Sephix

Item drops on PVE deaths

Item drops on PVE deaths  

345 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to keep the chance to drop items while being killed by a monster?

• Yes, I'd like this core content to stay.
    • No, I'd like to see this core content removed

Classic is about having a community, a group of people working together. The PVE loot is made to force people to play safe. If you don't, then please don't start complaining. 

If you're smart enough you'll have a lot of trash in your inventory. This won't prevent a big loot,  but at least it will highly reduce the risk. And honneslty when you'll mostly have D and C grade that's not really hard to make, except maybe the weapon.

But then again if you're not playing in a clan, with a good community which support each others, you're obviously doing it wrong. 

But I can totally understand 60% are afraid to use social skills on MMORPG nowadays ... 

• Like 1

I must say the people that want to remove this concept of the game are the same butt tards that destroyed retail.  If you play the game smart you won't die to a mob during solo... Classic is classic because of mechanics of the game like this. This game is not meant to be easy... If keeping this concept in game drives away the emo players then I say goodbye to those people.... It's part of the game and if you don't like it leave it?

​ok tell me your nick in game and I'll feed on your tears when I keep you stunned forever and grab your no grade equipment(s).

Based on the votes so far that's 54% that will leave this game first time they loose some item. I am not saying that I will leave nor I am saying that I want to change anything in game, I am just saying that I'd rather play in populated server & have this feature removed than keep the feature & play with less than half the population. Note that people will leave this game within few weeks regardless of this feature being removed or not, just because they dont know how hardcore classic can get, so whoever remains take 54% out of that and you are left with low populated server.

Masson / Pimp / MrsJuly

bring it... It's all part of the game...? your butt hurt and it didn't even go live yet.

I must say the people that want to remove this concept of the game are the same butt tards that destroyed retail.  If you play the game smart you won't die to a mob during solo... Classic is classic because of mechanics of the game like this. This game is not meant to be easy... If keeping this concept in game drives away the emo players then I say goodbye to those people.... It's part of the game and if you don't like it leave it?

​ok tell me your nick in game and I'll feed on your tears when I keep you stunned forever and grab your no grade equipment(s).

Based on the votes so far that's 54% that will leave this game first time they loose some item. I am not saying that I will leave nor I am saying that I want to change anything in game, I am just saying that I'd rather play in populated server & have this feature removed than keep the feature & play with less than half the population. Note that people will leave this game within few weeks regardless of this feature being removed or not, just because they dont know how hardcore classic can get, so whoever remains take 54% out of that and you are left with low populated server.

Masson / Pimp / MrsJuly

bring it... It's all part of the game...? your butt hurt and it didn't even go live yet.

Masson / Pimp / MrsJuly

​I am not butt hurt at all and I am not worried about losing any items since I will be playing with group/clan mates. As I stated now its jumped close to 60% of people who will leave so when you will be left in an empty server then you will realize. I will have fun in either case whether people stay or leave.

As I said before I dont care if this feature gets removed or stays, what I care about is the population of the server.

You're 100% right Sephix, I respect your opinion and other opinions, 

I also think this is a concern, and should be handled with care, I don't think

the casual gamers for example, will stay on this server when they drop their 

equipment while pve'íng.

​Classic is not for casuals, if they would remove this, a lot of people would quit, because we want to play classic, not some shitty easy x20 h5 server.

God i hate people who join a server and then try to change everything because its too hard for them.. This is a CLASSIC server, CLASSIC = drop items when you die on mobs, so if you cant handle it WHY did you even come here!??!?!

i repeat... CLASSIC IS NOT FOR CASUAL NOOBS.

• Like 2

equipment while pve'íng.

​Classic is not for casuals, if they would remove this, a lot of people would quit, because we want to play classic, not some shitty easy x20 h5 server.

God i hate people who join a server and then try to change everything because its too hard for them.. This is a CLASSIC server, CLASSIC = drop items when you die on mobs, so if you cant handle it WHY did you even come here!??!?!

​I agree with you that we should not make any changes to classic since then its not going to be classic but telling 60% of players to leave is not good idea :) dont you want some mass during pvp? I also think that future updates will remove this feature anyways. Seems like they keep adding more & more stuff to "L2 Classic" so I would not be surprised if they fix this as well but only time will tell.

Also removing this feature is not as easy as fixing 1 line of code and would delay going live by at least a week since it would have to be tested etc... I'd rather see server go live SOON!

equipment while pve'íng.

​I agree with you that we should not make any changes to classic since then its not going to be classic but telling 60% of players to leave is not good idea :) dont you want some mass during pvp? I also think that future updates will remove this feature anyways. Seems like they keep adding more & more stuff to "L2 Classic" so I would not be surprised if they fix this as well but only time will tell.

Also removing this feature is not as easy as fixing 1 line of code and would delay going live by at least a week since it would have to be tested etc... I'd rather see server go live SOON!

the poll doesnt mean shit. :P  not everyone will see this poll and come vote, a lot of people only check forum on general discussion or news to see if there is GM post about launch, they dont care about reports or suggestions. if they remove this option, a lot more people will quit, because this is the main challenge of classic, its the REAL l2, not the goddamn casual L2 for noobs. Remove this and what do we have left? lil casual noobs can ks your mobs without any penalty, if you want to punish them you will have to pk them, get red and risk dropping, so you're punishing yourself too. but with this? if some1 is being a little dumbass you can make him die to mobs and they risk dropping items. The people who want this removed are the casuals who likes to be little dicks on forums or in chat but never flags :P *cough* HeartBreakers clan *cough* xD 

• Like 1

equipment while pve'íng.

the poll doesnt mean shit. :P  not everyone will see this poll and come vote, a lot of people only check forum on general discussion or news to see if there is GM post about launch, they dont care about reports or suggestions. if they remove this option, a lot more people will quit, because this is the main challenge of classic, its the REAL l2, not the goddamn casual L2 for noobs. Remove this and what do we have left? lil casual noobs can ks your mobs without any penalty, if you want to punish them you will have to pk them, get red and risk dropping, so you're punishing yourself too. but with this? if some1 is being a little dumbass you can make him die to mobs and they risk dropping items. The people who want this removed are the casuals who likes to be little dicks on forums or in chat but never flags :P *cough* HeartBreakers clan *cough* xD 

​Dude I dont care If It Is going to be removed or not but you are just annoying lol

You dont have to repeat yourself over and over again calling the community noobs.

equipment while pve'íng.

​Dude I dont care If It Is going to be removed or not but you are just annoying lol

You dont have to repeat yourself over and over again calling the community noobs.

​Don't be mad because you're a casual. you can rage quit and go back to your x1000000 rate priv server after you drop your no grade.

Don't worry, idiots always trying to change everything in this game to be easier are annoying too. its cry babies like this who killed this game on retail and made it super easy mode.

PS: My CP can offer you protection for adena if you guys are too scared to leave town xD  

equipment while pve'íng.

​Don't be mad because you're a casual. you can rage quit and go back to your x1000000 rate priv server after you drop your no grade.

Don't worry, idiots always trying to change everything in this game to be easier are annoying too. its cry babies like this who killed this game on retail and made it super easy mode.

PS: My CP can offer you protection for adena if you guys are too scared to leave town xD  

​I'm playing this game since c2 and played over 4 years in retail servers. (mostly Lionna before the merge in old chronicles)

You dont have anything to teach me and you dont have any right to insult me like that for no reason.

Long story short.

You don't ALWAYS drop items when you die to mobs.

If you do, it's usually shitty inventory items, and if you're smart you'll run around with a bunch of random crap in your inventory anyway.

On the rare occasion you do drop equipped items it'll be boots/jewels or something not too hard to replace. In the entire time I played retail from closed beta, I never dropped a single equipped item to mobs (soulshots was probably the most expensive thing I dropped) and we used to have TH's/PW's training all of AL onto us and my party as we were pretty well geared and they couldn't PVP us from the exp spots.

So all in all, the chances of people actually quitting because they drop an item is slim, not enough to warrant a complete removal of a mechanic and one that'll be a bitch to code I imagine.

I think this thread is overrated. We need to discuss more serious matters like WHEN ARE WE GETTING ANNOUNCEMENT? 10 days left till end of August and we at least need few days in advance announcement to plan things. So how about we move our discussion to that?

Well this thread pretty clearly shows who's just an elitist who wants to "pwn noobs" and who's legitimatly concerned with the gaming quality.. I think what either it has to be removed or chance lowered. Without the "casuals" this server will be dead in a month.

Well this thread pretty clearly shows who's just an elitist who wants to "pwn noobs" and who's legitimatly concerned with the gaming quality.. I think what either it has to be removed or chance lowered. Without the "casuals" this server will be dead in a month.

​Honestly all it shows is that people think every time they die to a mob they're going to drop their weapon and full armour set when in reality they'll drop 1 thread and 2 bone arrows.

Hardly cause for concern and I would rather have the admins fix the actual game breaking bugs and not fuck with the currently working as intended mechanics.

equipment while pve'íng.

​I'm playing this game since c2 and played over 4 years in retail servers. (mostly Lionna before the merge in old chronicles)

You dont have anything to teach me and you dont any right to insult me like that for no reason.

​Cool story, i play since beta for over 10 years, mostly on lionna too before franz open and my CP owned the server (EternalRage clan), then vVv clan, BBW and Star clan when BBW broke up because TrueLies was a fucking noob leader.

And i didnt insult you, i said you were a casual if you were scared of this feature. 

I think this thread is overrated. We need to discuss more serious matters like WHEN ARE WE GETTING ANNOUNCEMENT? 10 days left till end of August and we at least need few days in advance announcement to plan things. So how about we move our discussion to that?

​I have lots of experience relating to the ''Wants'' of people, I also have awareness of what the elites wants, but you just don't run a server without casual players. And them i'm not even talking about the subject this poll is going about. I heard so many ground stamping stuff against people, who are thinking different about this subject, no respect for telling someone's opinion. So people show some respect, and don't be a stubborn or bullying person, it's just a discussion where everyone can share his opinion about this subject. And near my opinion it would be fun/good, if the server is filled with a full population, no matter if they are hardcore elites, or casual players.

For now the poll gave us atleast some information about thoughts of people.

But relating to the server, there are indeed some other stuffs going on, on the server that needs to be fixed, so I don't think flaming on this thread is quite helpfull, statement is here, and it's up to the admin to take it into consideration or not.

The admin here have shown they are not idiots, so it will not be removed. :)

Lineage2classic.com, the name says it! :P Now i hope we get an announcement for the live date soooooon

• Like 1

equipment while pve'íng.

​Preach it! I was on retail from beta-C4. When the original dev team left ncsoft, the game began to change for the worse and cater to the carebear crowd.

We are starting to see a shift in the industry away from the carebear games that so many casuals enjoy. Games like the upcoming "Camelot Unchained" and the ever classic, "EvE Online"(a hardcore pvp game that has refused to change to cater to the carebear community and had continued to thrive and grow in subscriptions)  to name a few; offer a hard core style with definitive loss and severe consequence for each action the player takes. 

I find it refreshing that the gaming industry is seeing a need for hardcore games with severe consequences for the actions that the gamer takes and a definitive cause and effect style of game play that forces the player to think through their actions and not mindlessly breeze through the game. Classic L2 offered this style of game play but it was unfortunately lost over time through poor choices by NCSoft and their dev team. Thankfully, we have servers like this one that wish to bring back the "hardcore" style that so many of the old school gamers long for. If people don't like hardcore Lineage then they should just play a good low-rate interlude server.

• Like 2

Вечер добрый всем ппц прочитав эту тему я в шоке , что за нытье когда падает шмот при смерти это часть этих хроник я обеими рука за то что шанс что вещь может упасть это интерес этих хроник!!!

Причем это говорит тот игрок который обычно играет в соло!

• Like 2

equipment while pve'íng.

​Preach it! I was on retail from beta-C4. When the original dev team left ncsoft, the game began to change for the worse and cater to the carebear crowd.

We are starting to see a shift in the industry away from the carebear games that so many casuals enjoy. Games like the upcoming "Camelot Unchained" and the ever classic, "EvE Online"(a hardcore pvp game that has refused to change to cater to the carebear community and had continued to thrive and grow in subscriptions)  to name a few; offer a hard core style with definitive loss and severe consequence for each action the player takes. 

I find it refreshing that the gaming industry is seeing a need for hardcore games with severe consequences for the actions that the gamer takes and a definitive cause and effect style of game play that forces the player to think through their actions and not mindlessly breeze through the game. Classic L2 offered this style of game play but it was unfortunately lost over time through poor choices by NCSoft and their dev team. Thankfully, we have servers like this one that wish to bring back the "hardcore" style that so many of the old school gamers long for. If people don't like hardcore Lineage then they should just play a good low-rate interlude server.

So true, iI've always loved that side of L2, that's why i'm really into classic, because classic is where the challenge is at. i've always played diablo 2 and diablo 3 on HC mode, because i don't see the point in playing a game the easy way, it's just no fun at all. Knowing you could lose something you've worked hard for with just 1 death is what makes the game exciting and worth playing. That feeling you get when you're low hp, that's what games are for, not some stupid easy mode 24/7 grind with no challenges, no penalties, no consequences.

I have faith the admins won't listen to the morons coming to a classic server forum asking to change one of the biggest core mechanic of classic servers..

That's like joining a x25 H5 server and asking the GM's to change it to interlude patch..  If you want interlude, join an interlude server, if u want h5, join h5, if u want classic, join classic. but don't join 1 and ask for something else. There are 1247523745237234 private servers out there, if you can't handle this one go find another that's easy enough for you xD

Thanks god you're here Gelthias, reading this thread i was starting to believe this server was going to be filled with only a bunch of scared carebears. Good to see there are some people who knows what classic is.

• Like 1

equipment while pve'íng.

So true, iI've always loved that side of L2, that's why i'm really into classic, because classic is where the challenge is at. i've always played diablo 2 and diablo 3 on HC mode, because i don't see the point in playing a game the easy way, it's just no fun at all. Knowing you could lose something you've worked hard for with just 1 death is what makes the game exciting and worth playing. That feeling you get when you're low hp, that's what games are for, not some stupid easy mode 24/7 grind with no challenges, no penalties, no consequences.

I have faith the admins won't listen to the morons coming to a classic server forum asking to change one of the biggest core mechanic of classic servers..

That's like joining a x25 H5 server and asking the GM's to change it to interlude patch..  If you want interlude, join an interlude server, if u want h5, join h5, if u want classic, join classic. but don't join 1 and ask for something else. There are 1247523745237234 private servers out there, if you can't handle this one go find another that's easy enough for you xD

Thanks god you're here Gelthias, reading this thread i was starting to believe this server was going to be filled with only a bunch of scared carebears. Good to see there are some people who knows what classic is.

Finally done with your inaproppiate language? 
Opinions are opinions, and don't act like a little child, and call players morrons or such,
cause you're disliking their suggestions/opinions.

This was just concerning me, because I would like to have a heavy populated server, without future Rage Quiters.
But i'm done with this Poll, getting tired of people flaming to another, just because they're disliking their suggestions/opinions.

@Sephix  Try to look on the bright side. Think of all the good things that can come from being able to drop items. You can play a bounty hunter or TH and train botters and possibly get loot. You wont even have to worry about bots fighting back. Heck, even if they aren't bots you can still train your enemies, and if they aren't paying attention you will nail them! 

I can't tell you how many times I got trained at lower lvls by BH's. Most of the time I dropped nothing, sometimes I dropped worthless stuff and other times I would drop jewelry. I also cant tell you how many times I would play my BH and do the same thing to bots and players alike. :D

I just created 40 accounts to vote yes couse this is a main core feature noobs

See u in live training mobs and killing shops in giran ;)

​I dont think you can kill shops in giran in classic.