Cyane

Raid Boss: for archers only? Tank running in circles only?

Hello. I want to know if there are cps who actually have done raid bosses with a tank standing in front of Raid bosses as i remember of older chronicles. It seems that even with healers in party, tanks can not handle for too long the hits of raid bosses, so they just run in circles for 1h+, and only people with bows are allowed. 

Is there any party set up or raid boss that could be made for meles?

Not a request to change anything. Just asking according to your experience.

Thanks

Hello. I want to know if there are cps who actually have done raid bosses with a tank standing in front of Raid bosses as i remember of older chronicles. It seems that even with healers in party, tanks can not handle for too long the hits of raid bosses, so they just run in circles for 1h+, and only people with bows are allowed. 

Thanks

Only chronicles you could do that was pre c5, rb got really pumped after and during c5, but then zealoth happened.

Also the 1 fucking minute spawn or less for fighters doesnt help either in here.

• Like 1

yea  so u need 3 coin 

1 for "W" , 1 for "A" or "D" and the last for  the aggression skill on your skill bar . Jam the keys whit the coin and go get a drink or food  :P

• Like 1

Thanks

​If u get good slow debuf characters like freezing strike + bleed + entangle etc , u can do rb with meele pt but still tank is runing circles, we tried it, it goes even faster if u have good meele dds plus bd/sws hit :). If u stay, healers will go out of mana, no chance. Tbh this whole conception with training mobs/ doing rbs in circles looks stupid :D

• Like 1

Thanks

​the "problem" of doing RBs in the traditional way is that it requires a tank with enchanted top gear and good mp management from healers/support, two things that are very hard to come by when doing party with randoms.

currently the bosses are hitting as hard as to 3-4 shot tanks, while back in c4 if you had enough gear and buffs, you could pretty much duo any RB that didn't had guards with any melee DD+healer because they were hitting like a normal mob. since back in the days there were people soloing low lv RBs with destroyers in frenzy buffed by high lv SEs, my guess is that they wanted to avoid repeating the same mistakes of the past.

thing is that changing RBs stats also changed the way people approach them. doing a party with 7 bows, a healer and a tank has become pretty much the basic setup for doing RBs nowdays, simply because there's less risks of wiping involved and it takes way less effort on mp management. add an overhit by fighter classes at the end and voilà, extra exp for everyone.

Maybe reduce P.atk Atk.Speed of all bosses, enough to keepe tank safe and Bishop EE assist when raid figthers on! 

the problem is that if the guards are archers, even with UD most tanks won't manage to survive until all the guards are down.

i've been there before, and i've seen that it's not doable. you either get two 40+ tanks with AoE aggro and good gear, so one of them takes the boss while the other keeps the guards focused on him, otherwise it's gonna be a wipe 100% of the times.

not to mention that you always have to keep an eye on the guards respawn to avoid getting the healers oneshotted, so it requires constant attention.

that's also why nobody is doing them with random parties, people just look for RBs that are either solo or with melee guards simply because they're way easier to deal with.

In c5/interlude you were doing raids with frenzied destros. GF+ you could actualy easlily do raids with melee groups.

Classic is fked up in so many ways. Including RBs, retarded ability to agro ALL the mobs by tank/sws/bd if they are already attacking a target, no efficient place for melee classes to PVE and so on...

Maybe you can stack debuffs and do it. 

Party hex cubic + stigma + nightshade debuff + gladiator hex + cat buff 

You can log on the PTS and try it out with some friends.

The one time phantom summoner will be useful l0l. 

I wish more people did raid bosses. Maybe we could get some affordable demon gloves in the game then. You can't even get the fabric as a drop anymore. :/

• Like 1

Well when i did 2nd class on my tank and went FP set on RB's i EG i could afford to tank them :P

​Apparently no one does high level raids because they take too long, and all they drop is c grade. Which really disappoints me. :(

• Like 1