Sign in to follow this  
Prometia

Beta 2.0 after 24 hours

Hi fellow gamers

It has been over 24 hours now and I must say I have some doubts. I see very little people playing and almost everyone is struggling because the massive amount of problems they encounter. I do not question the work the admins are doing, but my faith in the L2 Classic story is almost gone. The report section is worse then before and it's hard to fix them all.

Is this a dead end or is there light at the end of this dark tunnel?

Regards
~Prom

Maybe its a payback for a lot of silence between betas. I really dont trust Admin, and wont play Beta no more. Also, why doing a 1.0 if changes made there couldnt be applied in 2.0?
Personally i got a lot of doubt aboout all this.

Best wishes!

• Like 2

They fixed dagger blow sound on landing and macros :D Plus they added mail system.

Micro lags seem to be an issue for some ppll, but not for me. Lucky me :P 

@Prometia dont loose hope, quests can be fixed fast as we have seen in beta 1.0 and i beleive teleports to wrong area also. I think there is end to this tunnel, but its still at least a month away :)

• Like 1

In september it will be classix 2.0 official files available so as I have been told... Are u gonna update to 2.0 ?

When the files appear I am sure other servers will try a classic 2.0... 

• Like 1

We will work as fast we can to resolve the easy issues. We understand that it is frustrating to try, but it it's needed, we appreciate all the testing we can get. After the beta 2.0 that we plan to run for a week, after that, the goal is live. The problems found in 2.0 will be solved quickly when we are a full team again after all the vacation time.

• Like 3

It is a disaster. OB 2.0 seems even more buggy and disastrous than the previous one. It just looks like all people playing OB 1.0 were wasting their time. 

• Like 1

As i said in some other topics ...this is over and l2classic is not able to recover from all this. There was enough time to get things done but the staff did some huge mistakes with the organisation. We have at the moment 245 guests and 50 members at the forum online. This is a horrible low number. At the server start we had about 1000 forum people, daily! now not even 1/3.

I didnt want to creat a new topic to complain about the new 2.0 beta but hell...you cant give us the server even more bugged than before! I guess all of you guys know already whats going here.

Even if you boys are hardcore fans of l2classic or want to protect the staff you have to admit that they did some serious throw with their server.

Lets just put all facts together:

Big Hyped server with huge promises that everything is translated and original l2classic files.

First OBT: Canceled due to some strange serious suddenly problems...

Final OBT start: Horrible bugged and the beta was for months and still had tons of bugs after many major fixes, not to mentation the geo data.

OBT 2.0: Seems to be even worse than before. wrong Skills, quests areas etc not working.

I can understand that the staff is working on it. GM´s, Dev,s etc but stop telling lies to your peeps. Tell the truth or let it be. And now after all i believe everyone knows the truth. The server is broken the work is too much for you guys and you lost about 80% of your community with in 2 months. Next time its better to say the server will open on decemeber instead of telling "everythings fine".

• Like 1

Well said. You are bringing some logic and constructive criticism which I like and I said it myself before. 80% people already gave up but some delusional people can't accept this fact. Last time I brought it up they showed me some laughable numbers that really proved my point. I wish this server well but it is so buggy and disfunctional that it is impossible to play, so no wonder everybody is abandoning this ship. I just can't imagine Live server in the next few months and I can't imagine many people playing here. 

• Like 1

What´s wrong with the geodata from 2.0? Looks very solid. Drop/Spoil from mobs are matching russians database as far as I tested. Quests and GK are very easy to fix.

• Like 1

Well... Looks like the bugs are been fixed...

There is Hope still...

Guess its just a matter of team members that have some specific knowledge for each aspect of the game... Thx for making that clear Manton.... Sorry for doubting about your work... 

Many people are following the Beta progress, but doesn't feel for being a Beta tester themselves. Therefore it might look more empty at the moment. When everything is fixed and working smoothly, things are going change.

Remember guys, you are playing Beta to check for bugs, not playing it like its final.

Instead of the animation and other minor buggs, fix the damn quests already!! there is almost no one in the server, looks like everybody abandoned...

Hello Beta-testers

The BETA 2.0 server has passed a full week and the amount of work that has been done is tremendous. (My negative attitude was misplaced...) Therefor I would like to congratulate the team so they can continue their work in making this server work. I see the community is less pessimistic (like me :p) so that’s a good sign. A renewed advertising campaign would also be a good thing once the LIVE version is at hand. Once the date is set, I hope people will try to advertise the website again like before.

Regards
~Prom 

the problem of advertising is that you should do it when everything is actually working, not when everything isn't.

we already have 60k views in the announcement section, advertising the server is our last issue at the moment.

there's still much left to do before Live phase, and once they're done fixing the game, it will be the turn of forum management.

server is not dead, just other servers have opened and people are playing that. the truth is: classic 1.0 beta happened, people don't want to waste their time with 2.0, and are playing other servers. i am sure when an official date for live is announced a lot people will(may) join.

also for beta 2.0, i am not sure if things have changed... but there needs to be some kind of npc shop, INCREASED adena rate so we can buy things, and maybe even some kind of npc buffer. this will expedite things, especially at the higher lvls. and do not think i am saying this is for 3x when it is live. this just makes it easier for testers so we can get this project moving

Box is not limited in beta, you can box a buffer easy. Adena rate is enough, you can buy items in shop/luxury. Only thing that would make things go faster would be higher rates overall or lvl boost. I'm not convinced it is neccessary.