Sign in to follow this  
Anomica

Antibot Issues & Bluestacks

Dear my beloved gms, admins,stuff and players

Don't get me wrong on this am happy this server is bot free but!
My hopes went up for this project by your announcements for the new antibot system.
Truth is bots su*k we don't want them in our community and it's the main reason most players play here!
But strict anti-bot policies and ban hammers shouldn't be left to be decided by a program.

As good as your anti bot program is peoples computers are full of viruses and 3rd party software that they maybe
dont even know is in their pc sometimes or they are using it for some other reason than botting in your server.
These programs leave traces of their self in your system even thought we closed them just to enjoy our favorite game
and the new anti-bot is possible to detect and warn/ban the user.

I am not a free2play player so I never had the need of bot program to farm my way up. But I got a warn in this server
several times even thought I never used a bot program for l2.
Later I discovered when I had Bluestacks (android game emulator) on it got detected as bot...ok I will not use them at
the same time or I will use my laptop when I need to but what if in the next update my bussiness software (which believe me is virus itself) gets detected???
(Guess what am not gonna quit my job)

I am sure that if you monitor with an active GM all your warnings you get by your anti-bot system 80%+ of them
are virus related or 3rd party that has nothing to do with lineage so either ensure us that you will lift all faulse bans
will be caused by these or just stick to the warnings have active bot hunters and keep updating this anti-bot.

PS: I am not going to pay for an unban I didn't deserve and most people wont too I hope you get my point!

Dear my beloved gms, admins,stuff and players

Don't get me wrong in this am happy this server is bot free but!
My hopes are up for this project by your announcements for the new antibot system.
Truth is bots su*k we don't want them in our community and it's the main reason most players play here!
But strict anti-bot policies and ban hammers shouldn't be left to be decided by a program.

As good as your anti bot program is peoples computers are full of viruses and 3rd party software that they maybe
dont even know is in their pc sometimes or they are using it for some other reason than botting in your server.
These programs leave traces of their self in your system even thought we closed them just to enjoy our favorite game
and the new anti-bot is possible to detect and warn/ban the user.

I got a warn in this server several times even thought I never used a bot program for l2. Later I discovered when I had
Bluestacks (android game emulator) on it got detected as bot...

I am sure that if you monitor with an active GM all your warnings you get by your anti-bot system 80%+ of them
are virus related or 3rd party that has nothing to do with lineage so either ensure us that you will lift all faulse bans
will be caused by these or just stick to the warnings have active bot hunters and keep updating this anti-bot.

PS: I am not going to pay for an unban I didn't deserve and most people wont too I hope you get my point!

​Hello. And what is your account name?

• Like 1

Should I post my password too? Is that really safe Koll to do that in forum. I am in no need for an unban am just expressing my oppinion about your bot policy so I wont have to deal with nasty support conversation when me or a friend of mine gets banned by watching corn(with a p). I have dealt with this thing several times in the past and since this is a serious project I hope we do sothing about it before it begins!

Should I post my password too? Is that really safe Koll to do that in forum. I am in no need for an unban am just expressing my oppinion about your bot policy so I wont have to deal with nasty support conversation when me or a friend of mine gets banned by watching corn(with a p). I have dealt with this thing several times in the past and since this is a serious project I hope we do sothing about it before it begins!

​You can give char name.

Edited by Koll

Same as my forum name never Posted anonymously. Anomica

I don't see you in ban list.

About: why not just warn players - cause only warn increase time of making bots pass protection. And we warn more then enough time to stop using bots.

I heard many stories like:

It was my brother that start bot.

I was just interested what is this file I have on my PC, that's why I started it.

I didn't want to use bot, I just started it to check.

The only way to have server without bots - is ban them. If we will only warn, players will stop botting only after get warn and till bot dev team make pass protection. After bot will pass protection they will start botting again.

And now if you want risk and lose your char - you can do it. If you don't want to lose your char, just play as everyone - FAIR!

Edited by Koll
  • Like 3

YES I totally agree with you but DONT ban them withh anti-bot programs...those things are to prevent them from login not ban them!

I dont need an unban and I don't use bots hate them as much as you.

I will insist check them then ban them yourself but an automatic ban system??? How sure you are???

YES I totally agree with you but DONT ban them withh anti-bot programs...those things are to prevent them from login not ban them!

I dont need an unban and I don't use bots hate them as much as you.

I will insist check them then ban them yourself but an automatic ban system??? How sure you are???

​Each ban are logging. If you will tell me char name that was banned, I can show you log and you will see that ban was correct.

Edited by Koll

And fix bluestacks is getting detected as bot....can't play clash :D

​It's not bluestacks. Protection doesn't even care about this program started.

Edited by Koll

Sign in to follow this