wonszyna

sword / blunt mastery

Hey

I have a question. Does sword / blunt mastery from swordsinger passives apply to 2 handed swords ? Or does it only works with 1 handed ?

Thank you for answers :)

I tested this by learning a new lvl of "Blunt/Sword Mastery" on a destroyer while having equipped a Dwarven Hammer. P.attack stayed the same.

no, it doesn't.

there's a reason why destroyers have two different weapon mastery for 2 handed weapons and 1 handed weapons.

any other mastery from knight or warrior classes works only with 1 handed weapons.

SwS passives increase p.atk when using two-handed sword/blunt. At this moment test server is offline, but i have tested it before because i have a sws. Destroyer has an exclusive passive for two-handed weapon and a "Sword/blunt weapon mastery" and they stack eachother. So SwS will do less damage than destroyer, but more damage with a two handed sword/blunt than classes without "Sword/Blunt mastery".

At first i tought it was a bug, but then i checked some guides, forums and L2Calc and i discovered that it was always like that. For example, something that i found really "rare" is that Gladiator deals the same damage with a dual-sword and two-handed sword/blunt (same p.atk). Thats because he has Sword/Blunt mastery, which increases his p.atk for two-handed sword/blunt.

http://empire.achor.net/v7.4/acwebs/data/blog/default/community/data/l2_sim/v1.41/

NOTE: Anyway, SwS is a class more oriented to defense. Go for 1h weapon +Heavy+Shield to take more benefit from your shield masteries and songs. You will AoE a lot so you will usually be the only tank of your party.

SwS passives increase p.atk when using two-handed sword/blunt. At this moment test server is offline, but i have tested it before because i have a sws. Destroyer has an exclusive passive for two-handed weapon and a "Sword/blunt weapon mastery" and they stack eachother. So SwS will do less damage than destroyer, but more damage with a two handed sword/blunt than classes without "Sword/Blunt mastery".

At first i tought it was a bug, but then i checked some guides, forums and L2Calc and i discovered that it was always like that. For example, something that i found really "rare" is that Gladiator deals the same damage with a dual-sword and two-handed sword/blunt (same p.atk). Thats because he has Sword/Blunt mastery, which increases his p.atk for two-handed sword/blunt.

http://empire.achor.net/v7.4/acwebs/data/blog/default/community/data/l2_sim/v1.41/

Dont believe me? just wait for the Test server to be online again and i will post some screenshots.

​that sounds really weird to me, as far as i remember different weapon mastery shouldn't stack together, only exception made for lv1~20 basic mastery wich are not even real weapon mastery, but rather just passive p.atk boosts.

by that logic, every class with 1h sword/blunt mastery can deal more damage with both 1h and 2h sword/blunt while keeping the same passive bonus increase on p.atk for both types, and that's exactly what L2Calc is showing.

at this point, however, i'm not sure anymore about what could or couldn't be a bug, and since 2h weapons have more p.atk by default, it's a given that they increase p.atk by a higher ratio compared to 1h weapons.

the only test that could prove anything here would be to lv a knight or warrior to 20 and then, after putting on a 2h sword or blunt, try to see if the p.atk gets boosted by 1h sword/blunt mastery.

if it does, then L2Calc was right. otherwise, that tool won't be very reliable anymore.

on a sidenote, if it will result to be true, then there could also be an additional change in gear setup pvp-wise when 2.0 comes and SAs gets added.

I hope they add top b two-handed sword/blunt on drop too, since this items already exist in test server and SA will make them more interesting yeah. And A grade two-handed weapons as well in 2.0, why not

in theory they should be added, as stated in the 2.0 patch notes, but only up to c5 weapons, wich means there won't be any top A from the Freya weapon serie.

as for the mastery discussion, regardless of the results, classes with specific weapons will still go for them in order to use most of their class skills( triple slash from gladiators, dances from BDs, etc).

the only doubt left here will be for destroyers, since they'll eventually have to lv up 2 different weapon mastery at the same time to maximize damage, and tanks like SWS/TK or SK if they want to deal more damage with greatswords in PvE, or against mages/healers/support in PvP.

all of the above still depends on the results about the weapon mastery test.

Finally, the results of the test: (TEST - SERVER)

As it can be seen, both passives increase p.atk with two-handed weapon

Here is Gladiator with same p.atk with both weapons due to Sword/Blunt Weapon Mastery:

no, it doesn't.

there's a reason why destroyers have two different weapon mastery for 2 handed weapons and 1 handed weapons.

any other mastery from knight or warrior classes works only with 1 handed weapons.

​There are 2 different masteries on warriors to increase p atk gap between 1 and 2 hand weapons on these classes to encourage them to use 2h weapons over 1h + shield. They both work for 2h sword/blunt, but only 1 works for 1handed

i see.

guess it can be helpful for some tank/support classes that don't have to rely on stun skills, like shilen knight or sws for example, althou it would be most suited for solo PvE or PvP vs mages.