Cyane

Raid Boss Party Set Up for Meles

Hello. i want to share a test that shows the efficiency of a coordinated mele cp (done by me with macros) for raid bosses with no minions.
A mele party (9) for raid bosses requires at least:

1 tank (between 5-8 lvls higher than RB, with +Con tattoes)
1 SwS
1 buffer
1 bishop
1 recharger (ee for better defense, se for better offense)

The rest would be filled with dds with levels similar to the raid boss. 
So i think classic allows tank classes to stand against raid bosses, mele dds should be accepted in raid boss parties too. Mp management its not a problem. It just requires organization and a good teamwork. And That was me with macros. Active supports would be much better.

After 64+, mp managment will be better with clarity. Shield fortress(64+) and Chant of Earth ("Greater Shield" 58+) would help tank classes too. With a shilien elder, mele dds could take benefit of stigma. Also, the fact that by this way dds can hit 100% off time from behind (more damage). 
I hope to see more than just archer parties with tanks running on circles for hours.
Thks for reading and leave a comment!

thats nice video, but what would u do once u lose aggro on that raid and will start to chase random DD? (even if, we facetanked several times even with DD with B armor, its doable eventho we had EE/SE in pt for more mana)
i mean, facetanking of RB is doable, u just dont wanna do that in random pt coz they dont have healer and even if, i wouldnt really trust random healer that he wont let me die

i have in mind a more offensive setup, especially because i don't like to waste time and money in order to get down a single RB:

- BD for dances + hex;

- SwS for increased critical rate with song;

- SE for heals, VR + stigma;

- PP for haste/zerk lv2, greater might and additional heals;

- DA for reflect damage + summon;

- WK for Blessing of Queen(+crit rate/damage);

- add 3 warriors/assassins/archers of your choice.

a shaman with poison/bleed can be an alternative dps for one of them too, plus reflect damage buff from WC if you plan to go full melee. mana burn for healer guards helps as well.

that's only regarding melee setups of course, and you can still have all damage dealers on either melee weapons or bows depending on the difficulty of the boss.

And what about phantom summoner.

NightShade has:

1. Heals for tank.

2. Debuff decrease pdef/mdef

3.phantom cubic decrease pdef, Park, atkSpeed (mass cubic)

4.cubic apark, great chant tô stum boss time to time.

Master summoner with robe has a lot of mana to assist heals ppl when boss agro on then.

I'm level 58 phntim summoner, next time can I join raidboss and try to help?.

1, pp great pdef bless

1,EE Shields clarity heal

1,PS debuffs cubs heals

1, song pdef critic

1,dance critcals speed hex

4, dd

SE out for stigma

• Like 1

:D:D:D 

Stuned guy.

F1 players , 

Do aways the same thing, the same way.

:S

thats nice video, but what would u do once u lose aggro on that raid and will start to chase random DD?

​Thks. I think that its less probable to loose tank's agro with this party set up, because tank would be hitting all the time + shield slam. That creates more agro than a tank who is just spamming agro and running. But if it happens, this party would have a bishop to counter that situation better vs a party off 1 tank, 1 buffer, 7 archers.

i have in mind a more offensive setup, especially because i don't like to waste time and money in order to get down a single RB:

- BD for dances + hex;

- SwS for increased critical rate with song;

- SE for heals, VR + stigma;

- PP for haste/zerk lv2, greater might and additional heals;

- DA for reflect damage + summon;

- WK for Blessing of Queen(+crit rate/damage);

- add 3 warriors/assassins/archers of your choice.

a shaman with poison/bleed can be an alternative dps for one of them too, plus reflect damage buff from WC if you plan to go full melee. mana burn for healer guards helps as well.

that's only regarding melee setups of course, and you can still have all damage dealers on either melee weapons or bows depending on the difficulty of the boss.

Thks for response. Dps would be higher without any doubt.

​Against the same raid boss of the video, im not sure if the tank would survive without a bishop. A Se as a healer + stigma would eventually be without mp, with no recharger to help him. Lack of advanced shield, and in some situations the lack of stun resist and fast rebuff of a wc against mass cancel would be problematic i think. SwS defense buffs are a must.

And what about phantom summoner.

NightShade has:

1. Heals for tank.

2. Debuff decrease pdef/mdef

3.phantom cubic decrease pdef, Park, atkSpeed (mass cubic)

4.cubic apark, great chant tô stum boss time to time.

Master summoner with robe has a lot of mana to assist heals ppl when boss agro on then.

1, pp great pdef bless

1,EE Shields clarity heal

1,PS debuffs cubs heals

1, song pdef critic

1,dance critcals speed hex

4, dd

SE out for stigma

​Unfortunately, bd hex and cubic hex doesnt stack. Debuff decrease pdef of Nightshade's effect is little. 

(Bishop + EE + WC) ~ (EE + Se + Pp + Nightshade Heal) > (Se + Pp) in terms of mp management to stay the tank alive. So it could work i think!

3 dds!. A se out of party doesnt count, is not fair xD

----------

One more question for raid boss: would 7 archers have more dps Vs 4 mele dds with stigma + song of hunter (and 100% off time hitting from behind)?

Thanks everyone for responses, i would like to read more comments

u're trying to tell the ppl that those are macros? How do u make them recharge and heal at exactly the same percentage over and over again?

This is just another guy trying to act like a good guy while trying to prove something using bots, lol.

Anyways melees with bows is a safe method for rbs.

u're trying to tell the ppl that those are macros? How do u make them recharge and heal at exactly the same percentage over and over again?

This is just another guy trying to act like a good guy while trying to prove something using bots, lol.

Anyways melees with bows is a safe method for rbs.

​healings are not done at same % of tanks HP
if u have good macros, u can do that easily, its just matter of how fast u can react with alt+tab

• Like 1

Lack of advanced shield, and in some situations the lack of stun resist and fast rebuff of a wc against mass cancel would be problematic i think.

that's also another reason that explains why people have stopped doing RBs with melee weapons: because some RBs have debuffs. 

so rather than doing RBs with melees and get debuffed 100% of the times, it is way safer to do them with bows, since debuffs apparently do not trigger at all, or trigger very rarely.

if you include less mp management required for heals, along with less risks of wiping involved due to kiting, it's not a surprise that everyone is doing them with bows nowdays.