Sign in to follow this  
Arcanum

About SAs in 2.0 and duals

Special abilities will show up in a different way. 

NCsoft wanted you to get Runes only from Olympiad and only Level 1 rune. But we thought it will be boring to just collect points and buy them. We want you to have fun and fight for bosses with higher rune levels, check them each 10 minutes just to get this rune like you checking epic bosses.

Following this way of thinking we decided to make our own system.

- You can use 2 runes to try to combine them into a higher level Rune but depending of the level of the lower level rune chances are lower to succeed. As in you have in one side 2 runes level 3 and on other a rune lvl 3 and a rune level 2. the chance of the 2 runes level 3 become a level 4 is higher then the chance of the rune lvl 3 and rune lvl 2 to become rune lvl 4.

- Rune you will get if succeed will be one level higher then the higher rune u combined.

- If you fail to combine the runes into a higher level rune, the lower level rune will be lost.

- Different levels and types of rune will give different stats when applied to a weapon. EX; a rune level 5 will give lets say 5 % casting speed while a rune level 3 will give only 3 % casting speed.

- To use the runes you just Click on it and select the weapon you want to use + the bonus u want to get from it.

- The Enhancement process will consume the rune and some amount of Gemstones based on the grade of the weapon you are using.

- This system is still up to some changes in the future, but you can get from here an idea of how it will be working.

since it's not very clear to me, i just wanted to ask: will we still need to +4 a pair of duals in order to activate the SA in 2.0, or only the runes will be required?

i'm asking this simply because in GoD for R99 duals only a specific cry was required in order to bestow an SA on the weapon, while for duals going from C to S80 grade the +4 was still required.

the crystal "path"(rune in this case) would be actually more fair to everyone, since people won't be forced to OE duals to +4 just to get an SA with the risk of throwing away time and money, and it would also benefit the market since there would be more people looking for runes.

any info from mods/admins will be appreciated.

duals will not need to be +4 to have SA.

​​can we get some more info about runes? The reason is maybe some weapons that are now cheap will get expensive on 2.0, we are interested to know if SA's will be the same like on pmfun.com

as i said before, SA will not be based on the weapon but based on the rune used. you can even go acumen on a bop if you want to.

• Like 2

as i said before, SA will not be based on the weapon but based on the rune used. you can even go acumen on a bop if you want to.

​​I mean more concrete information, like there will be magic paralyze runes? body blessing and so on? Need to prepare for oly :P