lvl 20) because trying out 4 myself and rerolling later on isn't quite an option. Dunno how they are at later stages was just curious if u can BS robe same level with 2 backstabs max (if u need more than that smth is wrong in my opinion) on this server not in gran kain etc...in the end didn't go 4 a dagger class cause i always had the option to go archer at 40...and i would end up playing that which is boring 4 me at least...

I never complained about dagger beeing weak i just asked 4 an informed opinion of later game dagger (not land rate from front etc at lvl 20) because trying out 4 myself and rerolling later on isn't quite an option. Dunno how they are at later stages was just curious if u can BS robe same level with 2 backstabs max (if u need more than that smth is wrong in my opinion) on this server not in gran kain etc...in the end didn't go 4 a dagger class cause i always had the option to go archer at 40...and i would end up playing that which is boring 4 me at least...

​Just farm/pvp with mortal strike and see for yourself.

Daggers are pretty much what they used to be in C4-IL, that is, their weakest period, while most other classes got at least some of the goodies from later updates, e.g. arrest.

Also get ready for 90% land rate of root, stun, slows, you name it....

1) This video is from official servers... Not from here... On official servers backstab works.... 

2) Not to 1-shot robe users is unacceptable for a dagger.... Keep in mind that they can hit you  at least 3x before u can even get close, and I am not talking about stun, hold etc... 

3) In this server we lack damage, guess something is wrong on blow formula or the use of SS.... Dagger land rate is alright, you just need to get used to stay behind or you will miss most of your blows... 

4) You will have a very hard time lvling up.... Because of that, most of your enemies will be higher level than you, and because of that, you will suffer from stun, hold, slows, sleep etc.... 

5) If you really really want to play a dagger, go for it and be patient, maybe it will get better later on.... Otherwise you can choose a better option... 

2) To 1-shot anyone is unacceptable for a any class.

​Corrected.

I dare you to name more than a few mainstream rpg's, where rogues consistenly win 1v1 fights.

If a mage hits you three times before you get to him, you are doing something wrong. Like fighting solo with a fragile melee char.

Also if you have half-decent jewellry, mages in devotion should not be that hard to kill even with nerfed blow damage.

The other points are quite correct though.

I think u quoted something else... lol 

Anyway, there is something wrong but if its not corrected its also not the end of the world... Just bothers a bit to know that your class is screwed and a tank can crit harder than a DD.... 

Actually, if you are a dagger you MUST go behind target. Daggers are the cowards and treacherous guys, I have always hated them due their meanted playstyle is far away of my personality. By it's name and description, "Backstab", i think you should strike enemy's back with that skill. A manly toon would be a tank, either a warrior. Even a healer is way more manly than dagger, at least he sacrifice his life for his friends and is in the middle of the action.

Of course, i agree that wizards have been many times the "pet class". Just think about it, at start, the have buffs, heals and nukes. As fighter, you may have "self heal" either "self buff", and forget tanks glorious aggression. I don't see how if someone should choose a fighter before a wizard for a duo/trio at the begginins of the game. Unless you are an archer. Hell, archers rock. I created a human fighter i have won all the pvp's that i had until now. But i know that a well play wizy should do more than me (not against me, he has no chance for obvious reasons).