IHateStuff

New to classic

Having trouble with the search feature in this forum, not to mention I'm used to the current official server for this game, so I'm used to having a main quest to follow when starting out.

I think I can level fine just using the Hunting Zone feature ingame, but what should I do about money or gear?
Or should I not worry about gear until endgame?

I notice monsters drop many more items than they do in the official server...are these for crafting and quests?

And finally, I heard most quests aren't useful at all besides the class transfer ones.
What kind of quests SHOULD I do then as a beginner?

Thanks!

the questions were already answered many many times.

Quests - 25lvl moon knight for free d armor, loa enchants quest part 1 and 2, baium quest.

If you are familiar with classic offi - i dunno why any questions here. Go aoe farm>> many adena for equip, use event (1b1 now) to make some additional income. 

About the gear the question is not clear as well - depends on which class do u play and what is GEAR for you. For example if we speak about mage 52-78 - it could be soes (30kk) or demon+12 (300kk) or demon+16 (~3.5-4kkk). Different prices , different ways to get it - farm adena\spoil\rmt(ban-able)

Edited by kktnxbye

6 hours ago, IHateStuff said:

Having trouble with the search feature in this forum, not to mention I'm used to the current official server for this game, so I'm used to having a main quest to follow when starting out.

I think I can level fine just using the Hunting Zone feature ingame, but what should I do about money or gear?
Or should I not worry about gear until endgame?

I notice monsters drop many more items than they do in the official server...are these for crafting and quests?

And finally, I heard most quests aren't useful at all besides the class transfer ones.
What kind of quests SHOULD I do then as a beginner?

Thanks!

Quests suck , they are very little quests worth doing , you should do one that gives you free d grade armor at 24 or 25 (moon armor quest from gludin) and after that near 55 lvl there is quest for lair of antharas which gives very good drops.

Easiest way to level up is from RBs but you will have trouble getting adena. I always say to newcomers , there are spots where you farm good xp but low adena and spots where you farm good adena but low xp. You almost never have both in 1 spot. Check hunting places and you will understand ;)

7 hours ago, IHateStuff said:

Having trouble with the search feature in this forum

1 hour ago, kktnxbye said:

That's not his mistake because THE F***ING SEARCH ENGINE ON THIS FORUM IS AN UTTER GARBAGE

@IHateStuff - you mention many "other items" which "don't drop on official server" - do you mean the scrolls with the name along the lines "Gloomy Baby White Tiger Captain" etc.? Because these you can sell for 140k / 710k to traders in Giran Harbor (on every teleport there's an option to TP to Giran Harbor - it's a trading zone). This pretty much answers your question - farm as many scrolls as possible while the event is on, and you'll be able to buy pretty much everything that you need. As for the quests - yeah the Moon Knight is fine, otherwise nothing really stands out - there're few later on, like A Game of Cards or Whisper of Dreams, but pre-40 I wouldn't really bother.

11 hours ago, kktnxbye said:

Quests - 25lvl moon knight for free d armor, loa enchants quest part 1 and 2, baium quest.

If you are familiar with classic offi - i dunno why any questions here. Go aoe farm>> many adena for equip, use event (1b1 now) to make some additional income. 

About the gear the question is not clear as well - depends on which class do u play and what is GEAR for you. For example if we speak about mage 52-78 - it could be soes (30kk) or demon+12 (300kk) or demon+16 (~3.5-4kkk). Different prices , different ways to get it - farm adena\spoil\rmt(ban-able)

I tried searching for the same questions, but yeah, the search engine was giving me trouble at the time.
Maybe I wasn't using decent search terms?  (When it wasn't letting me go to certain pages without resetting I mean...>.> )
"leveling guide" "newbie guide" that's what I was looking for.

And I meant the official server which isn't classic, though I forget which patch changed it to be so different..I think Goddess of Destruction maybe?
I played the North American server which didn't have a classic option.

And my class is Elven Wizard at this time, going summoner route eventually but not leveling with summons since they have that long recast cooldown for now.

Also, thanks for the replies so far!

Edited by IHateStuff
added search engine comment

1 hour ago, IHateStuff said:

I tried searching for the same questions, but yeah, the search engine was giving me trouble at the time.
Maybe I wasn't using decent search terms?  (When it wasn't letting me go to certain pages without resetting I mean...>.> )
"leveling guide" "newbie guide" that's what I was looking for.

And I meant the official server which isn't classic, though I forget which patch changed it to be so different..I think Goddess of Destruction maybe?
I played the North American server which didn't have a classic option.

And my class is Elven Wizard at this time, going summoner route eventually but not leveling with summons since they have that long recast cooldown for now.

Also, thanks for the replies so far!

I meant just looking for the recent threads, anyway - es is a good choice. i suggest to play as a mage with 2handed staff and regen mana from pony,aoe pts still are better > use party matching button. Classic is for aoe, for cp system, es is pretty independent and strong tho. equip is pretty cheap for es i think cause all job can be done by ponies. farm event for C and b grade, then aoe when event is over (ac>partisan>ai>ev>abg  20>75)

Alright, so being an elven wizard at the moment would I type in 'EW DD' or something like that in the party matching title space?
I don't think I'm very useful to parties at this time, however...I keep having to stop and sit down to regen my mp.  X_x

2 hours ago, IHateStuff said:

Alright, so being an elven wizard at the moment would I type in 'EW DD' or something like that in the party matching title space?
I don't think I'm very useful to parties at this time, however...I keep having to stop and sit down to regen my mp.  X_x

Well that's what your summon is good for - you use it to recharge you. Especially if you're RB party, that should be your main job :) 

10 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

Well that's what your summon is good for - you use it to recharge you. Especially if you're RB party, that should be your main job :) 

Right right, started using Boxer for this.
However, I'm not 25 yet so when he runs out of mana I can't servitor recharge him back, so I'm still having a lot of time where I'm just resting and waiting for mana.

But wait, you're saying Boxer can recharge other players?
Awesome! 
So in an RB party, which I need to look up now, my role is mana recharger?
Any other roles I'd need to take on?

Edit:  Looked up RB...so a Raid Boss party?
How soon can you raid in this game? ?

Edited by IHateStuff

I used poor wording there, sorry. I mean your main job in RB party is healing, because if you're using simple heal, you don't run out of mana during the raid due to your summon recharging you.

As for the parties - you can start raiding from level 20, it's all about checking the /partymatching all the time... The RB parties pop up from time to time, but they're usually filled within several minutes so it's important to be aware of it.

1 hour ago, FryderykChopin said:

I used poor wording there, sorry. I mean your main job in RB party is healing, because if you're using simple heal, you don't run out of mana during the raid due to your summon recharging you.

As for the parties - you can start raiding from level 20, it's all about checking the /partymatching all the time... The RB parties pop up from time to time, but they're usually filled within several minutes so it's important to be aware of it.

Simple heal?
You mean the heal I got as an elven mystic?
I just gotta use that and recharge mana with Boxer?
Huh....I didn't expect that kind of role, but okay.
Will the Moon Knight armor work well enough to get this started?

3 hours ago, IHateStuff said:

Simple heal?
You mean the heal I got as an elven mystic?
I just gotta use that and recharge mana with Boxer?
Huh....I didn't expect that kind of role, but okay.
Will the Moon Knight armor work well enough to get this started?

Well the raid parties here are pretty straight forward, usually there's one tank who runs around in circles, you as a healer which from time to time drops a heal and rest of folks are taking the RB down with a bow. Sometimes there're melee parties where obviously you heal much more. Oh and you send your recharge pony to hit the RB as well, as far as I know they have same mp regene whether they're idle or fighting.

The Moon Knight armor is definitely perfectly ok for your level. Make sure to pick the robe set as it has some +% magic regen :) Also are you selling the Gloomy Captain scrolls that you drop? If you think about playing here for a longterm, I'd definitely recommend to try to farm as much as possible until 6.7. (when the event items stop dropping) and get as many as of those scrolls as possible. I'm not sure how many scrolls drop on your level, but I often get 5kk worth of scrolls per hour on my level, which especially for newbies is completely insane adena :) 

23 hours ago, IHateStuff said:

there is popular aoe spot in partisan (and in ai,ev later) - u can check there (between 2 hills) and  "aoe party" of your lvl in party matching OR you can find 1 tank(knight) and make duo trains.

12 hours ago, kktnxbye said:

there is popular aoe spot in partisan (and in ai,ev later) - u can check there (between 2 hills) and  "aoe party" of your lvl in party matching OR you can find 1 tank(knight) and make duo trains.

So in an AoE party I just wait for the tank to round up monsters and then spam Flame Strike?

30 minutes ago, IHateStuff said:

So in an AoE party I just wait for the tank to round up monsters and then spam Flame Strike?

u also hydra screw with merrow + do clarity+wm if no ee in pt + u heal tank

So I got to try out a RB party just now!
They already had a healer so I just dealt damage.
I tried to do damage with Boxer but it looked like he was spending mana to just attack, so I had to just have him stand next to me so he could recharge.
I HOPE I did okay...>.>

19 hours ago, IHateStuff said:

So I got to try out a RB party just now!
They already had a healer so I just dealt damage.
I tried to do damage with Boxer but it looked like he was spending mana to just attack, so I had to just have him stand next to me so he could recharge.
I HOPE I did okay...>.>

That certainly shouldn't happen haha :D Are you sure you used normal attack, not skills? Because you should just send him to do basic attacks, and keep his mana to recharge you :) 

Also an important note - when you pick the XP scroll from the achievement table, make sure to save these scrolls exactly to the raids - wait until the raid is at 5% HP and pop the scroll. It's the most effective usage of it :) 

7 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

That certainly shouldn't happen haha :D Are you sure you used normal attack, not skills? Because you should just send him to do basic attacks, and keep his mana to recharge you :) 

Also an important note - when you pick the XP scroll from the achievement table, make sure to save these scrolls exactly to the raids - wait until the raid is at 5% HP and pop the scroll. It's the most effective usage of it :) 

I figured it out I think.
I used the mana recharge but there was a visual delay in Boxer's mana bar shortening, so I saw it decrease while he was fighting.

Also, big thanks to the people of this group if they happen to be reading this, cuz I d/ced at one point and they let me back into the group when I was able to return before the boss died.

• Like 1

The moon set is ok for a class that has to tank damage because it just offers flat P.Def other than that is not that useful, and since you shouldn't be tanking I'd recommend you go for Devotion set (no grade) that will give you much needed casting spd.

I'm an ES too lvl 53 and lvled very fast earlier on making trains solo at ant's nest.

Ofc I did a bunch of RBs as bow and aoe parties.

Until you hit 40 and have boxer's CD removed you won't have infinite mana, you'll play much like a nuker pre-40 that runs out of mana -albeit slower- like anyone else.

• Like 1

I hate to say this after all this advice given, but I really don't think I want to be a healer at all at this time, so I might have to switch to a different class than summoner.

I have a dark elf assassin going as a bow user, but unsure if I want to stick with them either...

i'm kinda back at square one, but with a bit more money than expected as a beginner since that event happened (sold the gloomy tiger thingy to other players)

13 hours ago, Nico said:

The moon set is ok for a class that has to tank damage because it just offers flat P.Def other than that is not that useful, and since you shouldn't be tanking I'd recommend you go for Devotion set (no grade) that will give you much needed casting spd.

I'm an ES too lvl 53 and lvled very fast earlier on making trains solo at ant's nest.

Ofc I did a bunch of RBs as bow and aoe parties.

Until you hit 40 and have boxer's CD removed you won't have infinite mana, you'll play much like a nuker pre-40 that runs out of mana -albeit slower- like anyone else.

How do you make trains solo as a caster or any class that isn't a tank?

3 hours ago, IHateStuff said:

How do you make trains solo as a caster or any class that isn't a tank?

There're Major Healing Potions in Giran and Aden grocery; they're pricey but they're worth every penny for stuff like this :) 

I'm leveling very slowly because I login very rarely you may have noticed.  >.>
So I know how to level a caster now, RB and AoE Parties, or make trains and AoE them solo with major healing potions....

But what about my archer?
I know I can join RB parties with them, but what about solo?
I THINK I just gotta shoot each monster at a time, maybe run and shoot if I aggro more than one monster?