Sign in to follow this  
llcoolj12

Auction House - My Opinions

Hi :)

Ok when i first saw the auction house i tought wow .. nice idea.

Then i realised... What with real money? O.o

After that... i saw 50% commission ?... I hope this server will not become a " We run this server to make Money and thats why we run it,  server"

ATM im fine with that! (Lets say Ok not fine)  like u said you need also to make some money.

But i hope not everyone will instead of selling their stuff ingame with adena sell it only anymore to make Profit with real Money

My opinions....

Greetings

http://img.ifcdn.com/images/1d7100cd05fe6c203cbe44d730f92a68631a2ad326e04d96797d16d568fcc1a2_1.webm

Introducing an auction house to promote / allow the legal bartering of in game stuff for real money is extremely smart. It is an intelligent way to combat botting and the illegal sale of adena for money, while still allowing people to purchase things for money if they want. This will develop a legal, third-party economy that will help the server grow. People who want to farm for profit are now able to legally, and this farming will in turn help saturate the market with much needed materials and equipment.

"This is just gonna make this server even more pay2win!11!!11."

Cmon people, L2 is probably one of the least p2w games out there, and getting to the point of really being p2w would cost a person an insane amount of money to the point where I doubt anyone would invest enough to become imba.

Let's do a quick calculation:

Based on the onslaught of spam I get from adena sellers, it seems like the current rate is $5 per 1kk of adena. 

Let's say we are looking to OE an Akat Bow so we can p2w many nubs. An Akat is approximately 5kk in today's market, which equates to $25 for an unenchanted Akat.

To get it to the safe +3 you'd need 3 EWC. Each one of these is ~1.5kk. 3 of these would cost another $25, roughly.

To get a +3'd Akat would cost $50 in money in today's market.

Every + beyond that has a 60% chance of success, which means a 40% chance of failure (afaik, if enchanting is the same now as it was back in the day). So, with each enchant, you are risking your entire monetary investment. If you fail, you just wasted a minimum of $50, and every time you succeed, that value increases.

You could easily spend $1,000 and end up with nothing but a bunch of crystals from broken weapons. You may also end up with a really nice weapon if you're lucky -- but even so, there is only so much that one player can do in Lineage 2. A +10 Akat is scary, but counts for significantly less in the chaos of sieges or group clan wars.

The real threat is not that the game is p2w, but that botters acquire things for free, and so they can acquire imba equipment by paying nothing; THOSE are the people who threaten the server by being imba, NOT people who pay for currency and donations.

So, even though I definitely support the idea of the auction house, and definitely don't think it will result in a p2w situation for the server, there are a few things that I would definitely adjust.

1) 50% commission is absurdly high. People are not going to accept selling their items for half the value of the item. At this rate, people will probably still try to back-alley sell their stuff so they don't have to pay such an insanely high commission. The whole usefulness of the auction house, in my opinion, is to open accessibility to items for players, and to combat the third-party economy run by bots; in order for it to actually do this, the commission needs to be lower. I feel like 25% commission is a sensible point, at least for now. 50% commission screams "I want money" at the player base, and that is not the kind of culture that should be embedded in the server.

2) What safeguards are in place to ensure that nothing gets stolen? Right off the bat, I was scared that the page would somehow get hacked and that I would pay money but would receive nothing in return, effectively having someone steal my money. What assurances do the admin provide to ensure that this won't happen? Will I get reimbursed if my money somehow got stolen?

There are a few other things that I am skeptical about with regard to the Auction House, but I really gotta take a shi t, so I'll stop here. Overall am definitely excited to see this being introduced. I love L2, but I don't have time like I used to to grind out materials and stuff, so, if executed properly, this will really make my experience on this server much more positive.

• Like 2

decent commission. 

Popular services don't buy/sell items(only adena). This one does, so people definitely will use it. But to get maximum value from it server must have people that will fill this auc. atm strong clans that can farm epics and have extra items to sell just don't play because of party bug. In this case fixing this bug gives server long live, otherwise... 

well, it has its good points and bad points, the main good point to me is that it might be a way to fight against the gold trading companies, since i believe most of the players would prefer to buy stuff with the server itself making the deal then with some wtv random person. even if the % they get might be a bit high, it might pay off by security.

it might also increase a bit the will of players to play more actively, since lets face 1.0 doesnt have much late game contente, so now players have a reason to stick around and do something usefull while w8ing for the update.

and ofc, in the world we leave in, having a chance of getting some extra bucks by playing a computer game, i believe it sounds good for everyone

they are everywhere now, if they find some server with potential to go over 1.5k / 2k players, there they are spamming sh1t all day long.

Forget about the adena sellers. Focus on the thing that its done. This server become PAY2WIN. Server got greed for money. 

I was fighting bots with u, i was fighting adena sellers with u, i was fighting with u with the players making rumors about server dying or crying about no 9/9 pt.
Done it all coz of feeling this server may be good soon, no bots, no pay to win. That was my only fear, that this server will become like all other. It just did with this auction system.
I felt bad that u can get various item from donation, but still the items were not that decent, i felt like ill live with that. 
Lets be honest, i'm not donator type. I never spend a cent on, a game and ill not spend it still, and most reason is that in my country euro is counted x5 from our currency, and we make like 10 coins per hour, so when someone spend cash from 1 hour of job in real life in game, i would spend in game 5 hour of my work in real. Theres no euro at my country, so paying for game is very expensive. Still i honor donators who spend money so the server can be alive, and they need to get for that smthing in game, but i cannot accept if this is making them stronger than players that dont spend money in game at all, coz they cant.

Now u can buy things in game for real money, this is sick. Ppl spending cash for game ill get full items in just a blink of their wallets, and ill be farming for this sht out of me in 3months. Not.

50% commision? I understand administration "its for server reasons" but i believe that there on server ill valuable items appear just to make real money. I dont want to accuse anyone, but this will gonna happen.

I was very patient, i accept many things, theres 1 thing i cannot accept. Pay2win, all should be equal, give little things for paying ppl, but dont make them stronger. 

I dont know if someone agree with me, but i feel sad of spending 1 month of everyday playing to be forced of leave by such stupid thing like this auction system is. I had good feelings about this server.

• Like 1

Definitely i dont like the idea of auction house, you can see what diablo III had become with this type of thing. But considering the immense quantity of adena sellers on the server, i think it will at least help the server's administration, but either way, i dont support this idea (Pay to win all the way)

Forget about the adena sellers. Focus on the thing that its done. This server become PAY2WIN. Server got greed for money. 

I was fighting bots with u, i was fighting adena sellers with u, i was fighting with u with the players making rumors about server dying or crying about no 9/9 pt.
Done it all coz of feeling this server may be good soon, no bots, no pay to win. That was my only fear, that this server will become like all other. It just did with this auction system.
I felt bad that u can get various item from donation, but still the items were not that decent, i felt like ill live with that. 
Lets be honest, i'm not donator type. I never spend a cent on, a game and ill not spend it still, and most reason is that in my country euro is counted x5 from our currency, and we make like 10 coins per hour, so when someone spend cash from 1 hour of job in real life in game, i would spend in game 5 hour of my work in real. Theres no euro at my country, so paying for game is very expensive. Still i honor donators who spend money so the server can be alive, and they need to get for that smthing in game, but i cannot accept if this is making them stronger than players that dont spend money in game at all, coz they cant.

Now u can buy things in game for real money, this is sick. Ppl spending cash for game ill get full items in just a blink of their wallets, and ill be farming for this sht out of me in 3months. Not.

50% commision? I understand administration "its for server reasons" but i believe that there on server ill valuable items appear just to make real money. I dont want to accuse anyone, but this will gonna happen.

I was very patient, i accept many things, theres 1 thing i cannot accept. Pay2win, all should be equal, give little things for paying ppl, but dont make them stronger. 

I dont know if someone agree with me, but i feel sad of spending 1 month of everyday playing to be forced of leave by such stupid thing like this auction system is. I had good feelings about this server.

​look at it the other way around. you can be the one making Money from it. imagine you go kill a boss and you get a item you dont need you can just sell it and get couple of extra bucks in your pocket.

People are confusing for P2W term. P2W means that you can buy things for real money that's is not possible to get by other way.

And you can make some money with things without donate nothing

• Like 1

Pay 2 advance faster is the same than p2w, we are playing a classic server... , allready the CoL system is breaking the entire economy, and u want to implement an action house. They need to focus all the man power to fix the 9 party bug,  Because of that , the population is bleading out , every single day , the servers is dying step by step and im dont like it to be the bad guy here , but if the server still have the 9 party bug and no 2.0 when innova server comes out ,the server is gonna be one of the many other servers with 200 ppl on.

• Like 2

Pay 2 advance faster is the same than p2w, we are playing a classic server... , allready the CoL system is breaking the entire economy, and u want to implement an action house. They need to focus all the man power to fix the 9 party bug,  Because of that , the population is bleading out , every single day , the servers is dying step by step and im dont like it to be the bad guy here , but if the server still have the 9 party bug and no 2.0 when innova server comes out ,the server is gonna be one of the many other servers with 200 ppl on.

​​We are working on the party bug, we are focusing on it. But that's don't means that we don't make things to make the server better while party bug is fixed. Think about this: One guy donate 50 euros to buy a weapon (with CoLs for example, not action house). And he buy the weapon to you, yo that means that you now have the adena to buy a new weapon WITHOUT DONATE nothing. Different things will be if donating money we add the weapon in your inventary.

I understand the point , and allready know that the 9 party bug is top priority , but im afraid that 2.0 is not , and putting so much work and man power behind something like the AH , is a bald move , but , i dont know if it the right one. The server was on beta for about 6 months , and the 9 bug still there , im loosing the faith day.

different teams work on different parts of the project, the fact that we add new stuff, events, features etc, has nothing to do and in any way is interfering with the party fixing problm.

i just wish you guys fixed the pt bug before opening sv, it would be miracle by now, and i can completely enjoy it every single day without fear

​look at it the other way around. you can be the one making Money from it. imagine you go kill a boss and you get a item you dont need you can just sell it and get couple of extra bucks in your pocket.

​Lineage is for fun; not for making money out of it. If you have an item you dont want sell it for adena and then buy an item you want. This is not work or profit making machine.

I play lineage more than 12 years; and i disagree with the auction house idea.

​Lineage is for fun; not for making money out of it. If you have an item you dont want sell it for adena and then buy an item you want. This is not work or profit making machine.

I play lineage more than 12 years; and i disagree with the auction house idea.

​LOL say that to Instinct aka Койл.

wow  when this server become like this just a month happend  Wheel of luck now AH for real money , i dont think this server can live long with those maybe  you try get as much money as you can beforce closed what about  no RMT  now they support for RMT whatever this is not old lineage 2 im playing anymore  become someth   else

People are confusing for P2W term. P2W means that you can buy things for real money that's is not possible to get by other way.

And you can make some money with things without donate nothing

​​We are working on the party bug, we are focusing on it [...]

​Please dont say or stay in position of a player saying "it ill be fine" proving later that u re part of it, coz we can't believe u in that case.

Back to topic, u know what is also sad? Administration seems to not care for ppl opinion. I haven't seen anybody asking "Hey, what would u say about Lucky Wheel or Auction House?" or somebody make any pool "Do u want Lucky Wheel/Auction House" it just happened. U add such thing by ur own, fun fact topics always closed, maybe nobody ill be arguing or making thread about it, too bad we have toungues.
It just started to feel like greed for money. U try act cool like this is for us, but its mostly for u. Im sorry for tought words, i never was using words 'Administration' to point any problems, but we have to be honest now, it goes too far as somebody pointed, just month after start, but imho why so late? U should have done that at begining, before server opened If i could know that server would go Pay2Win i would not even start playing.

Never forget that this is private,never forget that they din't open the server so you can spend some nice moments,never forget that the money are the devil eyes.if you are able to remember this you will be just fine.

Now,after reading this topic and trying to predict how the bots will invade the server,or leaders from legions will be very rich in RL from selling items....its come in my mind a new idea for Devs,wich will help alot the server(including the staff) to survive.

They can create the "Classic Bank" project.

Its like in real life,same situation,same conditions.

With this project they can start loans Adena and you will deposit euro as guarantee.For ex with 25 euros you get 5kk Adena(prices from DAM rmt sellers who made me disable wishpers),ofc they can give you more so will be a battle betwen RMT and Devs.Also to give you a dead line to refund Adena and you can take back your money.(ofc dead line should be inmposible to reach,and if so they will keep your euro).IF you got 5kk adena you should give back 7kk for ex.

In conclusion:

1.server will survive better

2.direct fight againts RMT sellers

3.Euro won't go to RMT and i hope they will disappear from here.

4.Inflation won't be such a problem

I understand that the operators want to make money.
But now it is a pure P2W game.
The bots and Adena seller will rejoice, they have now a 2 path to get at RM.
So I prefer to play on the official Innova
server , I paid 10 euros per account but that's all. That there are no donations, or P2W Shop.
I hope it stays that long so, let's see.
There will indeed give bots, but there everywhere.
So I say bye bye, and wish you much fun.