Sign in to follow this  
Tealc

[POLL] Offline Shop?

OfflineSHOP Yes or No!?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have offline shop on Classic 1.0 Talking Island

• Yes
    • No

What can i say? Obviously everyone want the offline shop, but is what everyone want the best decision? I say no. I was one of the most important dwarves in an Spanish server and we have an "Commerce guild". We decide the minimun prices to controlate and equitative model of economy that works perfectly by years. But one day come somebody and said, "what if offline shops?". 

1.Prepare for the lag in Giran. You literally will not see the ground anymore. You'll walk over people.

2. Everyone will piss off the laws of the commerce like there's no tomorrow.

3.If you want to sell something, you have to sit your ass and wait. It's not fair that I'm here for you everyday just to see how an army of offline get the sweet way of commerce out of the game.

4. Negotiate and buy/sell things is also a model of game that will lose if offline shops appear. But hey, "i want to sell my stuff when i'm not in playing." Rules over all

You know the end of the story? I lost the interest in trading and selling, What was funny to talk with others vendors and have daily clients was switched to an army of offline robots.

If this server wants to be Classic must not have Offline Shop.

• Like 2

i'd rather not waste my time and electricity just to stare at my monitor while hoping to sell my stuff. just sayin'.

having offline shops is like having a Broker system, so i don't see what's the problem.

What can i say? Obviously everyone want the offline shop, but is what everyone want the best decision? I say no. I was one of the most important dwarves in an Spanish server and we have an "Commerce guild". We decide the minimun prices to controlate and equitative model of economy that works perfectly by years. But one day come somebody and said, "what if offline shops?". 

1.Prepare for the lag in Giran. You literally will not see the ground anymore. You'll walk over people.

2. Everyone will piss off the laws of the commerce like there's no tomorrow.

3.If you want to sell something, you have to sit your ass and wait. It's not fair that I'm here for you everyday just to see how an army of offline get the sweet way of commerce out of the game.

4. Negotiate and buy/sell things is also a model of game that will lose if offline shops appear. But hey, "i want to sell my stuff when i'm not in playing." Rules over all

You know the end of the story? I lost the interest in trading and selling, What was funny to talk with others vendors and have daily clients was switched to an army of offline robots.

If this server wants to be Classic must not have Offline Shop.

​+1, with Offline Shop u could create 10 chars 1lvl and create shop at same time.

as Draqla says i will make some rules, for example:

1. the 12h its ok so people as its said here wont leave lvl 1 chars with shop

2. u need level 10 to make offline shop (for example)

3. I will make as its done in other server some buyable item that have a low price like 500a-1k to make an off shop for that 12h, so people wont make stupid shops (500a-1k its high price here)

4. and OFC premium account have offshop for free and even for "infinite" hours

I think offline shops just for premium accounts, but yes, definitely it's a good option.

It's really really dumb to have to keep the game running in the background just to have a shop.

I would definitely pay for drop info and offline shops.

if they could simply limit the offline shops to all characters lv20+ that have completed the 1st class transfer + giving it a timeframe of 12h max for the offline shop, should be more than fine.

I know this is not oldschool L2 feature and not even classic.But plz implement it! I dont want to sleep with PC on all night or left when im at work.:) No idea why they didnt add this to classic ru...

Add it at least for premium accounts!

I think best idea - offline shop with price in adena. Something like - 5000 aden per 24h

​What he said^

I really, really want offline shops here.

On of the best things in L2's bussiness is running around Giran, trying to find the best price for the Stones of Purity, buying Zubei keys for 5.000 adena from some 'sell' shop and selling it for 6.000 to another 'buy' shop just few meters away and selling Soulshots for double the regular price just because you took the best spot under the stairs in Giran :)

None of these will be possible if there'll be only like 50 shops on the square because many people just won't just let their computers on through the night.

I vote for a fixed fee to set up your offline shop, that is based on char lvl. If possible, I would have added "that" towns taxrate on any profit made from selling.

That way you wouldnt perhaps setup a shop on "enemy grounds", supporting them. Which in turn prevents clogging of certain "more popular areas for trading".

I vote for a fixed fee to set up your offline shop, that is based on char lvl. If possible

​Than it should be bot proof, like higher level - cheaper offline shop... or if opposite way than offline shop should be available from level 20 only.

I vote for a fixed fee to set up your offline shop, that is based on char lvl. If possible

​Than it should be bot proof, like higher level - cheaper offline shop... or if opposite way than offline shop should be available from level 20 only.

​I think its better if they base the fee for setting up a shop, by a small percentage based on of how much Adena a character at a certain lvl has the possibility to bring in when farming in a most "common way".

That way it will always cost you a fair sum of Adena, even if your lvl is 27 or 55. It would take some time to adjust this, but that way Adena will go out of the system, not only in, which in the end causes price inflation.

However, the price difference for setting up a shop between different char lvls isnt going be drastically high. It needs to be an amount that doesnt make people choose to rather sell all their items via low lvl chars for most profit.

• Like 1

WTF is wrong with you people? How can you argue against offline shop? It is so much convenience with so little impact.... How is offline shop any different than having that same char logged on another computer? Lineage is so old, that you can literally let that dwarf sit on a laptom from the LAST CENTURY. I actually played on one at a time (IBM X20 if you're wondering).

Advanteges?

- Saving energy and sleep.

- Convenience

- Allowing access to private store for people that for some reason don't have 15 years old computer around

Disadvantages?

- Allowing easier access to private store to lazy people.

- Allowing easier access to private store to scammers

- market competition (because that is obviously a bad thing to some people)

- no, it will not ruin, or actually affect the classic experience at all.

Getting killed by monsters when sitting idle in town? a) only L2j works that way. b) if you're affraid, no one forces you to do it c) no different than being actually online but afk d) what Draqla said

Not being able to cartel and dominate the economy? In lineage? Like:WTF? Who the f' cares? If you want to roleplay a dwarven merchant, Lineage and "Classic hardcore" is really not the place for you to be.

If and when we get to a point where there is 1000+ people online at all times, we may discuss why and how to discourage unnecessary shops. Until then CacheSizeMegs=256 or hit Alt plus f'ing P in town, if your computer can't handle it.

Also: private stores can be banned from Giran with teleporter and other NPC copied somewhere else, like Giran harbor.

I don't mean to be rude, but the arguments of some people are just ridiculous.

Offline shop need just some adjustment, like be lv 20, max 10h online (sleeping/working time).

And 2 restriction about dual box : Free user have to choose between playing or Offline shop / Premium account can still playing but have to choose between dual box a buffer/another char or Offline shop.

I think with these adjustment Offline shop can be allowed without affect economy and add more comfort for people.

Options:

16-18 hours limit: (instead of 12) to accomodate those of us, that actually have jobs to attend, but more is hardly beneficial.

Minimum level/class transfer: Good idea. This can actually separate "i mean business" form "nah, it's free, why not make zillion alt scammers"

Paid in adena: possible (fixed price please), but min lvl is better

PA to make it free: ok. For ONE char.

Only available for PA: that would probably be the tipping point for me to get PA

Taxes from PSs: briliant idea. Seriously, i like it, it would make other town much more alive, and also satisfy those who want to play transport tycoon in L2. Too bad it's unrealistic to code and, duh, there are no CS's and therefore no lords.....yet ;)

Dual/PA/multiple PS restriction: Not sure if this is doable (how do you check for an application that is NOT running?). I think level/transfer restriction is enough of a deterrent to making too many shops though.

If done by a consumable item (most common), that item should be undroppable, untradable, unmailable, untransferable.

it's a given that if you're setting up an offline shop, it's because you're actually going offline and log off from the client.

as for the restrictions: putting only a level cap probably wouldn't be enough, because botters could simply ignore the class change quests and keep farming mobs as much as they can.

so making it for lv20+, that have also completed their first class change, would already be a better limitation for bots/scammers.

as for the time required for the offline shop: i don't see where's the problem in making it with no time limit.

but if for some reason it's having an impact on server access, then simply limit it to 12h max and that's it, or 6h if it's really necessary.

any other option would be just trivial an unnecessary imo.

Now... let me say few things about Offline shops :) Some of you might be offended, some might Agree with mee, I dont care.
SOLUTION is SIMPLE !!!!

1. When you boys grow up, you will go to work, and start pay for your own electricy bills ( not Mommy or Daddy ), than you will undarstand how nice it is to pay less this month :).
2. Since C4 I remember, shops was only: online computer, sit, and sell. I agree with one memmber that selling-trading-bargain was fun in this game, it's a small soul in game community.
3. Limit offline shops only for Premiums or stupid items = kill competition, and bring monopoly or speculation into economy.
4. In Goddes solution was good, you set up some stuff for sale and go farm, somebody bought it you recived mail. F*** NICE !! No traffic, no shop zones or other stuff !SIMPLE ????   SIMPLE !!!!!
5 ALTERNATIVE !!!!!!:  Create skill equal to amount of fish tickets ( are fishing is possible here ??? sorry I dont know ). Made it possible to buy Buy/Sale Skill to limit in some way amount of bots sitting offline, and than turn it offline and switch off computer for 14h. Some ppl will have one shop, some will have 3.

6. Limitation of offline hours might be good for competence. Mostly for Buying Mats Shops. Thats not that bad I think. :)

Cheers lads, hope you undarstand me :)
Now back to work, earn money for electricy bills :)

if there was a broker system in Classic, we wouldn't be here talking about offline shops.

only a retard would prefer to pay more bills than usual just to let a pc running in order to sell their shit in a videogame.

• Like 1

There is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be allowed, and enough with the donates pls. stupid PA already have dual box from what we know, that'S already a huge advantage, stop trying to turn this into another stalone pay to win server.

either allow it or don't, but make it the same to EVERYONE.

Why not just make offline shop possible only 20LVL+ and also have scrolls or something that sell in grocery shops. 1 scroll = 6 hours of offline shop. That way we dont have bunch of lvl 1 chars selling and those who are legit would decide if its worth to buy scroll & set up offline shop or leave the computer on and not pay anything.

And also NO do not make any advantages for premium just because if non-premium users wont be able to have dual box, how else will they be able to sell if you dont allow them to do offline shop?