Kaervas

Recommended class for a beginner?

Hello everyone, how is it going? 

I used to play the game like ten years ago and something made me want to scratch the itch again. I'm not a hardcore gamer anymore and just looking to enjoy myself and have a good time. 

I need recommendation on fun classes for playing solo. By fun I mean classes with movement speed boost, not impossible to solo level and rather cheap to play since I'm not planning on making a dwarf.

Thanks for your time!

I would go with dagger, 2.0 will bring very good mobility to dagger class, lvling is cheap enough all you need are soul shots and white healing potions, the only problem is actually lvling him up, especially withouth buffers. 

Edited by Baluu

i would suggest hawkeye, overall average in every direction, not that hard gameplay, lvling is just fine and adenas will come as u progress

as soon as sws\tank is needed 24\7 for aoe\rb in party matching....

U will not need even a weapon - starting dagger is good enough to make trains\tank rb. sws have wind song, some self-buffs so u can do solo as well. FP set is good enough for tanking - ~6kk - cheap. If not play in pvp - c luxor jewels is fine for trains in ev-abg.

i recommend u summoner

with upcoming 2.0 is the best solo class :D

at the current 1.5  ES suit well in both AOE / SOLO exp

Edited by EMpoweR

5 hours ago, EMpoweR said:

i recommend u summoner

with upcoming 2.0 is the best solo class :D

at the current 1.5  ES suit well in both AOE / SOLO exp

It will get nerfed on buffed pets. Because there is no logic with criticals, reuse time. If they keep cat buff in da house. Destros will hit 30 k+. 

With all the runes already max crit rate.

Yep summoner is nice now for solo player and i like it, but i dont see balance on keeping the buffs.

ES is also an option BUT 1)its rarelly need in AOE pt till 56(clar+acu+emp+gift\regen only since 56) - ppl still will take DD\EE instead of u 2)make solo till 56 - no acu\emp - so u need SE box 3) u need demon++ or soes for solo and its at least 80kk 4) if u go solo for non-stop - its pricy(spirit ore for horses+hp pots).

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Right now I'm considering the following:

• Orc Destroyer : Because using two handed weapons is awesome, but I'm a little worried that all their skills are to be used at less than 30% HP. It is also less PvE focused than the Warlord from what I've read.
  • Orc Warcryer: They look pretty badass and I've read online that hey are nice hybrids. Leveling is a pain, apparently.
  • Human Hawkeye: My first character long ago was an elven archer and I really like the way it looks with the white and orange armor set.
  • Human Dark Avenger: They seem to be pretty good at meele and they also get a badass pet.
  • Human Warlord: Easy to level killing many green mobs, but they seem to be very focused in PvE.

I forgot to mention that while I enjoy PvE mostly, I want to be able to PvP somewhat efficiently while leveling. By solo I don't mean avoiding parties, but rather not devoting serious play time to a guild/organized group.

Thanks again.

51 minutes ago, Kaervas said:

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Right now I'm considering the following:

• Orc Destroyer : Because using two handed weapons is awesome, but I'm a little worried that all their skills are to be used at less than 30% HP. It is also less PvE focused than the Warlord from what I've read.
  • Orc Warcryer: They look pretty badass and I've read online that hey are nice hybrids. Leveling is a pain, apparently.
  • Human Hawkeye: My first character long ago was an elven archer and I really like the way it looks with the white and orange armor set.
  • Human Dark Avenger: They seem to be pretty good at meele and they also get a badass pet.
  • Human Warlord: Easy to level killing many green mobs, but they seem to be very focused in PvE.

I forgot to mention that while I enjoy PvE mostly, I want to be able to PvP somewhat efficiently while leveling. By solo I don't mean avoiding parties, but rather not devoting serious play time to a guild/organized group.

Thanks again.

-orc destroyer actives frenzy or guts on 60% hp or less in classic, not 30%. and effects stay even if you are fully healed / use battle roar. it is a farming machine that combines both aoe and single mob killing. thks to zealot every 5 min its very efficient with mp and can handle mobs hits when combined with guts (5 min reuse time too) very easily. Frenzy is weaker than in older chronicles, but still adds good dps

-there are some nice wc pvp videos in this server , check media in forum. i think orcs wc and ol are meant to be played as main characters cause of many debuffs. lvling one can be hard cause many partys already have buffer, but from time to time there is some random party looking for buff, specially in big partys for aoe is better than pp

-i think you mean silver ranger (light elf), from what i have seen is a stun machine, and for lvling it has the best "auto-attack" dps of archers due to rapid fire (without considering dark elf hex on pr)) at the cost of range, and have more self-buffs. good soloer. hawkeye is the most balanced of the three, decent at everything, not the best at anything either

-yep, and da has fear skill also, very strong in this chronicle, low reuse time, together with mele stun and hamstring, they are very good cc

-wl can kill white mobs too, with ~90% aoe stun land rate they can handle many mobs, in some places replacing the tank, its focused in mass pvp, has a range stun aoe of 900 range so they are boosted in classic, very fun class in my opinion

Edited by Cyane
  • Like 2