Balthier

Classic 2.0 and Summoners

Hi, i'm a new player who wants to try for the first time ever Summoners on Classic 2.0, i've did a little research and noticed that summoners are pretty much garbo atm, said that, how will the 2.0 changes affect Summoners? are they going to be good after the patch or are they going to still being irrelevant? also, if you guys could give any tips for a first time Summoner i would apreciate a lot, hope my english is understandable, hehe :D.

The best tip is to reroll to necro or just wait to 2.0

But if you really love summoners, then start leveling one to be prepared for 2.0

2.0 = Beast SS and SPS + new skills and summons.

They'll be great for oly, as they always have been

I haven't started playing yet, i'm pretty much waiting for 2.0 just to play summoner.

Are they good for oly only?

​They are good at solo leveling, oly, small scale PvP, warlock/ES have awesome buffs for party... 

you need to know that unlike retail , summoners here have seraphim , queen cat etc. The skills dont go full lvl but at least you are a bit usefull. After 2.0 you will have pet ss too so it gets a bit better.

The real question is, will they be worth playing in 2.0 or should i play Warlord/HawkEye(my two favorite classes)?

​Why would you want to play summoner if your two favourite classes are WL and HE?

They'll be worth, of course

The real question is, will they be worth playing in 2.0 or should i play Warlord/HawkEye(my two favorite classes)?

​Why would you want to play summoner if your two favourite classes are WL and HE?

They'll be worth, of course

​For the sake of trying something new, and i always thought that Summoners were strong in classic :/.

​They re worth to play now and will be more worth to play in 2.0

U better start now and make cash to be ready for 2.0.

The main reason why i'm waiting is because i'm kinda busy atm, so i have a excuse to procastinate my start hehe, but thanks guys for the tips, i think i will give it try and if i don't like the results i will just reroll to my mains.

not only they will be worth playing in 2.0, but warlock will be a must class for archer cps (and they have to decide if they want active one or just box one, i liked active warlock in pt ;) )

This thread again.

If you want to play a summoner, just play them. 

If you don't like it, you can class transfer for 20 euros. 

If you purely solo, you'll probably quit before you're 60. Just because of how godawful leveling one is.

I've pretty much only solod on my summoner, and with ~1500 hrs on my character, I am only level 67.

If you're in a party, you'll just be a buff bot. (Keep in mind, if theres already another summoner in your party, you aint getting in)

This means you press 1 macro every 22 minutes

- Use blessings of the queen

- delay 110

- Repeat

alt tab to diablo 3

Wow! What a great innovative party experience. 

Why weren't beast shots added during 1.5? The d grade market would of fallen apart. 

Also people need to make their +16 emi bows and +12 str to deal with our summon's static 44 crit rate and our 1 year bugged movespeed. 

Lets not forget how there isn't even BLESSED beast spirit shots in 2.0

Have fun with your future summoner! lul

Mail me your gear when u quit

• Like 2

Well, despite de the salt, your reply was pretty spot on, guess i'll just play the mainstream then, and yes, i've read those previous threads, i just wanted to know how 2.0 would affect summoners.

I got curious about summoners since i never played it, thought classic was a good chronicle for them, i've been a fool i guess. :/

​Btw, did u played ur classes on classic? U can always go WL, true, u will see how well is Warlord boosted in classic.