Sephix

Item drops on PVE deaths

Item drops on PVE deaths  

345 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to keep the chance to drop items while being killed by a monster?

• Yes, I'd like this core content to stay.
    • No, I'd like to see this core content removed

I just created 40 accounts to vote yes couse this is a main core feature noobs

See u in live training mobs and killing shops in giran ;)

​I'm pretty sure someone is doing that for both. I watched this page for about an hour last night and I watched the "no" vote jump up by about 50 lol. I was ticking up in increments of 5 to 10 each time i refreshed.

I am pretty sure the admins know that this is going on because they can see the IPs.

Besides, votes don't matter. They are not going to change this fundamental part of the "Classic" server because a few people crying about it.

You're 100% right Sephix, I respect your opinion and other opinions, 

I also think this is a concern, and should be handled with care, I don't think

the casual gamers for example, will stay on this server when they drop their 

equipment while pve'íng.

​Classic is not for casuals, if they would remove this, a lot of people would quit, because we want to play classic, not some shitty easy x20 h5 server.

God i hate people who join a server and then try to change everything because its too hard for them.. This is a CLASSIC server, CLASSIC = drop items when you die on mobs, so if you cant handle it WHY did you even come here!??!?!

i repeat... CLASSIC IS NOT FOR CASUAL NOOBS.

​Preach it! I was on retail from beta-C4. When the original dev team left ncsoft, the game began to change for the worse and cater to the carebear crowd.

We are starting to see a shift in the industry away from the carebear games that so many casuals enjoy. Games like the upcoming "Camelot Unchained" and the ever classic, "EvE Online"(a hardcore pvp game that has refused to change to cater to the carebear community and had continued to thrive and grow in subscriptions)  to name a few; offer a hard core style with definitive loss and severe consequence for each action the player takes. 

I find it refreshing that the gaming industry is seeing a need for hardcore games with severe consequences for the actions that the gamer takes and a definitive cause and effect style of game play that forces the player to think through their actions and not mindlessly breeze through the game. Classic L2 offered this style of game play but it was unfortunately lost over time through poor choices by NCSoft and their dev team. Thankfully, we have servers like this one that wish to bring back the "hardcore" style that so many of the old school gamers long for. If people don't like hardcore Lineage then they should just play a good low-rate interlude server.

So true, iI've always loved that side of L2, that's why i'm really into classic, because classic is where the challenge is at. i've always played diablo 2 and diablo 3 on HC mode, because i don't see the point in playing a game the easy way, it's just no fun at all. Knowing you could lose something you've worked hard for with just 1 death is what makes the game exciting and worth playing. That feeling you get when you're low hp, that's what games are for, not some stupid easy mode 24/7 grind with no challenges, no penalties, no consequences.

I have faith the admins won't listen to the morons coming to a classic server forum asking to change one of the biggest core mechanic of classic servers..

That's like joining a x25 H5 server and asking the GM's to change it to interlude patch..  If you want interlude, join an interlude server, if u want h5, join h5, if u want classic, join classic. but don't join 1 and ask for something else. There are 1247523745237234 private servers out there, if you can't handle this one go find another that's easy enough for you xD

Thanks god you're here Gelthias, reading this thread i was starting to believe this server was going to be filled with only a bunch of scared carebears. Good to see there are some people who knows what classic is.

Finally done with your inaproppiate language? 
Opinions are opinions, and don't act like a little child, and call players morrons or such,
cause you're disliking their suggestions/opinions.

This was just concerning me, because I would like to have a heavy populated server, without future Rage Quiters.
But i'm done with this Poll, getting tired of people flaming to another, just because they're disliking their suggestions/opinions.

​Done crying when im not even talking to you? getting tired of noobs like you who want everything easy. Just go play some x1000000000 rates private server, classic clearly isnt for you.

​I dont think you can kill shops in giran in classic.

​Yeah same, pretty sure that's going to be impossible, it only happened for a little time on retail but it was patched pretty fast, doubt they would make the same mistake on classic haha xD

​I'm pretty sure someone is doing that for both. I watched this page for about an hour last night and I watched the "no" vote jump up by about 50 lol. I was ticking up in increments of 5 to 10 each time i refreshed.

I am pretty sure the admins know that this is going on because they can see the IPs.

Besides, votes don't matter. They are not going to change this fundamental part of the "Classic" server because a few people crying about it.

​Wellp, that was also me

Keep insulting each other couse you are getting massively trolled 

Troll Army wins

​Wellp, that was also me

Keep insulting each other couse you are getting massively trolled 

Troll Army wins

​Cant be, i heard polls on internet are always legit! xD 

Imho this whole discussion is senseless.

1. Only very few casual will ever reach the first class change and (almost) none of them will ever reach the second class change. Those who do are hardcore players with limited time.

2. I played L2 since Beta and never lost a weapon. The chance to lose a weapon if you have no PvP counts is VERY VERY low.  It gets much higher if you have 10+ PvP counts, but that is your own  fault then and you deserve it (because in this constellation you will have most likely killed lots of Lowbies).

2. I played L2 since Beta and never lost a weapon. The chance to lose a weapon if you have no PvP counts is VERY VERY low.  It gets much higher if you have 10+ PvP counts, but that is your own  fault then and you deserve it (because in this constellation you will have most likely killed lots of Lowbies).

​Afaik PvP count doesnt increase your chnce to drop items from mobs lollllll

Playing since beta uh? =)))

It does....from +10  o or +5 on i am not quite sure about that any more. Just because you dont know it doesnt mean it wasnt there btw.

​you mean Karma (PK count) not pvp right? In that case during clan wars your PVP count goes up and people with 500+ pvp would have close to 100% of losing weapon? That makes no sense. Maybe PK count the higher PK count the higher chance of you dropping something.

It does....from +10  o or +5 on i am not quite sure about that any more. Just because you dont know it doesnt mean it wasnt there btw.

​ahahah playing since beta.

From prelude beta to GoD right?

=))) and PvPs increases your drop rate right?

Imho this whole discussion is senseless.

1. Only very few casual will ever reach the first class change and (almost) none of them will ever reach the second class change. Those who do are hardcore players with limited time.

​I hope you are just joking around.

​Lol, someone has a lot of time on their hands.

And btw. you will see it yourself. If you are chaotic and have a high PK count you will drop items like a christmas tree its needles

​Yea, welcome to lineage 2. Everybody knows that.

There are only a average of 50 member online and we have 218 vote, you kidding me?

Meh, so many new account in last 24 hours, don't be ridiculous and just closed this thread.

​5+ PK points :P pvp/pk dont increase your chance to drop items when you die on mobs. only with karma with 5+ pk. People said youre wrong because you said pvp points xD 

Back in the day it was 10. You could PK 10 times and not drop items. 

Everyone did the sin eater quest to reduce your PK count so you could kill people at raid bosses who dropped clan wars. 

None of this had any effect on if you die to a mob. 1 Pk or 1000 doesn't change the drop rate from dying to a mob unless they added a completely new system in classic. 

Back in the day it was 10. You could PK 10 times and not drop items. 

Everyone did the sin eater quest to reduce your PK count so you could kill people at raid bosses who dropped clan wars. 

None of this had any effect on if you die to a mob. 1 Pk or 1000 doesn't change the drop rate from dying to a mob unless they added a completely new system in classic. 

​not sure how many pk points it is in classic, there is also no sin eater quest atm.

It's 5 Pk in classic and there are PK scrolls to purchase rather than sin eater quest.

​PK scrolls are for lvl 61-75 tho. atleast from what i saw in CH.

​You can purchase PK scroll Nograde/D/C/B at Black Judge (old Sin Eater quest) near Hardin's Private Academy.

​You can purchase PK scroll Nograde/D/C/B at Black Judge (old Sin Eater quest) near Hardin's Private Academy.

​Oh kk xD

I agree with the pool that's a good thing to know peoples opinion. But classic it is called classic not by being interlude or high five one. Xp loss , equipment , risky gameplay that's what classic l2 is.