Sign in to follow this  
LHHC

New player - questions on class pick.

Hi guys!

Newly joined player that last played retail like 10 years ago, or perhaps even longer.
I've recently experienced an urge to delve back into L2 and therefore been looking around for information on the status of each class before picking, and it has been a little difficult.
Could anyone kindly give some pointers as to what classes perform well at the moment (and/or in upcoming content updates)?
I'm particularly interested in archer/dagger and tank archetypes, and I don't really need a class that levels exceptionally well but if they're able to solo a bit that's also really cool. :)

Man, there are no good classes only good players. Play the class that you like not the class people want you to play and you will find out you will be better at playing a class you enjoy.

I agree with you, but this boils down to the fact that I don't have any clear preference as to what I want to play. To make an example, I could play and enjoy both AW, PW and TH - but if one of the classes are marginally considered better by my peers with more experience in the current state of the game, well then obviously I'd pick that. I'm not asking for people to pick my class, I'm simply asking for a bit of information on the current status of the classes to help me decide :)

15 minutes ago, LHHC said:

I agree with you, but this boils down to the fact that I don't have any clear preference as to what I want to play. To make an example, I could play and enjoy both AW, PW and TH - but if one of the classes are marginally considered better by my peers with more experience in the current state of the game, well then obviously I'd pick that. I'm not asking for people to pick my class, I'm simply asking for a bit of information on the current status of the classes to help me decide :)

I found some topic about daggers

https://l2classic.club/forum/topic/20820-dagger-smash/?tab=comments#comment-146842

• Like 1

AW:

PW

TH:

Keep in mind PW is hero on the movie so hits a bit harder. Decide by yourself. In my opinion the best right now is AW

• Like 1

Welcome dude,

Play DA for the reasons below:

- Easy to level up due to aoe parties
- Decent solo due to the panther
- Fear
- Fear
- Fear
- Fear
- Fear
- Fear
- Fear

Have fun

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thank you so much for the information, guys. I really appreciate it :)

What would the best way of leveling an AW from scratch without any additional funds? Save for a bow to decrease downtime?
Also, is it a necessity to box a PP for leveling (and I'd need a PA to do this?)?

@xNirvana How does DA compare to SK in terms of soloabilty/pve/pvp?

I'm bombarding you guys with questions now, but seeing as there is a bit of diverse player base in here I figured I'll ask - Is there a place for active WC/OL play? Or are they made obsolete by buffboxes?

Sup,

Yes PA is needed unless you have 2 PCs (1 for ech char), WC/OL are more than welcomed indeed.

About the DA/SK comparison, they are both good in general. When it comes to aoe xp they are pretty much the same,
but when it comes to solo I do believe that SK is the king of tanks, due to the cubics/hex and the high dmg due to its race.

DA on the other hand is not that bad due to the panther, but when it comes to pvp, DA is the boss, check a pvp video or so, to see what a DA can do.

Cheers

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xNirvana said:

but when it comes to solo I do believe that SK is the king of tanks, due to the cubics/hex and the high dmg due to its race.

If you are talking about solo exping DA is waaaaay better than any other tanks and even any melee class (well maybe not better than tyrant and destro).

The panther hits like a truck, its much better to kill mobs than any combination of cubics and debuffs

• Like 1

i think sk kills faster if the guy cant afford panther shots and as he said he has not much resources to spend for shots right now

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, svein said:

If you are talking about solo exping DA is waaaaay better than any other tanks and even any melee class (well maybe not better than tyrant and destro).

The panther hits like a truck, its much better to kill mobs than any combination of cubics and debuffs

You forgot warsmith. It hits like a destro and the gollem is stronger then panther.

• Like 2

Thanks a lot for the information guys. This surpassed my expectations :D

Anyone care to chip in how Blade Dancers fare? Are they able to dish out any pain during pvp, or do they mostly operate as buffers?
I'm all of a sudden extremely uncertain what I'd like to play ^^ So many classes are appealing.

BD is an attack support character. Its pretty good in pvp if you ask me man, it has all these debuffs and you can deal some dmg too.If you go bd then you will have no problem at all with xp. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LHHC said:

What would the best way of leveling an AW from scratch without any additional funds? Save for a bow to decrease downtime?

+12 str -con, pl set, OE bow, othel rune with focus and don't stop till 73. keep or farm adena for it

• Like 1

well bd can hit hard if played aggressively and with proper (+STR -CON) dyes and nobody will probably give a fuck to focus you

it gets pretty tricky though cause u can only play like this in fighter group where u have full fighter buffs

while BDs can be secondary DDs in fighter groups, they only fit as secondary tanks in mage groups, gotta have that +CON -STR. good thing is u can practically go afk as a bd in mage group while pveing