Sephix

Item drops on PVE deaths

Item drops on PVE deaths  

345 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to keep the chance to drop items while being killed by a monster?

• Yes, I'd like this core content to stay.
    • No, I'd like to see this core content removed

Yea, while we are at it, lets get rid of xp loss...and pk'ing...and lvling and anything that presents a challenge. I vote that we just have an npc give out free gear and xp in every town.

Why is this even up here? It's obvious it should stay... What is the point of this game if there is no risk?..

If you want to have no risk go play a care-bear game.

• Like 1

What some of you guys are saying makes no sense, I never talked about the - exp loss, or any other contents lineage 2 classic offers.

I had the biggest interlude server back in 2008/2009, so I have some knowledge about what people want. It's obvious lineage 2 classic, is a 

way different then interlude, but again and again, people working hard for their stuff, and while being killed by a monster and someone else

picking that up makes no sense. I'm just talking about equipment you are wearing. I can live with the fact things can be dropped out of your inventory, but just not

the equipment you are wearing. That is my opinion, and stop talking about things like ''Don't play classic then''. 

Everyone is free to suggest things!

Let it be clear that everyone has his opinion, so respect each others opinion, and don't stamp the people who thinks different about this little content deep into the ground!

I like the other contents classic offers, but this content is concerning me. 

Risk or no risk, it's not that lineage 2, just changed that without a reason, This should be changed near my opinion.

Leave the rest as it is, because classic is meant to be hardcore.

• Like 2

You're 100% right Sephix, I respect your opinion and other opinions, 

I also think this is a concern, and should be handled with care, I don't think

the casual gamers for example, will stay on this server when they drop their 

equipment while pve'íng.

It's because he want dual box and and don't be disturbed by other player, but Lineage 2 Classic is not a solo game, so deal with it.

​Then let's change our rates to x1.

Oh and also an in-game store with XP runes and buffs like the official servers.

You want a true classic server? Then go to these servers.

What some of you guys are saying makes no sense, I never talked about the - exp loss, or any other contents lineage 2 classic offers.

I had the biggest interlude server back in 2008/2009, so I have some knowledge about what people want. It's obvious lineage 2 classic, is a 

way different then interlude, but again and again, people working hard for their stuff, and while being killed by a monster and someone else

picking that up makes no sense. I'm just talking about equipment you are wearing. I can live with the fact things can be dropped out of your inventory, but just not

the equipment you are wearing. That is my opinion, and stop talking about things like ''Don't play classic then''. 

Everyone is free to suggest things!

Let it be clear that everyone has his opinion, so respect each others opinion, and don't stamp the people who thinks different about this little content deep into the ground!

I like the other contents classic offers, but this content is concerning me. 

Risk or no risk, it's not that lineage 2, just changed that without a reason, This should be changed near my opinion.

Leave the rest as it is, because classic is meant to be hardcore.

​Every opinion is valid imo.

The game doesn't have to be frustrating to be hardcore in any way.

+1 to remove this mechanic but I dont think GMs will change this feature...

I somewhat agree with this. I understand both sides since some people now talk alot about keeping this feature but when time comes and they actually drop something, I am sure they will either rage quit or complain alot. 10 years ago this might not have been a problem when all of us had plenty of time to play and even if we lost it we could get another one. Now people play casually and whether you are going to say this game is for casual players or not you will be disappointed when you will have 50 hardcore players left on server & 850 casual players that will leave.

So I dont mind this feature being removed not only because I dont like it but because it will keep server more populated in the long run. I dont want to invest my time into this and then within few months 80% population disappears and server eventually dies. You want to call those players noobs? They dont know what classic is? They should not play this game? Well guess what? About 80% of the population will be exactly that so think twice. If these people leave the game you will have low populated server and server will die.

On a side note, dont forget that you can still drop items from your inventory, since its classic people wont be able to use warehouse that much since it can become expensive, therefore there are many valuable items that will be in inventories like mats or other weapon/armor parts that could drop.

I think you should ONLY drop your equipped armor or weapon if you have karma (PK) which makes sense and should not be removed, those who kill players should be punished and should have some type of risk.

TLDR;

I agree to remove this feature for 2 reasons. One is that I simply dont like it (my opinion) and second it will keep server more populated in the long run.

• Like 1

I must say the people that want to remove this concept of the game are the same butt tards that destroyed retail.  If you play the game smart you won't die to a mob during solo... Classic is classic because of mechanics of the game like this. This game is not meant to be easy... If keeping this concept in game drives away the emo players then I say goodbye to those people.... It's part of the game and if you don't like it leave it?

• Like 2

I must say the people that want to remove this concept of the game are the same butt tards that destroyed retail.  If you play the game smart you won't die to a mob during solo... Classic is classic because of mechanics of the game like this. This game is not meant to be easy... If keeping this concept in game drives away the emo players then I say goodbye to those people.... It's part of the game and if you don't like it leave it?

​ok tell me your nick in game and I'll feed on your tears when I keep you stunned forever and grab your no grade equipment(s).

Based on the votes so far that's 54% that will leave this game first time they loose some item. I am not saying that I will leave nor I am saying that I want to change anything in game, I am just saying that I'd rather play in populated server & have this feature removed than keep the feature & play with less than half the population. Note that people will leave this game within few weeks regardless of this feature being removed or not, just because they dont know how hardcore classic can get, so whoever remains take 54% out of that and you are left with low populated server.

​agree with you^_^

Think about the bigger picture, you also want casual gamers to be part of lineage 2 Classic or not?

I can ensure you, people will Rage Quit,  To keep an healthy enironment, population, this Content should be removed,

No wearing equipment drops.

This will not make Lineage 2 Classic no Classic. It just keeps the players playing.

As stated in one of the previous comments, Like if you're mechanics are well you will never die against mobs,

this is not truth even when you got the great mechanics, there is always a way you could die, by a critical, lagspike, or due a mental state, or while being stucked.

All we want is to get a truly high population, and no future leavers due the cause of this content.

There might also come newer players who don't have that big knowledge like all the oldschool players have.

This server should be for every kind of player.

Like I  said before, this is a concern, and it shouldn't be throwed away in a corner, atleast overthink this feature.

This feature push people to be carefull, play wisely, and make a group.

It mean dungeon are more a threat and party have to stand together.

If you play with people this will never happen, you think too much like a solo player who didn't want lose his stuff.

Only people who play alone or dual box gonna leave and it's not this who gonna make people leaving anyway, i think more about how xp curve.

• Like 1

This feature push people to be carefull, play wisely, and make a group.

It mean dungeon are more a threat and party have to stand together.

If you play with people this will never happen, you think too much like a solo player who didn't want lose his stuff.

Only people who play alone or dual box gonna leave and it's not this who gonna make people leaving anyway, i think more about how xp curve.

You cant always be in a group. What if you log in and your clan members/group members are not online. You are forced to solo for some time unless you want to group up with a stranger in which case you kind of have 50/50 chance of that person being a d**k and stunning you while in party or being nice and actually go with you. I guess this part is kind of exciting because there is a risk and like you said people will leave for XP/other reasons within first few weeks and then people will leave due to this feature if they lose an item that it took them a week to get.

​Yo ma nigga get this feature get out of this game or go play tibia, I don't want to waste more of my time where I should be on the mine digging for some copper so get this shit out yo listen or you may be in serious problem

• Like 2

Yea, while we are at it, lets get rid of xp loss...and pk'ing...and lvling and anything that presents a challenge. I vote that we just have an npc give out free gear and xp in every town.

​-1 to you

+1 to the poll

well, they did change it previously on offi in c5 for a reason( dropping NG/D grade isn't a big deal, dropping B/A/S grade can be very painful ), so maybe they'll change it on L2C offi as well with future patches when new gear will be available.

they already introduced D grade gear from the mentor system in KR, so i suppose they're going to follow the same path until the Kamaels are implemented.

as for the topic itself, i honestly don't know. both ways have their pro and cons.

locking the items on character while keeping the drop from inventory would probably lower the number of retards trying to train mobs on people or stun them when under attack, wich is a win-win situation.

on the other side, it would also lower the level of awareness in PvE, while encouraging botters to keep farming whole areas without any risk involved.

its extremely rare to happen unless your are red and everyone dealt with it just fine the first time around. you drop shit and your friends help you get new stuff. so either make good friends or play very carefully

• Like 2

I think in my opinion that the most serious remove the drop coerente When reconfiguring or kills a monster or stun you and wait for the mob you kill people consegiir that cost him much to come one ye kill and take it back. people think that if it happens will leave the server to be both farm if when you have a 1 after two months they will vitiate you remove killingyou using a mob. I repeat that it is in my opinion

Remember the augumentation and PVP modification that should come with later updates like olympiad. This will prevent you from dropping main armor and weapon.

• Like 2

If someone happens to get their hands on my stuff...

I don't know who they are. I don't know what they want. If they are looking for ransom, I can tell them I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long grind. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like them. If they let my stuff go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and I will kill them.

And again. And again.And again. Pointing your righteous fury in the direction of a moron is what makes this game fun.

I will also have 50% of it's value (p.atk, p.def., or whatever) back in about 30 seconds.

Let me ask a question here: How is this any different than failing overenchant (besides a bunch of crystals)? And please, don't tell you don't OE..